Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is Bioware so silent on major gear issues from 5.10?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is Bioware so silent on major gear issues from 5.10?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Stellarcrusade
12.19.2018 , 11:19 AM | #21
For about 1 week after they raised the bolster, is the best time to PvP. Pvp with everyone having the same level of gear is EPIC. That is probably why there have been some matches. But really, it will start to degrade week by week after that as those of us who have totally given up even trying to get 5.10 gear stop PvPing completely until 6.0 comes out.

And really, if there are less forum threads complaining about this then there were in previous gearing changes may be partly due to a couple of reasons:
1.) Every new gearing system is so complicated, it takes awhile for people to realize how messed up it is.
2.) There are only 3 of us still left playing the game, how many posts do you think we can make?

TrixxieTriss
12.19.2018 , 10:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
For about 1 week after they raised the bolster, is the best time to PvP. Pvp with everyone having the same level of gear is EPIC.
This time it will be 3 weeks because no one can get 258 gear yet.

What is amusing is how bad some of the old gear gods are who use to say how good they were. Now gearing is mostly equal for all, games are closer and more challenging for everyone involved. This is the way pvp should be. Skill vs skill and not gear vs gear.

ivanhedgehog
12.20.2018 , 02:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SiegePro View Post
Alternately, they're ignoring it because 95+% of the player base doesn't care one way or another because they already faceroll the content they actually play in 230-ish gear and barely touch regular PVP, much less ranked PVP.

Do not mistake "loud" for "numerous" when it comes to the player base.

Personally getting some 252 something or other (probably a weapon or offhand if its using stuff I'm choosing since those have the biggest effect on tech/force power) just from doing regular content will be a nice bonus, but I honestly couldn't care less about gear that's going to be obsolete the moment 6.0 drops with five more levels and minimum 260 rating green quality drops for the new content.
Except when they do their next "balancing"pass they will be looking at parses of people in full augmented 258s. They will nerf everyone because these people are doing what the devs consider "too much" DPS. It has happened before, they will do it again. If you dont have 258 gear at that point you will be out of luck.

ivanhedgehog
12.20.2018 , 02:11 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
And this stupid grind for content philosophy won’t work with anyone whose got a brain or played the game longer than 5 mins. All they are doing is making people hate the game they once loved and driving new people away when they realise how ridiculous the grind is.

It’s ridiculous to imagine they are all that stupid. There must be someone on the team who understands the larger negative affect this will have vs “their idea” of positive. We need those sensible people to help us push back against this terrible idea and get it fixed.
Biowart does not care. at all. They will release what they want to release and hope for the best. When they reach the point of closing they will blame the players. I am thinking Musco is told what he can say and when and they figure we will just live with what we are given. Many of us will not stick around for buggy grindy 6.0

Stellarcrusade
12.20.2018 , 08:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
This time it will be 3 weeks because no one can get 258 gear yet.

What is amusing is how bad some of the old gear gods are who use to say how good they were. Now gearing is mostly equal for all, games are closer and more challenging for everyone involved. This is the way pvp should be. Skill vs skill and not gear vs gear.
I've noticed this also. It must really bug those players who are "all-gear no skill" that were doing just fine before the bolster went up, hahahaha. Plus the casuals have more of a chance to contribute because only their skill is their disadvantage, not skill+gear.

Stellarcrusade
12.20.2018 , 08:26 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SiegePro View Post
Alternately, they're ignoring it because 95+% of the player base doesn't care one way or another because they already faceroll the content they actually play in 230-ish gear and barely touch regular PVP, much less ranked PVP.

Do not mistake "loud" for "numerous" when it comes to the player base.
I think you just made the opposite point that you were trying to. If 95% of the player-base doesn't care one way or another, that leave the 5% that are actually affected by the change, and since that is a tiny percentage the outcry means a huge percentage of those affected are complaining. This indicates that the changes were a very bad idea. Why would we want them to install changes that affect badly the only people who are affected by said changes.

I mean really, people who are not affected at all are not going to go onto the forums and post a new thread: "I'm totally unaffected by the latest changes, just thought I would let you know that, everyone who are unaffected post here."

Opiklo
12.20.2018 , 08:32 AM | #27
i dont know what your issues are with reg warzones and gear...
today i went into pvp with nothing on other than mainhand and leftside as i forgot my gear in the legacy cargo...
i was 2nd in dmg had 29 kills 1 death and my 11 medals (both teams had 2 heals)....
regs really arent about gear...
the average skill level in regs is just too bad for gear too matter( and i am not really a pvp player)
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer / Alpentraumpilger / Cartel Market Warlordz on Tulak Hord

Neoforcer
12.20.2018 , 08:45 AM | #28
Bioware dose not care about it customers. The fact they were told that we would be unhappy with this new gear. They have lost there way and the Devs will say they listen to the players. But time after time they keep getting it wrong. It's getting to the point for us player to see the light and quit this P-O-S Of a game. Biofail you have failed us for the last time.

We don't want box gear grinds or rep gear grinds. OR any gear grinds at all we rather be doing other activities. As more people leave the more they will ask what is wrong and i doubt they will realize it there actions. Caused so many to quit.

They cant learn no one plays the game for gear progression and Grinds. We play to have fun and this is no fun any more. SIGNED THE ENTIRE GAME POPULATION.

Bullyabass
12.20.2018 , 08:49 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
i dont know what your issues are with reg warzones and gear...
today i went into pvp with nothing on other than mainhand and leftside as i forgot my gear in the legacy cargo...
i was 2nd in dmg had 29 kills 1 death and my 11 medals (both teams had 2 heals)....
regs really arent about gear...
the average skill level in regs is just too bad for gear too matter( and i am not really a pvp player)
i feel you may have spectacularly missed the point about gearing in pvp AND the point of warzones

Which is an impressive 2 for the price of 1 post

Well played

livingdeadjedi
12.20.2018 , 08:52 AM | #30
Talking of gear, I did a majorly stupid thing. I didn't realise the armouring we get at the start after talking to Lana would wipe off set bonuses for that gear. I had changed the armouring in the head and chest before I read the pop up window..... Pity there is no undo option for making numpty mistakes which I should have remembered... Stupid me.

Regarding the gear, it's ironic it matches the enhancements I have already, like a uni mate at Bioware is secretly watching my story The annoying thing is the enhancements are not in a neat order. Crit Crit Crit, Acc Acc, Alac Alac Alac. Makes my OCD go into overdrive!!!
May the Force be with You !