The new loading screen poster is a gigantic spoiler

DewyMossEmpire

It’s been quite a while of time. You can’t expect to avoid spoilers on an online game after a few months.

Take for example, people that played after KOTET released. Is arcann going to be deactivated as comp cuz spoilers?

Or Nathema conspiracy for example, running around with Theron and his new hair as comp.

They didn’t kept secret any of the returning comps either for Ossus. Character appearances are pretty important on this game, it’s what gets people’s attention to play, return, etc.

I started diving late last year for the first ime in this game, and I started playing the stories for the first time, while I also knew a little bit of what was going on at the time (Traitor story and Arcann romance). And that peaked my interest even more to continue playing to see what led the story get up to that point. It’s not about the end, it’s about the journey that drives the excitement. And there’s not much spoilers when each player has their own decisions and vision of what their protagonist will be in that story.

Am I the only one who appreciates the new loading screen, even though I haven't been anywhere near Ossus in terms of story? Been long enough since 5.10 was released. Unless you avoid interaction with everyone in the game, Malgus being back from the dead is no surprise anymore.

I don't care about the spoilers, but I preferred the original version of the loading screen.

1. It looked better to me.

2. It split imp/pub equally, while Malgus' prominence emphasizes one side only.

3. I don't really care for Malgus or any other over-the-top evil type villains, the game is loaded with them. Malgus' return was no big deal to me. Seeing his face all the time is annoying.

At what point are the spoilers acceptable? I think we're far enough away that it's appropriate now. People who want to play for the latest story and avoid spoilers realistically should have cleared the content on their own by now. Everyone else can't expect the rest of the players to sit on their hands forever.

4 weeks after 6.0 is out would be my call. You can't expect people to return for every patch, especially when patches are so infrequent.

That was pretty obvious from book one though :rolleyes:

And only half Targaryen...

Not so fast my friend. Depending on where you stand on the "Doctrine of Exceptionalism",

<spoiler>you may be talking about Aegon Sand or Aegon Targaryen.

Personally, I believe he's Aegon Sand in the show. Not sure even a prince can just "annul" his marriage to a princess who had bourne him 2 children. Seems to me we shouldn't just gloss over this detail. Now if they had announced he divorced Elia, I'd call him Aegon Targaryen no problem.

Then, even if he is Aegon Targaryen, this is far from settled as to whether he was the Heir Apparent or whether Rhaegar's line was disinherited by Aerys II. Since Rhaegar was dead at the time and Aerys II named Viserys his heir, I think Dany has the current best claim.</spoiler>

Edited by annabethchase

Not so fast my friend. Depending on where you stand on the "Doctrine of Exceptionalism",

<spoiler>you may be talking about Aegon Sand or Aegon Targaryen.

Personally, I believe he's Aegon Sand in the show. Not sure even a prince can just "annul" his marriage to a princess who had bourne him 2 children. Seems to me we shouldn't just gloss over this detail. Now if they had announced he divorced Elia, I'd call him Aegon Targaryen no problem.

Then, even if he is Aegon Targaryen, this is far from settled as to whether he was the Heir Apparent or whether Rhaegar's line was disinherited by Aerys II. Since Rhaegar was dead at the time and Aerys II named Viserys his heir, I think Dany has the current best claim.</spoiler>

Under spoiler because it's a potential spoiler and because it's a bit off topic.

Targaryens could have several wifes, Aegon the Conqueror married his 2 sisters, so i don't really see why Rhaegar could not marry Lyanna Stark, even while still being married to Elia Martell.

If incest is ok, then polygamy is not worse :D

IIRC, Rhegar died before Elia and their children, who died shortly after Aerys, so technically Aegon became Aerys's successor when his father died, and Viserys came after him in the succession line, and Daenerys after him.

Now if Jon is a legitimate child as well, then, he supposedly comes after his older brother in the succession line, but before his older sister, uncle and aunt, so he would be the one with the best claim.

Now back to topic, i'd really like if we could choose between that new loading screen and the previous one, because i liked the previous one better.

Under spoiler because it's a potential spoiler and because it's a bit off topic.

Targaryens could have several wifes, Aegon the Conqueror married his 2 sisters, so i don't really see why Rhaegar could not marry Lyanna Stark, even while still being married to Elia Martell.

If incest is ok, then polygamy is not worse :D

IIRC, Rhegar died before Elia and their children, who died shortly after Aerys, so technically Aegon became Aerys's successor when his father died, and Viserys came after him in the succession line, and Daenerys after him.

Now if Jon is a legitimate child as well, then, he supposedly comes after his older brother in the succession line, but before his older sister, uncle and aunt, so he would be the one with the best claim.

Now back to topic, i'd really like if we could choose between that new loading screen and the previous one, because i liked the previous one better.

http://royalcentral.co.uk/blogs/the-primogeniture-paradox-the-posthumous-heir-54339

Since Rhaegar was dead before Jon/Aegon was born, and the king and kingdom never knew of Aegon, and Aerys II named Viserys his successor, I think Jon/Aegon's claim has been skipped by the UK laws this is all loosely based upon.

It would be nice if we had a choice. I never thought I'd miss that loading screen of Vaylin and Senya but I'd prefer even that to Malgus's glaring face.

I know it's silly and probably unlikely, but sometimes I feel like Bioware is personally trolling me. I did, after all, name him 'Bioware's Zombie Poster Boy' and what do they do...they make a ginormous splash page with their boy.

Didn't you get that sense when they specifically put in the line about Theron's hair before you go to Ossus?

I immediately thought of you when I heard that