Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear from Artifact Lockboxes is not random!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gear from Artifact Lockboxes is not random!

Rouslaan
02.11.2019 , 09:30 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
5.10.1 patch notes released. Nothing in them saying they have fixed this bug.

I have to wonder how CS can 100% determine its a bug with no coding experience or access to the code. Either they are guessing because the randomness doesn’t seem to be in the RNG factor or they’ve been given some inside info.

I’m going with guessing because if it was a known bug and they knew this, you wouldn’t have been told to report it.

It’s good that you have reported it in the bug section. Now let’s see what happens?
Knowledge database? No, never heard of it.
And I wouldn't expect a fix in the nearest patch - some bugs I've met recently in this game and googled were from 2013, like ops chat bug or gsf t4-t5 upgrades reset or many-many more annoying bugs.
They still can't fix mission sharing, collected artifacts quest and the bug boss on Ossus which sometimes gives credits and sometimes doesn't, so, may be they will fix the random thing in 5.10.100.

As I said, let's see what devs will reply.

TrixxieTriss
02.11.2019 , 09:37 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Rouslaan View Post
let's see what devs will reply.
Good luck on your quest

Rouslaan
02.11.2019 , 10:08 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
From all explanations given by the devs the boxes are indeed RNG. Until I see something written in yellow text from Eric explaining that the lockboxes are bugged, I am going to go with what the devs said which is lockboxes are RNG.
Just curious, what devs said you that boxes are RNG? Could you provide a link or do you hear voices or smth?

TerraStomper
02.12.2019 , 11:40 AM | #124
From what I've observed from the Ossus crate drops is that they are very likely biased by slot type. And not biased by class, but rather by character with tech, upper, and lower crates usually dropping the same slot type for that character. I say usually because about 15% have been unexpected surprises.

For example, suppose I'm in need of mods for a merc helmet. I can complete the weekly on one of my particular commandos, select the tech crate and will likely get the needed helmet. Its mods can be ripped and transferred via legacy. That commando has seen nothing but head slot gear from 6 tech crates so far. Spec has not influenced the slot bias (of course heals or damage sets what the helmet's stats will be.) The merc has seen 5 offhand blasters and 1 surprise quick savant earpiece so far. Too bad commandos cant use offhand barrels.

I have one vanguard that has opened 9 crates, 3 from each type. Spec hasn't influenced the returned slot type there either. From tech its been 2 bulwark and 1 adept earpieces. From upper: 1 adept and 2 bulwark implants. From lower: 3 relics of devastating vengeance. Nothing transferable via legacy.

My sith assassin has seen nothing but relics from lower crates: 2 relics of devastating vengeance, 1 boundless ages, 1 shrouded crusader, and 2 primeval fatesealer so far. My jedi shadow has also seen nothing but relics from lower crates: 5 relics of devastating vengeance, and 1 relic of focused retribution. I haven't tried tech or upper crates with either of them.

Rouslaan
02.16.2019 , 12:05 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by TerraStomper View Post
From what I've observed from the Ossus crate drops is that they are very likely biased by slot type. And not biased by class, but rather by character with tech, upper, and lower crates usually dropping the same slot type for that character. I say usually because about 15% have been unexpected surprises.

For example, suppose I'm in need of mods for a merc helmet. I can complete the weekly on one of my particular commandos, select the tech crate and will likely get the needed helmet. Its mods can be ripped and transferred via legacy. That commando has seen nothing but head slot gear from 6 tech crates so far. Spec has not influenced the slot bias (of course heals or damage sets what the helmet's stats will be.) The merc has seen 5 offhand blasters and 1 surprise quick savant earpiece so far. Too bad commandos cant use offhand barrels.

I have one vanguard that has opened 9 crates, 3 from each type. Spec hasn't influenced the returned slot type there either. From tech its been 2 bulwark and 1 adept earpieces. From upper: 1 adept and 2 bulwark implants. From lower: 3 relics of devastating vengeance. Nothing transferable via legacy.

My sith assassin has seen nothing but relics from lower crates: 2 relics of devastating vengeance, 1 boundless ages, 1 shrouded crusader, and 2 primeval fatesealer so far. My jedi shadow has also seen nothing but relics from lower crates: 5 relics of devastating vengeance, and 1 relic of focused retribution. I haven't tried tech or upper crates with either of them.
I asked ppl on my server and many of them were telling that they are getting same pieces from the lockboxes all the time too - just the same issue that we have.
Unfortunately, devs haven't replied yet neither to this topic, nor to the one I created in the "Bugs" section.
I already have several toons fully equipped by 258 except mh/oh - added 8 more toons for farming those masterwork crystals and the new monumental crystals (grind, grind, grind), but still curious - are they gonna fix it or nah.

Lhancelot
02.16.2019 , 12:18 PM | #126
I asked ppl on my server and many of them were telling that they are getting same pieces from the lockboxes all the time too - just the same issue that we have.
Unfortunately, devs haven't replied yet neither to this topic, nor to the one I created in the "Bugs" section.
I already have several toons fully equipped by 258 except mh/oh - added 8 more toons for farming those masterwork crystals and the new monumental crystals (grind, grind, grind), but still curious - are they gonna fix it or nah.
If people actually got a ticket answer back saying this is an actual bug, it would be nice to get an acknowledgement from Eric Musco here on the forums saying that the dev team has been informed of this bug, and if/when it will be fixed.

Just some acknowledgement would do a lot to alleviate player's frustrations. People get resentful and angry when they are talking to someone else about something important and instead of a response all they get is silence.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Rouslaan
02.17.2019 , 12:57 PM | #127
If people actually got a ticket answer back saying this is an actual bug, it would be nice to get an acknowledgement from Eric Musco here on the forums saying that the dev team has been informed of this bug, and if/when it will be fixed.

Just some acknowledgement would do a lot to alleviate player's frustrations. People get resentful and angry when they are talking to someone else about something important and instead of a response all they get is silence.
weren't you telling before that this "actual answer saying this is an actual bug" is just an automated responce and this is 100% RNG? what's happened, voices in your head have changed?

Lhancelot
02.17.2019 , 03:40 PM | #128
weren't you telling before that this "actual answer saying this is an actual bug" is just an automated responce and this is 100% RNG? what's happened, voices in your head have changed?
There's never been confirmation one way or the other. If you got a ticket response, then I'd like to see a confirmation by Eric Musco that it's indeed a bug and not awful RNG.

Your supposed automated ticket answer doesn't really mean much, sorry to say. You can send in 5 tickets for the same thing and get 5 different answers.

Until an official explanation says the loot boxes are bugged and not RNG, then I am going to say it's RNG, because it's supposed to be RNG.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Rouslaan
02.17.2019 , 04:50 PM | #129
There's never been confirmation one way or the other. If you got a ticket response, then I'd like to see a confirmation by Eric Musco that it's indeed a bug and not awful RNG.

Your supposed automated ticket answer doesn't really mean much, sorry to say. You can send in 5 tickets for the same thing and get 5 different answers.

Until an official explanation says the loot boxes are bugged and not RNG, then I am going to say it's RNG, because it's supposed to be RNG.
oh yeah, bugs are so unusual in this game, everything is working as it supposed to be