Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Malora

Estelindis
02.16.2019 , 10:08 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Well, when you arrive with Tau, Malora has her lightsaber activated, when asked where Gnost-Dural is, she only says that you're too late, and she's the one who attacks when asked to surrender...
So she doesn't look like a defenseless non-psycho Sith, especially considering the kind of experiment she was doing on the Geonosian, who ended up attacking both the Jedi colony and the imperial troops...
Couldn't agree more. The interpretation to which you're replying honestly boggles my mind. The thought that Tau is the psycho one here doesn't make the remotest bit of sense to me.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

IoNonSoEVero
02.16.2019 , 10:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarlegant View Post
And like most Sith, Malora is too stupid to surrender.
Neither does Gnost-Dural.

Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Couldn't agree more. The interpretation to which you're replying honestly boggles my mind. The thought that Tau is the psycho one here doesn't make the remotest bit of sense to me.
Tau tells you she's gone around stuffing bombs into Siths' mouths to kill them. She's not exactly a pacifist, although 'psycho' is a bit too strong. But Malora is limping in that scene, is not being an aggressor and is clearly trying to leave.

IoNonSoEVero
02.16.2019 , 10:24 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I hope so, but theyve allowed her to be killed so probably not.
That pub scene with Tau is very annoying. Malora clearly came after the fight was over and has absolutely ZERO interest in engaging with you but Tau, like most Jedi, goes into red-hazed kill mode when a non-psycho and nonthreatening Sith is in front of them, like how most Jedi treat you as a LS Sith. Its almost as brainless as chaotic evil Sith are.

Anyway, hope to see Malora more but shes killable and female so Id expect even if she was brought into the fold people will howl for her head. Not that Im saying they shouldnt add more male NPCs, as its a bit annoying to see the writers taunt women by making new female humanoids and only a deformed dead old guy and a weird alien rhino as new male NPCs that are obviously going to be playing big parts in the future.
I agree on this. Malora's female, and it doesn't matter what she does or doesn't do, since she's not a Hot Male (tm) there will be a subset of players here who will screech long and loud that it's terribly unfair and they're being ever so persecuted that she's getting screen time.

And yeah, Malora isn't the aggressor in that scene. She's trying to leave. It would be nice to see her get some content and work with Oggurobb but if she did I'm sure we'd hear all about it.

OldVengeance
02.16.2019 , 11:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Neither does Gnost-Dural.

Tau tells you she's gone around stuffing bombs into Siths' mouths to kill them. She's not exactly a pacifist, although 'psycho' is a bit too strong. But Malora is limping in that scene, is not being an aggressor and is clearly trying to leave.
"Gone around stuffing bombs into Siths' mouths"? That is the weirdest way to frame that. She very clearly describes it as a single instinctive reaction to a specific incident where a Sith decapitated five of her closest friends, and then tried to kill the pilot of their ship.

Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I agree on this. Malora's female, and it doesn't matter what she does or doesn't do, since she's not a Hot Male (tm) there will be a subset of players here who will screech long and loud that it's terribly unfair and they're being ever so persecuted that she's getting screen time.

And yeah, Malora isn't the aggressor in that scene. She's trying to leave. It would be nice to see her get some content and work with Oggurobb but if she did I'm sure we'd hear all about it.
The Sith presence made them the aggressors on that entire planet. Letting her go would have been ridiculous.

As far as Malora joining the Alliance goes, I believe she said she'd consider it. So I think the idea is that they left it intentionally open for her to possibly do more stuff as part of the Alliance later, but at the moment she hasn't joined yet.

OldVengeance
02.17.2019 , 01:04 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
I don't know about Tau. She strikes me as someone who will go into battle either overconfident or full of remorse. I'm also not keen on her replacing Satele as the Grand Master. Tau has spent 5/6 years on Ossus, I doubt her skills will be as impressive as someone who has spent the past 5/6 years fighting.
I'm a big fan of Tau. But I don't know that she's meant to replace Satele as Jedi Grandmaster specifically, so much as being a big Jedi hero that is front and centre in the Republic story.

kodrac
02.17.2019 , 11:21 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JuventusAndFCK View Post
I don't see why her death would hinder her recruitment in the playthrough that makes that choice, but I'd be surprised if she's anything more than another image in the contacts list after the Jedi under siege content is concluded.
If her recruitment means she will play a part in the story, great. if it means she'll just be another useless companion, don't bother; write her a good death.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.