More Stories and More content!

OFAWFletch

There is so much more to Star Wars than what we have experienced so far in SWTOR. Yes, granted, you spent MILLIONS on this game and by now you have made some money courtesy of the Cartel system, and the F2P thing came way to early in the first place. It's all about the bottom line right?

Opinion aside, lets do the right thing and put some heads together and bring in some real content, better than the Rise of the Cartel/Makeb thing. 5 Levels that really wasn't enough. We need more Missions, planets and Ops.

I find myself bored as hell with the same ole thing day in and day out. You can see it in chat. more people chatting about stupid stuff instead of Ops forming, etc. I did not pay 15 bucks a month for a chat program and to read all the immature banter that goes on daily.

Spend more money guys, hire some geniuses to make some really good stuff happen, or this great MMO will die a little more each day.

Thanks!

That's a classic example of how not to make a perfectly valid point, lol. People listen better when you aren't backhanding them at the same time, lol.

Mhm, pretty much.

People tend to stop listening to whatever you have to say once you start insulting them and their work.

While I completely agree with Errent Knight, I too would like to see more stories come through in the near future. Last evening I ran the Theoretika quest for HK-51 and as always absolutely loved it. The idea of investigating a new environment and piecing together what happened appeals to me, and being able to use the same character I run Ops with is fantastic. I love that I can solo the content and really take the time to enjoy the setting. I am sure the talented people at BioWare have many stories to tell and I am ok if they don't all include "kill 30 Blahblahs"

Thank you for the great game, keep it up.

While I completely agree with Errent Knight, I too would like to see more stories come through in the near future. Last evening I ran the Theoretika quest for HK-51 and as always absolutely loved it. The idea of investigating a new environment and piecing together what happened appeals to me, and being able to use the same character I run Ops with is fantastic. I love that I can solo the content and really take the time to enjoy the setting. I am sure the talented people at BioWare have many stories to tell and I am ok if they don't all include "kill 30 Blahblahs"

Thank you for the great game, keep it up.

Agreed! I love that quest (although I wish they hadn't made the fighting in the ship on Belsavis so much easier. It was just right when they released the content) and the way you don't have to rush through it for the spacebar crowd.

Oricon was good for what it was, it was just too short and was to 'dailiies in disguise', a problem Makeb shared, but with even less real interaction.

I want class content, but planetary quests need to be done like planets in the main story, not like section x with dialogue..

I bet they wouldnt ever get the budget to get all the voice actors back. 16 in demand voice actors probably most of them working on other stuff thats without any companion dialogue.

Start to see the reason almost all mmos have mute player characters.

Edited by Tellenn

I bet they wouldnt ever get the budget to get all the voice actors back. 16 in demand voice actors probably most of them working on other stuff thats without any companion dialogue.

Start to see the reason almost all mmos have mute player characters.

They've already stated that the biggest cost was NOT the VO. Over two(!) years ago or so.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Dev wages will obviously be by far the biggest cost but that's true of every game. The VO budget of swtor is significantly higher than any other game though. Thats going to be one of the big hurdles for more story content as well as getting back the same actors. Edited by Tellenn

The VO budget of swtor is significantly higher than any other game though. Thats going to be one of the big hurdles for more story content as well as getting back the same actors.

Pretty sure ESO blew them out of the water when they hired Kate Beckinsale, Malcolm McDowell and a ton of other incredibly famous people to voice their main cast. :p

Edited by Callaron

Dev wages will obviously be by far the biggest cost but that's true of every game. The VO budget of swtor is significantly higher than any other game though. Thats going to be one of the big hurdles for more story content as well as getting back the same actors.

Not if the actors are under contract.

You talk about stuff as if Bioware is new to this and doesn't consider some stuff in advance. Aside from one single character, I'm fairly sure that every single of them - since Vanilla anyway - has been voiced by the same VA.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Not if the actors are under contract.

You talk about stuff as if Bioware is new to this and doesn't consider some stuff in advance. Aside from one single character, I'm fairly sure that every single of them - since Vanilla anyway - has been voiced by the same VA.

I have to laugh, We as "customers" really do act as though we somehow know how to do the Developers jobs better than they do. I am certain community feedback, recommendations, and requests are a huge part of the planning process for the Dev. team, but I find my life is much less stressful if I just assume decisions are made in the entire communities' best interest.

They've already stated that the biggest cost was NOT the VO. Over two(!) years ago or so.

Actors don't make a ton of money. That's why they have to make godawful tv movies and such. If actors made as much money as people think they do, half the crap out there wouldn't be able to find a cast.

Even IF they can't get the Voice actors back, they can just cut and paste the voices and then seam into together into smooth speech. Simple enough. I mean, they sure did say a lot. Like "Nem'ro sure is full of suprises..." Blach blah thing that Mako says, that can be used for a ton of words. Like surprises, and such. I'm pretty sure this would be cheaper than re-hiring the voice actors.

There's no reason to think they couldn't get the actors back, but there are solutions to every problem. All they really need are the player character actors. While one would hole for new companion dialogues with old characters, they could always make new ones. But actors like to work, just like everyone else. There's no reason to think all the main characters couldn't be brought back, along with whatever extras they might need. Edited by errant_knight

There's no reason to think they couldn't get the actors back, but there are solutions to every problem. All they really need are the player character actors. While one would hole for new companion dialogues with old characters, they could always make new ones. But actors like to work, just like everyone else. There's no reason to thing all the main characters couldn't be brought back, along with whatever extras they might need.

It is a well know fact that people such as Jennifer Hale, Steve Blum, Robin Atkin Downes, Fred Tatasciore, Gideon Emery, Timothy Watson, among countless others, are chained somewhere within a Bioware VA studio.

They like it that way. :p

It is a well know fact that people such as Jennifer Hale, Steve Blum, Robin Atkin Downes, Fred Tatasciore, Gideon Emery, Timothy Watson, among countless others, are chained somewhere within a Bioware VA studio.

They like it that way. :p

Lol!!!! I believe this. I also suspect that acting for Bioware is a pretty decent experience given the way some of the actors in this and previous Bioware games talk about both acting the parts and their willingness to return. They seem to have had a lot of fun doing it.