Incoming Left!

FearlessTeapot

Really? This still exists? I reactivated recently, I haven't played since release. Back then, there was a constant argument about calling it L/R, or E/W. Now, a lot of people call the nodes Snow or Grass in Civil War, though other maps still have the issue. It's kind've funny that this hasn't been sorted yet.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? This still exists? I reactivated recently, I haven't played since release. Back then, there was a constant argument about calling it L/R, or E/W. Now, a lot of people call the nodes Snow or Grass in Civil War, though other maps still have the issue. It's kind've funny that this hasn't been sorted yet.

I don't understand. What still exists? What is there to sort out?

L/R....E/W.....who cares, really? As long as their is communication you should consider yourself lucky.

Edited by Master_Nate

This has been debated to death here already. (I'm too lazy to find the threads right now but they're here in the pvp forums.)

CW - east/west or snow/grass is acceptable.

NC - is just east/west

Voidstar - left/right from facing out of your respawn vantage point. Some still use east/west but I feel this is the map where L/R works best.

AH - just 'pylon' or P for short.

This is only a problem if you lack situational awareness. People who still complain about calling left/right/east/west/up/down/grass/snow are players who think they are good but really are mediocre.

If you have situational awareness what they call isn't important because you should already know where the action will be.

This is how I call in warzones.

Civil War - Snow, Grass, Mid

Novare - East, West, South

Voidstar - Left or Right, which is based upon Left or Right When you are facing forwards out of you're spawn. Most people call this way too. I love it when an idiots says "I'don't know which way (insert left or right here) is"

Hypergates - 9/10 warzones we only have 1 node the whole time so I usually call, our node inc - #. Althought what I find funny about this one is there is an agreement between the reps and emps on my server atleast that you always go to the node left out of the spawn.

"Incoming other door"

Good luck finding out which is "other" door.

I'll take "other door" over no call. "Other door" tells me there is trouble and to check out my mini-map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wgJ4WBLu8c#t=40s

Again, any information, even if it's harder to decipher while playing, is better than none. Not sure if you are making a joke about the thread in general but regardless these days I'll take whatever I can get versus no communication at all.

"Other door" is still better than nothing imo.

Edited by Master_Nate

This is only a problem if you lack situational awareness. People who still complain about calling left/right/east/west/up/down/grass/snow are players who think they are good but really are mediocre.

If you have situational awareness what they call isn't important because you should already know where the action will be.

Exactly.

This is how I call in warzones.

Civil War - Snow, Grass, Mid

Novare - East, West, South

Voidstar - Left or Right, which is based upon Left or Right When you are facing forwards out of you're spawn. Most people call this way too. I love it when an idiots says "I'don't know which way (insert left or right here) is"

Hypergates - 9/10 warzones we only have 1 node the whole time so I usually call, our node inc - #. Althought what I find funny about this one is there is an agreement between the reps and emps on my server atleast that you always go to the node left out of the spawn.

I call just like you.

Funny is on our server it's excatly the same, everyone just takes the pylon on the left. It was like this since the release of hypergates

I have no idea where it came from :confused:

I call just like you.

Funny is on our server it's excatly the same, everyone just takes the pylon on the left. It was like this since the release of hypergates

I have no idea where it came from :confused:

Personally I think that hypergates thing comes from Civil War.

Personally I think that hypergates thing comes from Civil War.

And CW I never understood because the path back to middle from the left takes you past the enemy spawn area; whereas if you had taken the right node, you scrape back by where your own team is coming from.

This has been debated to death here already. (I'm too lazy to find the threads right now but they're here in the pvp forums.)

CW - east/west or snow/grass is acceptable.

NC - is just east/west

Voidstar - left/right from facing out of your respawn vantage point. Some still use east/west but I feel this is the map where L/R works best.

AH - just 'pylon' or P for short.

the trouble with that in VS is the doors are tagged east/west and east west is solid based on the map not situational based on which way you are facing (lets not get into those who cant tell left from right half the time). I'd like it if they coloured the VS floor by the doors- dont care what the colour is, yellow and purple like HB? something to remove any lingering ambiguity from it and stop it being an issue at all for anyone.

True but when you're defending, there is always a moment you think "wait, left when quit the respawn, or left door (left of the map and when attacking) , which to the right ?"

Each time someone calls L/R when defending, I look at he map/minimap to be sure I'm going to the door where there is a lack of defenders or where people are wiping, because there are people calling direction while refering to doors and map, and not from a standpoint, meaning for them they always call "left" the west door.

Edited by Altheran

People **** up left/right calls in voidstar all the time.

Why use a relative term when you can use an absolute one. I've heard people call left and then complained that no one showed up to help -- proceeding to explain that that meant left relative to the minimap, not the spawn area. And I've heard the opposite. Until someone can universally establish an agreed upon rule, I'll be nervous to use R/L and I'll be more cautious (i.e. slower) about responding to a R/L call.

Basically, E/W is, in my opinion, more precise and more universally understood. You can still **** it up, of course.

And CW I never understood because the path back to middle from the left takes you past the enemy spawn area; whereas if you had taken the right node, you scrape back by where your own team is coming from.

left is quicker, and when you go mid, you see enemies going your left so can hoop from mid to support.

I'll take "other door" over no call. "Other door" tells me there is trouble and to check out my mini-map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wgJ4WBLu8c#t=40s

Again, any information, even if it's harder to decipher while playing, is better than none. Not sure if you are making a joke about the thread in general but regardless these days I'll take whatever I can get versus no communication at all.

"Other door" is still better than nothing imo.

^^ this

the "other door" is usually reserved for those rabblerabble derp pugs where the whole mass moves together

and the "other door" is the one where everyone isnt

With respect to VS calls and L/R, you guys are probably right and E/W is more definitive. I guess I've noticed a lot of other's using the 'L/R from spawn' calls enough to assume that was 'universally' accepted as the call to use in this WZ.

I also never ever take into consideration the mini map for directions. I don't know if that's good or bad but I have seen people calling directions off the mini map which is usually backwards from the M map.

And when attacking and someone says 'all left, stealth right' that too is based off your own attacking respawn vantage. Again, this is just what I've noticed.

I also never ever take into consideration the mini map for directions. I don't know if that's good or bad but I have seen people calling directions off the mini map which is usually backwards from the M map.

The minimap is only a zoomed and more detailed version of the M map. It is never backwards.

Edited by Altheran