Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear from Artifact Lockboxes is not random!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gear from Artifact Lockboxes is not random!

Rouslaan
02.05.2019 , 05:59 PM | #1
This BS made me sick to death already.
You wait a week for new piece of 252 gear and you get 5th hands or 4th chestpiece or a implant with worthless stats - this is very disappointing.
I'm doing Ossus weeklies by 8 toons and every of them are getting same pieces of gear: some of them getting only cuffs or only hands or only chestpieces from Artifact Lockbox (Upper Body) or only feet from Lower Body. This can't be a coincidence - chances that you randomly will get same pieces 8 times in a row, for weeks are so low, so that makes me to suspect that developers have made a kind of algorythm which makes your gearing as long as it possible.
They've made a game where you can obtain gear only farming some crystals that you can get only 4 of them per week. And in addition some weeklies were bugged - on 1st week when you could receive it only on Tuesdays, and that GSF weekly that just tells you go fk yourself with your GSF victories - it's still 0/3!
All this game is just a waste of time. I'm not gonna pay for such sht anymore, gl!

Lunafox
02.05.2019 , 08:20 PM | #2
I hear you, since the start of Ossus 5.10 or whatever you want to call it, I have gotten exactly ZERO uppers from the weekly 252 boxes. Today I got two wrist pieces and an implant...the rest of things have been pretty much implants, so it's frustrating. I run 5 toons through that a week, and will probably add a sixth just to see if I can't increase my chance of getting an upper.

Also, is a belt in the upper box? or Lowers box? lol.
💥The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!💥

Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Toraak
02.05.2019 , 08:29 PM | #3
The easy solution if you do not want to deal with RNG. IGNORE the weeklies, and get your pieces from MWS.

The RNG does help speed it up some, but you do not need to even use the RNG at all to gear up for the 252/258 gear.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Totemdancer
02.05.2019 , 08:54 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
The easy solution if you do not want to deal with RNG. IGNORE the weeklies, and get your pieces from MWS.

The RNG does help speed it up some, but you do not need to even use the RNG at all to gear up for the 252/258 gear.
That’s not the point of the OPs complaint or the thread.

Lhancelot
02.05.2019 , 09:19 PM | #5
If you recall, SWTOR began gearing with RNG and people despised it. They then worked on removing the RNG component and people became happy.

Then they went back to RNG.

Exactly what happened that made them decide to go right back to the very type of gearing system they worked years to get rid of?

***They did learn something new though, they learned to lock mods into the gears to further remove even more capability to min/max and also to create more grind.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Rouslaan
02.05.2019 , 10:17 PM | #6
Dude, read the name of the topic - "is not random", the point is that they say it's RNG but it's not.
What's the chance to get via random same result 8 times in a row?
The question is - is it a bug, or they did it intentionally. I suspect 2nd option.

DarthCasus
02.05.2019 , 11:47 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
If you recall, SWTOR began gearing with RNG and people despised it. They then worked on removing the RNG component and people became happy.

Then they went back to RNG.

Exactly what happened that made them decide to go right back to the very type of gearing system they worked years to get rid of?

***They did learn something new though, they learned to lock mods into the gears to further remove even more capability to min/max and also to create more grind.
I wouldn't even say the playerbase was happy after they added half-arsed methods to obtain guaranteed gear. It was part of a tedious and very unfun system, a more complex version of the very system they trashed for BEING TOO COMPLEX IN THE FIRST PLACE. It was enough to wipe out entire segments of the PvE playerbase and scare off potential long timers. It hurts to see them fiddling with things that aren't broken and claiming the house isn't on fire.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop

IoNonSoEVero
02.06.2019 , 01:24 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post

If you're not interested in PvP or grouping for Ops and MM flashpoints, and you don't want to get hosed for 2000 UCs per piece of gear, yes, you do.

Noerra
02.06.2019 , 06:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
If you're not interested in PvP or grouping for Ops and MM flashpoints, and you don't want to get hosed for 2000 UCs per piece of gear, yes, you do.
This.

I have not been able to gear any of my toons with Ossus system. I keep getting the same kitten item every week and usually even the type you can't pull mods out and use them on alt that it getting its "same item" for different slot. If they would make those weekly lockbox items bind on legacy i think i would have one or more character half geared by now.

DzastinBiberi
02.06.2019 , 07:16 AM | #10
Exciting™