Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guild Perks Discussion

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Totemdancer
02.04.2019 , 06:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Awesome work on this UlaVii! Everyone can let us know their thoughts/feedback on Guild Perks, especially now that they have been in the wild for a while.

I am going to try get some more details on the looter mats, but I can answer the other. The Class buff only effects the individual that casts it.

-eric
No guild perks should work in PVP that gives anyone an advantage. Ie heal regen faster

Maxitrac
02.05.2019 , 04:22 AM | #12
Letís get rid of the might set bonus.... itís aids. Its the cause of many wipes and inconvenient circumstances in PvE and parsing.
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <One Eighth>
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/sales

UlaVii
02.05.2019 , 06:37 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxitrac View Post
Letís get rid of the might set bonus.... itís aids. Its the cause of many wipes and inconvenient circumstances in PvE and parsing.
Despite me having to disable it in both our Imperial guilds I still think it's good fun and beneficial. Watching Maras and Assassins exclaiming "woah how did I just drop an orbital?!" is priceless

You just have to be very careful when you enable it. We are planning on using it again but we will pick specific nights/events for it. If you don't like it then just don't enable it. There might be weeks like this week were we prefer to have an empty slot but that was only 50% because of avoiding activating the perk, the other 50% was that the other perks available for the slot this week were worthless to our guild. Flashpoint endurance lols Definitely won't be like that every week.

When it comes to competitive parsing it really doesn't matter since all passive perks will be allowed so the scoreboards are meaningless now. The forum post for my guild that announced we're shutting down our 6 year old internal DPS Club competition was called "Guild Perks Have Killed The DPS Club" which sums it up nicely. It is sad but at the same time perks do offer benefits for a wider percentage of the guild so I'm hoping the long term trade-off will be worth it. The current list of perks isn't that exciting but if they continue to add new ones then it could get quite interesting.

UlaVii
02.05.2019 , 12:57 PM | #15
Just confirmed that perk two week cycle rotates at the weekly conquest end time, not when the it starts

Also, it seems the rumored "Instant Guild Mail" perk is already active globally since I've been able to mail guild members without the 1 minute delay since perks went live. This has meant handling the 30+ weekly guild prize mails and regular guild cleaning "welcome back" mails super quick. I'm massively hoping BW do not enable this perk and just leave the mail delay off globally as a permanent guild improvement

Alas, this is another week were we end up leaving a perk slot open. We looked at various combinations of juggling perks across last week and this week and no combinations worked for us as the only useful ones for our guild would of activated the might set bonus. Avoiding that left us with the choice of keep an empty slot again or waste guild commendations on Flashpoint/GSF buffs. Instead we looked ahead and decided to save up for two weeks from now when we can purchase level 64 perks. Should be just in time for the Hive of the Mountain Queen. There are some great level 64 perk combos for those two weeks, not so much for lower levels though.

My feeling is that the perks are a nice idea but there are not enough meaningful perks and definitely not enough to have regular great combinations. It's always a case of having a trade off which is a shame. It would be nice if it was just pure goodness.

Khaleg
02.06.2019 , 02:56 AM | #16
Although this would also be a thing for the bug report section, I will post this here as well:

The perk "Bridge" (mount acceleration) is bugged. I think it increases the speed of no mount at all (not 100 % sure though) but instead decreses the speed significantly on many.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

UlaVii
02.06.2019 , 05:50 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
Although this would also be a thing for the bug report section, I will post this here as well:

The perk "Bridge" (mount acceleration) is bugged. I think it increases the speed of no mount at all (not 100 % sure though) but instead decreses the speed significantly on many.
Sorry that is too vague for me to do anything with. Do you "think" it decreases the speed or have you actually tested it as we did with the Sprinter perk? If you have tested it then roughly what % decrease in speed are you seeing and what base speed are you comparing that to? By that I mean the character perks Speeder Piloting 1-5 (90/100/110/120/130)

Which of the mount speed perks do you mean? There are two different kinds:

1. Mount Speed Boost - "Increases your mount speed for 10 seconds" - The actual % is unknown so I will add that to the questions section
  2. Mount Improvements I-II-III - "Increase mounted speed by 10/15/20%"

We're currently doing tests with the Hasten perk. Just waiting for the last 15 minute cooldown for the final test.

UlaVii
02.06.2019 , 06:58 AM | #18
I added a question to the top of the thread from the Reddit post:

Quote:
Do the Starfighter Conquest I-II perks require the entire group/team to be a guild group as the Warzone versions do?
The person that originally posted the details about the GSF perks did not include screenshots and did not mention what the tooltip says exactly.

There are also some extra questions in the Reddit thread post that I wasn't sure would be allowed here although I'm sure several of us are keen to know the answers

UlaVii
02.06.2019 , 07:47 PM | #19
Tested out "Hasten" extensively in our Republic guild this morning. In my opinion it is definitely not worth the 50 guild commendations it costs.

Hasten (Effect Image)
  • Increases movement speed by 90% for 6 seconds, can't be used in PvP or MM ops
  • Has a crazy 15 minute cooldown
  • Only applies to your base speed, does not multiply Sprint or class utilities like Sneak

A common trend with a lot of perks which kills their attractiveness is a combination of their low duration and their excessively long cooldown periods (some are 6 hours). Those values need to be drastically rebalanced to make the perks worth the guild commendation cost which itself could also do with being reduced across the board.

I have removed the Guild Recharge Drones from both our Imperial guilds. We had a fairly heated debate in guild chat tonight and the fact is that we can't use this perk with a good conscience. Our guild prides itself on being a positive force for the community and this perk is definitely a big negative for PvP. It's a nice idea but it has to be disabled for PvP and it really needs the stacks building added to it like normal regens. Then at least it can be useful out in openworld content.

BenduKundalini
02.07.2019 , 02:39 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
I have removed the Guild Recharge Drones from both our Imperial guilds. We had a fairly heated debate in guild chat tonight and the fact is that we can't use this perk with a good conscience. Our guild prides itself on being a positive force for the community and this perk is definitely a big negative for PvP. It's a nice idea but it has to be disabled for PvP and it really needs the stacks building added to it like normal regens. Then at least it can be useful out in openworld content.
Hats off ! Incredibly commendable.