Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Making new mat as a rewards for doing solo ranked is another horrible mistake

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Making new mat as a rewards for doing solo ranked is another horrible mistake

JediMasterAlex
02.16.2019 , 05:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by juliushorst
If it's solo I'm risking ruining the fun for three other people who are skilled PVPers and are going to be unhappy with my underperformance. I'm not going to do this because I don't like ruining people's fun.
I really appreciate this attitude, and normally I would endorse your decision completely. But it's preseason right now, which is the perfect time to do ranked with no consequences, because there is no rating at stake. Some people may still get angry with you if you're really bad, but you can safely ignore those people.

It is true that the quality of solo ranked games in preseason with all of these new people queuing has dropped significantly. I can only hope that most people are getting the crystals they need this week and next week, then they will stop. We'll see.

annabethchase
02.16.2019 , 09:29 PM | #12
Wait, there's mat farmers willing to play up to 50 matches a week for a crystal? I find that a bit hard to believe given where we are in the content cycle right now.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

Goreshaga
02.17.2019 , 02:41 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by juliushorst View Post
If it's solo I'm risking ruining the fun for three other people who are skilled PVPers and are going to be unhappy with my underperformance. I'm not going to do this because I don't like ruining people's fun.
And, this is why i'll probably never be able to get the Resourceful Renegade armor set, unless PvPer are able and willing to sell them or it becomes available via CM at some point.
I hate PvP, and if i go there only for 1 outfit i like, i'll just be there with no interest in winning or loosing and no desire to spend time improving my skills, so it'll all just be annoying for everyone involved in the end

And a game is made to heve fun, i'll not ruin my fun, or other poeple's just for 1 cosmetic outfit, that appeared in the collection alongside several other outfit i did not like that were all directly available via CM...

bladech
02.17.2019 , 02:41 PM | #14
omg. today i had many fights with players who just died in seconds without knowing anything about their specs,abilities etc... when i asked them why they queue solo ranked instead of regs, team ranked, flashpoints they said "i need a blue crystal" or linked the quest with this cursed crystal.

It seems like devs have no idea how ranked is working and what is needed to be done to make it better. It seems like they aren't playing this game at all because only a person who never played ranked could put a thing which is required for everyone as a reward for a solo ranked quest.

Rip solo ranked 2k19

TrixxieTriss
02.17.2019 , 04:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
Wait, there's mat farmers willing to play up to 50 matches a week for a crystal? I find that a bit hard to believe given where we are in the content cycle right now.
Queue, pop, /stuck, match over, queue pop, /stuck, match over... etc.

This is part of the complaint and I’ve seen plenty of it over the years for different things.

Sure 50 is now more than 20. But Arena is pretty fast if you lose instantly

KumbayaGOD
02.17.2019 , 08:29 PM | #16
i que rank today and to be honest i and have probably 50-50 win and lose and now im close to 42/50 solo rank point and intent to finish it to get the mats and one thing i put on my mind is dont put too much stress on it and you will enjoy it more
Our team sometimes get globalled and we lost the match , and even i want to put a piece of my mind to this guy but i refrain to do so and just enjoy the game

and solo que pop quite fast in SS so i dont think it is a bad thing , sure it is a lottery who you group with but its better than waiting 1 hour without pop
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

TrixxieTriss
02.17.2019 , 08:43 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KumbayaGOD View Post
i que rank today and to be honest i and have probably 50-50 win and lose and now im close to 42/50 solo rank point and intent to finish it to get the mats and one thing i put on my mind is dont put too much stress on it and you will enjoy it more
Our team sometimes get globalled and we lost the match , and even i want to put a piece of my mind to this guy but i refrain to do so and just enjoy the game

and solo que pop quite fast in SS so i dont think it is a bad thing , sure it is a lottery who you group with but its better than waiting 1 hour without pop
Especially as it’s preseason. I think it will be different and we’ll hear a lot more complaining once the season starts.

What we should be doing is promoting - encouraging the farmers to do it in preseason.

Storm-Cutter
02.18.2019 , 04:11 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
While team ranked died and requires new incentive for player's to play it, devs put a new mat to SOLO RANKED which is far from dead and already full of mat farmers who has no idea how to damage,heal, swap guard etc. Sometimes i think that the main sponsor of swtor is facepalm because every time i check new changes facepalm is all i do.

Remove mats from solo ranked and put mats in team ranked. IS this so difficult for you??
If you swap the rewards around the farmers will do group instead of solo. They'll chase whatever they want however it is rewarded.

However if they are so bad at Solo ranked, why are you not farming them for easy gearing up?
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

bladech
02.18.2019 , 04:21 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by KumbayaGOD View Post

It is easy to say like this during pre season. When season will start skilled players will loose all elo thanks to army of mat farmers and then i doubt you will be so calm :/

Paulsutherland
02.18.2019 , 04:35 AM | #20
Yeah I've bumped into a few people doing this on SS. I might as well start doing it, the matches are over so quickly and no one seems to care.