Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

I don't think Troy Baker would give up Bioware/SW:TOR, because I recall watching an episode of their (Troy and Nolan North's) web series Retro Replay, and they mentioned Bioware and SW:TOR as being a 'bread and butter' thing that can always be counted upon and I really got the impression that they were loyal and grateful and wouldn't bite the hand that feeds, so to speak.

I just wish Bioware would stop biting the hand that feeds and give us more Theron and Theron love scenes!

I'm glad to hear this! But that now puts the blame straight on BW for choosing to give Theron a backseat in the story when that's not how his character was originally introduced. I really really wish I could be a fly on the wall and hear what the prevailing thought was on this decision. Was it just an accident that Lana and Theron were made to be equal counterparts in story and in screen time? Was that set-up intentional but then purposefully scrapped for some reason with the decision to give Lana all the principal scenes instead? Was this some kind of money/resources thing where the decision was made to cater to the prime demographic only, leaving everyone else to fall to the wayside because they are less important?

I was happy when Lana and Theron were introduced as counterparts. I really thought that this was an intentional, mindful change that reflected a desire to open up the best story experience for everyone in the playerbase. So it feels almost like a betrayal when they did a 180 and chose to move away from this model. Why shut us out again? You can't tell me that making the same scenes but with different characters chosen to "star" in them is that much harder, you know? Someone recently posted on reddit a whole bunch of cut dialog from KOTFE/KOTET where mutiple characters were given the same lines and what you saw was dependent on your choices! In other words, they actually did some of this already, took the time to record it, and then cut it out.

I swear, sometimes I just want to pull my hair out.

I just worry Theron will go the way of Koth in getting nothing. It's already starting to go that way with duties he should be doing being given to Lana. Though I suppose he does react one way or another over Gnost, which is more than Koth got over the Gravestone. :(

I'm very concerned that they are "kothing" Theron now. (Can that be a word?)

I guarantee you if it had been a male character doing and saying all the stuff to our character that Lana does, the "core demographic" of straight men would flip out and BioWare would immediately change it and probably give that male Lana equivalent a kill option (Koth got one just for standing up to our characters when they mass murder his people).

It really bothers me how Koth was handled actually. I strongly, strongly suspect that Koth was intended to be a major character and one of the main three romances but then was cut due to the faction of players that screamed for his murder. And for what? Standing up to our character? Sticking to his beliefs? I can see how he doesn't mesh with all character types. When I played a power-hungry Sith character, I was more likely to notice how he always called the gravestone "his" or be annoyed at how much he simply refused to see any bad in Valkorion. But he went from being this heroic character, helping save our lives, to...almost a downright villain and it didn't feel natural to me. I suspect his story was partially rewritten, OR cut so that we only saw the bad sides. And why was his romance cut entirely and left in an unfinished state?

There seems to be this real animosity towards any male story character who dares to challenge the male PC in any way. (See exhibit A.: Quinn) I also think that is reason why we have so few male Force user companions in general (they might make the male PC feels less powerful) and why we have so many young, impressionable female Padawans instead.

I'm thinking the convo should go more like this.

PC: Theron, we need to talk.

Theron: Nothing good ever starts with that. It's Oggurubb isn't it. Damn charming Hutt, I knew he'd be a problem.

PC: *laughs and hugs Theron* No silly, but I have to admit that monocle is hot.

Theron: Seriously, though...*looks a little worried*

PC: Did you know that Lana has been meddling with your work?

Theron: What do you mean?

PC: You know how she asked me to go for that walk with her before? Well, she as much as told me she's been in contact with the SIS and Jonas.

Theron: You lost me.

PC: I'm not really working for the Empire, if you catch my drift.

Theron: Kinda like that time I wasn't really betraying the alliance. Or you. Gotcha.

PC: Exactly. Lana's been going over our heads, intercepting calls, doing our talking for us. I don't like it.

Lana: *from under the bed* It's for your own good.

PC and Theron: The hell?! *lift up bed skirt* GET OUT!

Lana: *leaves mopingly.*

PC: That's just creepy.

I knew it! I just knew Lana was hiding under my bed all this time! (Either that or I must need to vaccuum more if my dust kitties are starting to take on the shape of Lana.)

Edited by CloudCastle

I got a good laugh here. Lana hiding under the bed - lol. And yes, I really wish they would put that last part in about the kiss. About time he does the Quinn pull kiss! ;):D

Lana hiding under the bed had me shrieking with laughter XD I wish I could say it's because the idea is so ridiculous but it's so believable! T_T

I knew it! I just knew Lana was hiding under my bed all this time! (Either that or I must need to vaccuum more if my dust kitties are starting to take on the shape of Lana.)

Haha, I'm glad you guys had a chuckle. My work here is done lol. *chuffed up* :D

I'm glad to hear this! But that now puts the blame straight on BW for choosing to give Theron a backseat in the story when that's not how his character was originally introduced. I really really wish I could be a fly on the wall and hear what the prevailing thought was on this decision. Was it just an accident that Lana and Theron were made to be equal counterparts in story and in screen time? Was that set-up intentional but then purposefully scrapped for some reason with the decision to give Lana all the principal scenes instead? Was this some kind of money/resources thing where the decision was made to cater to the prime demographic only, leaving everyone else to fall to the wayside because they are less important?

I was happy when Lana and Theron were introduced as counterparts. I really thought that this was an intentional, mindful change that reflected a desire to open up the best story experience for everyone in the playerbase. So it feels almost like a betrayal when they did a 180 and chose to move away from this model. Why shut us out again? You can't tell me that making the same scenes but with different characters chosen to "star" in them is that much harder, you know? Someone recently posted on reddit a whole bunch of cut dialog from KOTFE/KOTET where mutiple characters were given the same lines and what you saw was dependent on your choices! In other words, they actually did some of this already, took the time to record it, and then cut it out.

I swear, sometimes I just want to pull my hair out.

Well, blame must be assigned where it belongs. People were thinking it's Troy Baker getting to be expensive, when it's just Bioware in love with Lana and courting their target demographic. I think they're quite capable of installing whatever companion in a scene that the player's love interest choices dictate. I'm no dev, but it doesn't strike me as being all that hard to do. I agree with you about wanting to pull my hair out too, it's frustrating a lot of the time, when all I'd like is a LOT more time with Theron doing stuff and conversing. We need more special moments with him. :)

Edited by Lunafox

It really bothers me how Koth was handled actually. I strongly, strongly suspect that Koth was intended to be a major character and one of the main three romances but then was cut due to the faction of players that screamed for his murder. And for what? Standing up to our character? Sticking to his beliefs? I can see how he doesn't mesh with all character types. When I played a power-hungry Sith character, I was more likely to notice how he always called the gravestone "his" or be annoyed at how much he simply refused to see any bad in Valkorion. But he went from being this heroic character, helping save our lives, to...almost a downright villain and it didn't feel natural to me. I suspect his story was partially rewritten, OR cut so that we only saw the bad sides. And why was his romance cut entirely and left in an unfinished state?

Fully agree with you around Koth, based on KOTFE chapter 1-9 I really feel as though he was being made out as you said to be on the main new 3 romances (Lana, Theron, Koth). I do believe a lot of the initial hate for Koth also came from the fact that he appeared to have a thing (and a fling with?) for Lana which infuriated those wanting Lana to themselves which also lead to lots and lots of hate right from the get go.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Well, blame must be assigned where it belongs. People were thinking it's Troy Baker getting to be expensive, when it's just Bioware in love with Lana and courting their target demographic. I think they're quite capable of installing whatever companion in a scene that the player's love interest choices dictate. I'm no dev, but it doesn't strike me as being all that hard to do. I agree with you about wanting to pull my hair out too, it's frustrating a lot of the time, when all I'd like is a LOT more time with Theron doing stuff and conversing. We need more special moments with him. :)

Only that it would mean having to write dialogues for each character and have the voice actors work on it too. Not that easy in the end I guess.

Don't get me wrong, I am strongly in favour of it. I believe that it makes sense to have the LIs come and say something when the Commander leaves on a mission or comes back, and my main LI is part of the ones who did not get that much screentime as a LI (I cannot say that we do not see Arcann that much overall :p). I only say that it requires potentially more than we think.

Fully agree with you around Koth, based on KOTFE chapter 1-9 I really feel as though he was being made out as you said to be on the main new 3 romances (Lana, Theron, Koth). I do believe a lot of the initial hate for Koth also came from the fact that he appeared to have a thing (and a fling with?) for Lana which infuriated those wanting Lana to themselves which also lead to lots and lots of hate right from the get go.

Definitely agree with this! Koth stood up to our characters rather than meekly accepting every evil action, he acted like the main character of his own story rather than immediately and unrealistically falling into a subservient supporting role for our special snowflake protagonist, and he’s implied to have a romantic history wirh the #1 dudebro wife. He threatens their machismo because of these things and therefore had to die. 🙄

Definitely agree with this! Koth stood up to our characters rather than meekly accepting every evil action, he acted like the main character of his own story rather than immediately and unrealistically falling into a subservient supporting role for our special snowflake protagonist, and he’s implied to have a romantic history wirh the #1 dudebro wife. He threatens their machismo because of these things and therefore had to die. 🙄

Agree with this. Also funny how you don't see Koth fans/romancers generally wanting Lana's blood, the same way some of the ones romancing her do. As if their waifu having been romantically tied with someone else however briefly is an affront to them. Like, Lana interrupts the scenes with Koth just the same as Koth does to hers and yet the attitude is very different toward him. It didn't help that people being angry and wanting his blood was encouraged by the devs.

I really don't want Theron to go the same way as Koth considering he pretty much ceases to exist in the current story even when it makes sense for him to make an appearance (ring any bells with Lana taking over the role of contacting Jonas/SIS that should have been Theron's job? Ugh.)

Agree with this. Also funny how you don't see Koth fans/romancers generally wanting Lana's blood, the same way some of the ones romancing her do. As if their waifu having been romantically tied with someone else however briefly is an affront to them. Like, Lana interrupts the scenes with Koth just the same as Koth does to hers and yet the attitude is very different toward him. It didn't help that people being angry and wanting his blood was encouraged by the devs.

I really don't want Theron to go the same way as Koth considering he pretty much ceases to exist in the current story even when it makes sense for him to make an appearance (ring any bells with Lana taking over the role of contacting Jonas/SIS that should have been Theron's job? Ugh.)

Agree with all this.

Also, if there really was something between Koth and Lana, why put all the blame on Koth ? If she did not want to be involved with him, i guess she's strong enough to make it really clear that she's not interested... So if one has to be blamed, then so should the other. Anyways, when our character disapeared, Lana and them were not even trully a thing so why should she wait 5 years ? If there had been something between Koth and Lana, after KOTFE 9 when they officially became a thing, i could get behind people being angry at Lana or Koth for that, but not before KOTFE 9 when there was at best a few kisses with Lana at this point.

And, in the end because of all that we're left with things that don't trully make sense.

There was no reason not to see Koth with his crew on the Gravestone and evacuating with them when it exploded (he could've been there by default and replace by the Cathar lady when he's dead).

No reason either no to see him while getting back on Odessen and telling him that loosing the Gravestone is sad, but at least he and his whole crew are safe (and he should definitively have received a romance scene here for Commanders romancing him, where they both expressed they were just happy that the other was safe)

We did not even receive a short mail from him about what just happened which is ridiculous.

And it's pretty obvious that they intend for Theron to follow the same path, as he was not involved in the sunset walk about the last faction choice where HE should've been the one contacting the SIS for characters siding with the Republic, and even more so for Commanders romancing him, and not Lana.

We will probably see him pop here and there in a few cutscenes before he mysteriously disapear never to be seen again, joining all the other LIs except Lana in the "LI's nothingness"

But we should all be happy, we'll probably get some more new ladies to romance :rolleyes:

Agree with all this.

Also, if there really was something between Koth and Lana, why put all the blame on Koth ? If she did not want to be involved with him, i guess she's strong enough to make it really clear that she's not interested... So if one has to be blamed, then so should the other. Anyways, when our character disapeared, Lana and them were not even trully a thing so why should she wait 5 years ? If there had been something between Koth and Lana, after KOTFE 9 when they officially became a thing, i could get behind people being angry at Lana or Koth for that, but not before KOTFE 9 when there was at best a few kisses with Lana at this point.

And, in the end because of all that we're left with things that don't trully make sense.

There was no reason not to see Koth with his crew on the Gravestone and evacuating with them when it exploded (he could've been there by default and replace by the Cathar lady when he's dead).

No reason either no to see him while getting back on Odessen and telling him that loosing the Gravestone is sad, but at least he and his whole crew are safe (and he should definitively have received a romance scene here for Commanders romancing him, where they both expressed they were just happy that the other was safe)

We did not even receive a short mail from him about what just happened which is ridiculous.

And it's pretty obvious that they intend for Theron to follow the same path, as he was not involved in the sunset walk about the last faction choice where HE should've been the one contacting the SIS for characters siding with the Republic, and even more so for Commanders romancing him, and not Lana.

We will probably see him pop here and there in a few cutscenes before he mysteriously disapear never to be seen again, joining all the other LIs except Lana in the "LI's nothingness"

But we should all be happy, we'll probably get some more new ladies to romance :rolleyes:

I think blaming Koth but not Lana is tied to a misogynist notion (even if it’s subconscious) that women are pretty much property owned by their male partners. You don’t get mad at your car when the car is stolen, you get mad at the thief. After all a car is just a car and has no mind or will of its own.

I totally agree that Koth should have been included in scenes like the ones you mentioned, even if it was just silent and in the background but they couldn’t even be bothered to have him run by in the back of a shot for people who kept him alive. Don’t you just feel so valued?

In fact, I remember someone started a new thread, raging that their Lana cheated on their character during their carbonite time.

I think blaming Koth but not Lana is tied to a misogynist notion (even if it’s subconscious) that women are pretty much property owned by their male partners. You don’t get mad at your car when the car is stolen, you get mad at the thief. After all a car is just a car and has no mind or will of its own.

I totally agree that Koth should have been included in scenes like the ones you mentioned, even if it was just silent and in the background but they couldn’t even be bothered to have him run by in the back of a shot for people who kept him alive. Don’t you just feel so valued?

Oh, how could I forget that just a car a woman has no mind of her own ? :eek:

Kinda feel bad for Lana to be seen like that, even though she's just pixels, or for any female NPC or PC running around nearly naked, oddly enough, i never run into male PCs or NPCs nearly naked like the female ones.

That's really sad.

Even though Koth is not one of my main character's romance, i started a romance with him on a smuggler, and i liked the romance, untill he just vanished, which kinda ruined the character and her romance, as i think he really works well with a smuggler.

And considering i've never killed him (except on that one stupid DS testing dummy of a SW i used to see how the DS version of KOTFEET played out, and honnestly, i felt the DS playtrhough was just ridiculous, will all these pointless kill options, i just stoped playing that character), it really felt stupid that Koth was not with his crew, he did not even need to talk on the Gravestone, just be there with his crew :(

And a short mail was probably not too much to ask for...

And well, I guess any male LI has to go down because one way or another they threaten our fellow straight male players in their own manliness, and we'll all be left with only female LIs in the end...

In fact, I remember someone started a new thread, raging that their Lana cheated on their character during their carbonite time.

I remember those arguments.

Not that I'm still bitter or anything...but I remember with the Lana romance when a glitch occurred and they gave players the option after Nathema with the Droid to correct the romance which was an awesome thing for them to do, but some Theron romancers in Nathema also experienced a glitch where the romance was lost (ok maybe I am still bitter about it) and we didn't get any droid to fix the issue for us. Still makes me so angry that Lana gets a fix for her romance glitch but Theron never got one for his romance glitch and I don't understand why not? :rolleyes:

What about Khem Val romance? They actually spent resources and time to do that when they could have used it to have Theron doing his work (what Lana now does) at the start of the Ossus stuff. I am really sorry if someone here actually wanted that romance but for me even the idea they used resources on that pisses me off.

Now excuse me to put my tinfoil hat on before saying this... There... But it sometimes feels almost like they are making fun of Theron romancers/ladies like "Hahaha they ask for more romance let's make Khem Val romance" with some Beavis and Butthead laughter. Grrrrrhhhh. :mad:

What about Khem Val romance? They actually spent resources and time to do that when they could have used it to have Theron doing his work (what Lana now does) at the start of the Ossus stuff. I am really sorry if someone here actually wanted that romance but for me even the idea they used resources on that pisses me off.

Now excuse me to put my tinfoil hat on before saying this... There... But it sometimes feels almost like they are making fun of Theron romancers/ladies like "Hahaha they ask for more romance let's make Khem Val romance" with some Beavis and Butthead laughter. Grrrrrhhhh. :mad:

I've no idea why they decided to make Khem a romance, especially as he can't even kiss you, but at least one of my Inquisitor's is glad that they did. :p But let's not start on the waste of resources thing, I mean, people could say the same about making Theron and Lana a romance because it 'took away resources that could be used for old romances' - which is something I know people ranted over with Arcann. I don't begrudge them making new romances, especially as it's only part of Khem (and Jaesa, and Nadia's) re-recruitment scene so it's not like they got anything hugely special and I doubt those romances will get anymore scenes anyway. I can't see Bioware actually animating Khem's ritual so he can finally be with my Inquisitor without Mistress Death getting in the way. ;)

Of course I certainly wish that they would put more effort into the older romances and still give Theron scenes, but I'm not going to begrudge giving people more choices. My Knight is certainly holding out for Scourge to become an option, same as a few of my others are hoping we might get more with Jonas in the future. I don't want them replacing Theron, but I doubt they're taking the resources away from him. More the fact he's bricked just like everyone else with a kill option and Lana is supreme.

It's probably their idea of a 'male force user romance'. :eek: Even if my Nox is twisted enough to partake of it...I'd still rather they'd used those resources to make more Theron stuff. And flirting with the Ossus lizard dude isn't my idea of fun either, but go figure...the writers of this game seem to hate the female player. Maybe they think they'll drive us away with all this, then all can become LANA.

I remember those arguments.

Not that I'm still bitter or anything...but I remember with the Lana romance when a glitch occurred and they gave players the option after Nathema with the Droid to correct the romance which was an awesome thing for them to do, but some Theron romancers in Nathema also experienced a glitch where the romance was lost (ok maybe I am still bitter about it) and we didn't get any droid to fix the issue for us. Still makes me so angry that Lana gets a fix for her romance glitch but Theron never got one for his romance glitch and I don't understand why not? :rolleyes:

Don't even get me started. Customisation of Malavai on Iokath still broken. Almost 2 years now. Same with Raina Temple in the FP where she returns. Still broken. Beniko customisation broken in another FP? Was fixed within 2 weeks.

It's probably their idea of a 'male force user romance'. :eek: Even if my Nox is twisted enough to partake of it...I'd still rather they'd used those resources to make more Theron stuff. And flirting with the Ossus lizard dude isn't my idea of fun either, but go figure...the writers of this game seem to hate the female player. Maybe they think they'll drive us away with all this, then all can become LANA.

This is also as reply to Farferello :D. I am usually last one to talk about wasted resources and never want to take things away from others. But i can't help it grinded me badly when first my Nox had to swoop around with Lana by the waterfalls without option for push her down, then she got just a tiny hug from Theron and after all this suddenly whole romance scene with Khem (who i love a lot as comp but hell no for me...).

All can come Lana... i thought it already happened! Btw in my language word Lana means that really big road machine, i think it's called leveling drag in english? And that's how she feels to me. A leveling drag.

Last but not least. I reserve one more time to use term "wasted resources" just in case that black talon droid starts to flirt with us in future. I hope you guys won't get too mad! I promise to loan you my tinfoil hat then as long you won't strecth it!:D

I have no idea why they decided to make Khem a romance. I'm still wondering if i'll try that with my Nox.

Ashara is the biggest nope in the LI history for me, so the poor guy has been single forever, so if i can find a nice man for him.

I wonder what he's been up to during the 5 years my JK spend in carbonite, maybe he was trying to find out where Cytharat disapeared after he left Maked ?

I'd love more Theron but more than anything else, i really wish they'd stop putting everyone in awkwardly creepy romantic situations with Lana. Like going on a romantic walk, that's perfect for characters romancing her, for any character romancing anyone else, going on romantic walks alone with her, while they can't do the same with their LIs who are nowhere to be seen is just annoying :(

And about potential new LIs, well we'll probably get Tau and Anri (both females, and while i quite liked them during JUS, i'm not interested in romancing any of them).

Daerunn, well i quite like the way he looks, but as a romance, nope thanks, i'll pass on that one.

Jonas, he may work with my Nox, idk, but i really felt like punching his face when he started flirting with my JK who is with Theron, as he should know about that and not go after his buddy's lover.

Rumors about a droid romance, well, again, no thanks, i'll pass on that one. Can I have more Theron, Arcann, Aric, Vector and Torian instead please ? And Akaavi as well, my smuggler deserves some love too.

Don't even get me started. Customisation of Malavai on Iokath still broken. Almost 2 years now. Same with Raina Temple in the FP where she returns. Still broken. Beniko customisation broken in another FP? Was fixed within 2 weeks.

Vector's eyes are still broken as well in the cutscene where he show his real eyes :(

And that's pretty much the most important scene in the entire romance...

I was totally convinced that the Khem Val romance was the devs inserting fake data as a joke for all the data miners to obsess over. You can imagine my shock when the rumor turned out to be real. :eek: I still think it is meant as a joke though. From what I saw on youtube, the lines are particularly, hilariously cheesy. They also went out of their way to acknowledge the thing many players used to comment on...how do you kiss someone with a huge fanged mouth half the size of your head? You don't obviously...instead you put in a scene that references the joke and then give Khem an excuse to put it off. (I really do wonder how - animation-wise - they will pull off a Khem/OC kiss if they do end attempting it! :eek: )

It is kind of odd though that they would take the time for something like a Khem romance, just because people made numerous (I presume again) joke threads about it, yet years of serious requests get ignored. I mean...at this rate Treek is probably next. :rolleyes:

To me the Khem Val "romance" seemed like a joke and I doubt it will ever get another scrap of content again. I don't know of anyone that was seriously asking for a Khem Val romance and it (and also flirting with the shark-dinosaur general) seems like a weird thing to devote time and resources to when they're apparently so put upon and strapped for cash that we can only have one companion as a real person with all the rest as silent, absent, cardboard cutouts.

When SoR first started I didn't hate Lana. She was a part of a larger group and a counterpart for Theron, she didn't dominate every scene. As the years have gone by and she's been more and more favored and shoved down our throats and our relationship with her has been forced and defined by the devs and not by our own choices and actions I've gone from "she's pretty interesting" to "I resent her and want her to back way off" to "I hate her and want to roll her in broken glass and throw her into a Sarlacc!" Her two passionate defenders that appear in every thread made about her increased that hatred as well.

I believe the only reason we got a romance with Arcann (even though it was just 2 scenes and there will probably never be any interaction with him again romantic or otherwise) was because a female BioWare employee was really advocating for it but she doesn't work for the company anymore so I don't think we can expect anything further. We've almost reached full "straight males are the only ones who exist" (though lesbians can benefit as a result they're not the ones it's being made for) territory. We have Lana with 90+ percent of companion interaction as always including romantic walks through the woods, the two new companions both can be flirted with and both are female. Two returning LI companions are female (with LS Jaessa being available for a romance for the first time) one is a gross monster with a joke "romance" scene and one is a male romance companion we also get another gross male monster we can flirt with (the general on the Republic side).

So straight men get:

-Crap ton of Lana

-Major Anri a cute Twi'lek

-Jedi Tau Idair who is very tall but otherwise a normal looking human

-Nadia

-Dark Jaessa

-Light Jaessa

So 6 legitimate romance scenes or flirt options

Straight women and gay men get:

-30 seconds of Theron who we then have to leave in the dark about our plans and Lana steals his friends and contacts

-Khem Val a gross monster/joke

-General Daerun another gross monster/joke

Straight women but not gay men get:

-Doc if they previously romanced him

So 2 legitimate romance(though as we all know Lana and Theron's content is in no way equivalent) options and 2 joke options :/

Straight women but not gay men get:

-Doc if they previously romanced him

I'd like to add in regards to Doc I was disappointed that we didn't get a combat scene with him, we had a part where we had to fight along side Nadia so why couldn't we have had that with Doc also? Why does Nadia get that extra scene mid-Ossus story but Doc doesn't?

We have Lana with 90+ percent of companion interaction as always including romantic walks through the woods, the two new companions both can be flirted with and both are female. Two returning LI companions are female (with LS Jaessa being available for a romance for the first time) one is a gross monster with a joke "romance" scene and one is a male romance companion we also get another gross male monster we can flirt with (the general on the Republic side). /

Taking bets now that the new male companion in 6.0 will be an non force using Houk or Gamorrean alien! Any new female companions will be hot force using alien or human wearing skimpy clothes and fawning over everything you do. I'm not even joking here in my expectations. :p

Didn't realize Quinn's customization still didn't work, that's a real pain. :( I'm currently rolling another SW and I personally love the white haired Quinn (The Ilum security custom). Considering it may very well be the last cut scene/'s we ever get with Quinn it'll be a real immersion breaker when he's not in the customization I put on right away after getting him on Balmorra.

Taking bets now that the new male companion in 6.0 will be an non force using Houk or Gamorrean alien! Any new female companions will be hot force using alien or human wearing skimpy clothes and fawning over everything you do. I'm not even joking here in my expectations. :p

Aint touching that bet with a 30 foot pole lol You're almost certainly right.

I have no doubt in my mind that you're right. Like Nefla, I'm totally not touching that bet. As a straight female player of SWTOR these past 7+years, that's pretty much my expectation too. I'm starting to wonder if it's not a conspiracy...get rid of the straight female players and all can become pvp and romance with Lana. We are the only obstacles to their happy heaven of nothing but female romances and killing each other in boring ways. Oh and killing the few hawt male companions in ghastly ways.

Edited by Lunafox

To me the Khem Val "romance" seemed like a joke and I doubt it will ever get another scrap of content again. I don't know of anyone that was seriously asking for a Khem Val romance and it (and also flirting with the shark-dinosaur general) seems like a weird thing to devote time and resources to when they're apparently so put upon and strapped for cash that we can only have one companion as a real person with all the rest as silent, absent, cardboard cutouts.

When SoR first started I didn't hate Lana. She was a part of a larger group and a counterpart for Theron, she didn't dominate every scene. As the years have gone by and she's been more and more favored and shoved down our throats and our relationship with her has been forced and defined by the devs and not by our own choices and actions I've gone from "she's pretty interesting" to "I resent her and want her to back way off" to "I hate her and want to roll her in broken glass and throw her into a Sarlacc!" Her two passionate defenders that appear in every thread made about her increased that hatred as well.

I believe the only reason we got a romance with Arcann (even though it was just 2 scenes and there will probably never be any interaction with him again romantic or otherwise) was because a female BioWare employee was really advocating for it but she doesn't work for the company anymore so I don't think we can expect anything further. We've almost reached full "straight males are the only ones who exist" (though lesbians can benefit as a result they're not the ones it's being made for) territory. We have Lana with 90+ percent of companion interaction as always including romantic walks through the woods, the two new companions both can be flirted with and both are female. Two returning LI companions are female (with LS Jaessa being available for a romance for the first time) one is a gross monster with a joke "romance" scene and one is a male romance companion we also get another gross male monster we can flirt with (the general on the Republic side). /

I had no idea a Khem romance was actually possible! I thought it was a joke. It was ALWAYS a joke on DK, either that or Jawa jokes.

And I totally agree with all you said about Lana. She is now the Liara of this game. If you played the first 3 Mass Effect games, Liara was the waifu-type blue skinned alien that went from potential LI to creepy almost-default LI. It is infuriating.

But back on topic, hello! Theron is my favorite of the newer LIs. He is my female Sage's guy, my male Shadow's guy, and the awesome friend for my Scoundrel and Mara. I did leave him on Nathema on one character, a Jugg that is evil to a fault. Let's just say right after that, I "exiled" that character and rerolled a Warrior to sort of undo it.