How do I move companion abilities in their quick bar

Snocone

BUMP, This needs to be fixed, now pushing 40s, I want to be able to use all 4 quickslots, as well as see a few abilities my companions have. Not being able to move the abilities forces me to use an entire quickslot to see those cooldowns. Why can't we move them at all? and it would also be nice to move the companion abilities onto the original quickslots themselves, not the entire companion bar. I only lvled to mid 20s on beta or i would have caught this ages ago, and how didn't all of the 50s on beta say anything. I find this extremely frustrating to not be able to have the ability to customize my companions ability on its own bar or my bar whatsoever. This is a very easy fix, unlock the bar and abilities so that we can move them anywhere.

I second that we should be able to move our companion's abilities on their respective quick bars. I am working with a Logitech G13 and having that flexibility is important. Edited by Jornk

I would also love this.

I'm playing a shadow, and having the ability to manually deploy Holiday would be super awesome.

It would be possible to re-bind the hotkey (currently control+9) to one of the others (e.g. Control +4), but then, as someone posts above, you can't see the cooldown. You can expand the companion bar. However, I'm unwilling to give up an entire bottom quickslot bar to do this.

I would also love this.

I'm playing a shadow, and having the ability to manually deploy Holiday would be super awesome.

It would be possible to re-bind the hotkey (currently control+9) to one of the others (e.g. Control +4), but then, as someone posts above, you can't see the cooldown. You can expand the companion bar. However, I'm unwilling to give up an entire bottom quickslot bar to do this.

In preferances/UI you can choose for the companions slots to use the side bars so your bottom one isnt covered

Definately agree on moving companion skills. I'd like to keep all Quinn's healing abilities lumped together.

But also, I don't know if it's just me, when I move Quinn's full skills onto my middle hotbar, they all grey out and lock up so I can't click on them. They are fine when I put them on my leftmost hotbar but not the middle. Anyone else get this?

I would also like them to be moveable. I only use the minimised companion bar, cause otherwise I don't have room for all my main abilities. So, to change my companion's stances for instance, I have to expand the bar and then minimise it again, cause keybinds don't seem to work either for the hidden abilities.

I would also like them to be moveable. I only use the minimised companion bar, cause otherwise I don't have room for all my main abilities. So, to change my companion's stances for instance, I have to expand the bar and then minimise it again, cause keybinds don't seem to work either for the hidden abilities.

Neulwen have you tried putting your companion bar on the left or right quickslots?

To the OP, I strongly agree that we should be able to move our companion's ability slots. I'm not sure why bioware decided to lock them in the first place- it's easier to work with a companion bar you can customize to your preferences.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
And I rly dont get why no games at all make so u can move around ur bars ur self, without adds or mods

Lord of the Rings Online allows you to move/rearrange your entire UI. It would be nice if that function/feature were implemented in SW:TOR.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm bumping this thread, because I find it extremely annoying/useless that we can't modify the ability slots for our companions. Currently Doctor Lokin (Sniper/Operative companion) has his 4th ability as a Rhakgoul-form-only ability. Since I don't use his Rhakgoul form I'd like to replace that 4th ability with a healing ability so that when the bar is "minimized" I can see, hotkey, and use my top 4 healing spells.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump from me as well. Very lame design. Nadia's giant aoe nuke is number 8 on her ability list. That means I have to expand the bar to turn it on and off depending on whether I plan to use cc for that fight.

I even tried dragging it to my own bar from the abilities list, didn't work

Yes, please!

1. Be able to rearrange companion abilities on companion bar.
  2. Be able to place companion abilities on regular (non-companion) bars.
  3. Be able to use keybinds for an ability assigned to a quickslot even if the quickbar is hidden.

Well for a fleeting second, I thought Nadia was smart enough not to use her area nuke ability when someone nearby was cc'ed, but I was wrong. The AI's for the companions are mostly really decent (stances not sticking and other bugs notwithstanding) so I had some hope.

This is actually kinda nice as it forces me to use my shadow tank's aoe abilities that were largely ignored before. I am enjoying the playstyle and running content with Nadia

But still no excuse for the lack of functionality that is the topic of this thread!

Bumping this. The abilities that are mapped to the mini bar are useless and we need the flexibility to move them around.

For instance, for Khem Val I need his taunt & the aoe ability on the bar so that I can use them on demand. Taunt is there (thankfully) but the AOE is not.

What makes it worse is there doesn't appear to be any fanfare when you get a new ability so Khem had this great new ability that was breaking all my CC and I had no idea what was causing it until a sniper I was in a group with assured me that it wasn't him breaking the CC!

They're doing a big revamp of the UI "Real Soon Now!" and maybe this will be among the changes. Hope so. It's not exactly something they can just shim in during a standard weekly maintenance, so there's no point clamouring for it to be done 'immediately'.

They're doing a big revamp of the UI "Real Soon Now!" and maybe this will be among the changes. Hope so. It's not exactly something they can just shim in during a standard weekly maintenance, so there's no point clamouring for it to be done 'immediately'.

Actually, of the various improvements I've seen people ask for, the ability to rearrange companion quickslots looks like one of the easiest.

• 2 months later...