Which race for Sith Juggernaut (lore vs looks)?

Strive-US

Which race should I choose for my Sith Juggernaut, based on lore vs. looks? I've narrowed it down to two options.

1.) Male Pureblooded Sith

This seems most consistent with the lore. I've heard there's extra dialogue for choosing this race. As a male, I would have the option of romancing Jaesa or Vette. The con, and this is a fairly significant one for me, is that I've tooled around in the outfit designer and I can't say I've found an armor set that makes the character look good. The best thing would be to wear something more robe-like like Cytharat, but I'd want my Juggernaut in armor and not a dress.

2.) Female Human

Normally, I prefer to play female characters. They just tend to look better. I think I would have no problem finding a variety of outfits that would look great on my character. Plus, being human fits somewhat with the lore (powerful sith are usually Human or Purebloods). However, the Human female is not your archetypal character for a Sith Juggernaut. It seems somewhat outside the lore, if not wildly so. Plus, I'd have to give up romance with Jaesa or Vette and I do like character romances (Bioware! Y u no same sex romance options!?).

Male Human. With a Sith Tattoo.

The Sith Warrior pureblood concept is overrated despite the fact that it fits the story . Purebloods look much better when casting spells than fighting with lighsaber. The opposite counts for human.

If you wanna be female go pureblood both for inq and warrior, because they just look incredible.

Edited by Kaedusz

Which race should I choose for my Sith Juggernaut, based on lore vs. looks? I've narrowed it down to two options.

1.) Male Pureblooded Sith

This seems most consistent with the lore. I've heard there's extra dialogue for choosing this race. As a male, I would have the option of romancing Jaesa or Vette. The con, and this is a fairly significant one for me, is that I've tooled around in the outfit designer and I can't say I've found an armor set that makes the character look good. The best thing would be to wear something more robe-like like Cytharat, but I'd want my Juggernaut in armor and not a dress.

2.) Female Human

Normally, I prefer to play female characters. They just tend to look better. I think I would have no problem finding a variety of outfits that would look great on my character. Plus, being human fits somewhat with the lore (powerful sith are usually Human or Purebloods). However, the Human female is not your archetypal character for a Sith Juggernaut. It seems somewhat outside the lore, if not wildly so. Plus, I'd have to give up romance with Jaesa or Vette and I do like character romances (Bioware! Y u no same sex romance options!?).

I played Warrior 4 times, two mostly for a sense of achievement by using non-lore-fitting races I never used before. :p

One of those who fit lore wise however is a Male Cyborg Juggernaut with this armor set. I went for a Body Type 3, lots of facial implants - red eye included, it fits a gruesome training, I feel - and a scar on his right eye, the one covered by the cybernetic one. I like how bulky he looks, with that sturdy looking robe. Plus, with DS Effect showing he looks dreadfully intimidating in cutscenes. :D

The other one is a Female Sith Pureblood Marauder with this armor set. I wanted her to be closer to an Imperial Guard look, because of the story developings, yet a little bit different. Body Type 2, without showy scars on her face, and black hair. I kept the DS Effects hidden on her, as I feel it makes more sense. ;)

Other armor sets I considered are this, which looks exactly like the former Emperor's Wrath, and this for simplicity.

Given what you proposed, the Male Sith Pureblood could be interesting, although tbh Human with Sith Tatoos is pretty good looking aswell. Female gets to romance a very "interesting" character, plot wise, although I found him less than desirable as my Female Sith lover... :o

That said, most differences between Sith and not Sith in cutscenes are in the terms of "Noble Lord" versus "You Sith", or scared looks versus dubious yet respectful look from NPCs. Nothing really special, I'm afraid. ;)

Your call, in the end. Just pick what tickles your eye more. :)

I had no idea about lore and all that. I just made toons look how I like. When I made my character you ONLY had very VERY few species to choose from. The only pureblood I have is a force-blind sith pureblood male operative. I prefer pureblood males to females. I just don't like the look for the females.

I have three sith warriors, all are females because I *********** LOVE the Quinn romance so it's hard to do male sith warriors.

I have one human sw, one mirialan sw (my ds 5 btw) and one chiss sw.

My main sith warrior is my human. She's body 2, red head, green eyes, freckles and she's light side 5.

I'm always more concerned with looks then with lore. If I'm going to be staring at a character all day, they have to look good. So I have no characters who are ugly and believe me, I have no problem telling someone their character is ugly, and might want to rethink the hair their character has.

But out of my 22 60s, 2 are mirialans, 5 are chiss, 2 are cyborgs (barely), 2 are cathar, 1 pureblood, and 10 are humans.

Rattaki, Zabrak, Togruta, and Twi'lek are too ugly for me. The only reason I even have two Cathar is because they're my human female trooper and Jorgan's children.

That said, most differences between Sith and not Sith in cutscenes are in the terms of "Noble Lord" versus "You Sith", or scared looks versus dubious yet respectful look from NPCs.

Could you please elaborate on that? Are Pureblood Warriors really getting a different treatment from NPCs compared to humans?

Edited by Trollokdamus

The Sith warrior is supposed to be the heir to an ancient and prestigious sith bloodline, so yeah... pureblood.

On a side note, though purebloods are available as a default race for inquiz, I really can't stand that configuration. Nox ascended from slavery, clawed their way out of the muck and claimed a seat on the council in record time. If he, or she, is a pureblood, it ***** on the immersion and flushes it down the toilet. I hate that.

I leveled a few juggs in the past, all type 3 male humans with mowhawks and scars. Human (or cyborg) male really fits the character and the voice, as does human female.

That said I also think pureblood fits real nicely with the voice actors as well. Try both your choices, as well as human (or cyborg) male, just play through Korriban and see which you like better.

The Sith warrior is supposed to be the heir to an ancient and prestigious sith bloodline, so yeah... pureblood.

On a side note, though purebloods are available as a default race for inquiz, I really can't stand that configuration. Nox ascended from slavery, clawed their way out of the muck and claimed a seat on the council in record time. If he, or she, is a pureblood, it ***** on the immersion and flushes it down the toilet. I hate that.

I think you are looking at it from a very narrow way regarding the inquisitor. Just because you are a pureblood does not mean you are free from slavery. My personal head canon is that my pureblood was found with her dead parents and sold into slavery. (won't go into detail because i don't want to take a whole page)

--

On the subject. Like other's i just LOVE a type 3 pureblood male/female carving and manipulating their way up the chain. And because it simple makes most sense. Scourge was a pureblood and the 'helpers' of the emperor were pureblood too. In fact i suspect the emperor is pureblood himself... But that's a subject for another day. :D

Not sure if you still want opinions. But my Warrior, female, is a female, Body type one, since most of my characters I like to be, well me, I like Emerson though. I quite like Darth Sion's Padrons on a female pure blood, I think it fits well with their society. (Not that I have done any reading on their society. I'm just guessing, admittedly.)

That's actually exactly what it means because it is illegal to be a pureblood slave in the Empire, iirc.

Which is why you find ways around it no? It's not impossible that you weren't even empire 'owned' and that you were a slave to x person. And being found force sensitive by x means you were sold/sent to the academy. Sure you have to twist the lore a bit but most things can sound reasonable enough to work. Saying that you can't be a slave because of a law is simply not being creative.

I think you are looking at it from a very narrow way regarding the inquisitor. Just because you are a pureblood does not mean you are free from slavery. My personal head canon is that my pureblood was found with her dead parents and sold into slavery. (won't go into detail because i don't want to take a whole page)

--

On the subject. Like other's i just LOVE a type 3 pureblood male/female carving and manipulating their way up the chain. And because it simple makes most sense. Scourge was a pureblood and the 'helpers' of the emperor were pureblood too. In fact i suspect the emperor is pureblood himself... But that's a subject for another day. :D

No offense, but I personally can't make a body type other than body 2. Right set for chest/abs for men and right size of bust/butt for women. Body 1 gals/guys look either way too young, or in dire need of a sandwich. Body 3 males are fine, but body 3 females, no matter hair style/face/clothing/species ALWAYS look like men in hideous drag (to ME) and body 4 for men is too fat and way too much booty/breasts for the females.

BUT, I can see Sith Wars being body 3.

No offense, but I personally can't make a body type other than body 2. Right set for chest/abs for men and right size of bust/butt for women. Body 1 gals/guys look either way too young, or in dire need of a sandwich. Body 3 males are fine, but body 3 females, no matter hair style/face/clothing/species ALWAYS look like men in hideous drag (to ME) and body 4 for men is too fat and way too much booty/breasts for the females.

BUT, I can see Sith Wars being body 3.

I can totally understand why you like body 2. My 'main' inquisitor is a body 2 type to make him look adorable tiny... And being kinda malnourished from slavery... Um, yea. In fact i would say i take body type 2 for 90% of everything i create.

And it's mostly stereotyping regarding the body 3 warrior if you ask me. It fits really well for them since they use brute force a lot. And because it's just awesome to be a dark guardian who looms over his/her's allies with their massive size.

Edited by naamed

When I made my Jugg I absolutely had to go with a Sith pureblooded male. I also chose the tall, strong body shape to really create an imposing figure of the Dark side. He was very satisfying to play and I'd always feel as physically powerful as I felt that a Jugg should be.

I can totally understand why you like body 2. My 'main' inquisitor is a body 2 type to make him look adorable tiny... And being kinda malnourished from slavery... Um, yea. In fact i would say i take body type 2 for 90% of everything i create.

And it's mostly stereotyping regarding the body 3 warrior if you ask me. It fits really well for them since they use brute force a lot. And because it's just awesome to be a dark guardian who looms over his/her's allies with their massive size.

Personally I like to think that Wrath is more cunning than people gives them credit for, and that s/he knows to take advantage of the common misconception that he's an unthinking brute. xP

My warrior is type 2

Edited by Nefertuss

Personally I like to think that Wrath is more cunning than people gives them credit for, and that s/he knows to take advantage of the common misconception that he's an unthinking brute. xP

My warrior is type 2

Exactly! This quite literally what most people thinks the wrath is. Of course fools often realise far too late that the wrath is a very cunning person. And quite adept at ruining your day.

I also found my jugg seemed more cunning than people realized. I made mine body type 3, male, and they all looked awesome. My next jugg is a body type 2 pureblood.

Even early on in the story you get ambushed by a couple rival lords' apprentices. You have an option to get them to fight one another while you casually saunter off with the very thing they ambushed you for.

You get called a stupid brute and a thug repeatedly through the story, and the way I played my jugg it was fun to see how they underestimated not just my martial prowess, but my intelligence as well. It made outwitting an opponent even sweeter.

I also found my jugg seemed more cunning than people realized. I made mine body type 3, male, and they all looked awesome. My next jugg is a body type 2 pureblood.

Even early on in the story you get ambushed by a couple rival lords' apprentices. You have an option to get them to fight one another while you casually saunter off with the very thing they ambushed you for.

You get called a stupid brute and a thug repeatedly through the story, and the way I played my jugg it was fun to see how they underestimated not just my martial prowess, but my intelligence as well. It made outwitting an opponent even sweeter.

I remember that, that was fun. So was provoking the Ivory's thugs to fight over who gets to kill me, so I could fry them both while they weren't looking, (that smuggler's got a silver tongue, I tells ya.) Moments like that are very satisfying to me.

Edited by Nefertuss

Imo Cyborg BT3. Purebloods are for Marauders imo. They are hunting race after all...

Aye. My Marauder is a female pureblood who looks like she'd kill you, your next of kin and your dog if you tick her off. The Juggernaut is a male human cyborg who looks like he can tank an infantry platoon or two without breaking stride.