Rep or Imp for my main? (returning player)

JusticarHastral

Simple question I guess, returning player trying to get his feet wet after a long absence . What is the current negatives and positives for each side. I am looking more at community, raid and conquest scene and so forth. I am leaning towards Republic since my fav class is Trooper and second is the Bounty Hunter. In the end I plan on playing both but I don't have time to have 2 mains.

Simple answer: Pick one. 🙂

Not so simple: It may not really matter, depending upon your playstyle. If you intend to join a Guild, find one that has both Imperial and Republic branches (such as TEAM/Zire). That way, you are apt have good community on both sides (or neither if the guild sucks), because it's mostly the same people on both sides.

Purely subjective answer: Republic, especially if you don't join a guild. There seems to me to be more 'toxic' players or behaviors on the Imp side. Part of this is because Imp tends to attract the 'bad boys' or the bad boy wannabes.

But that is purely subjective. 🤔

Try Gunslinger, you might like it. 🙂

It really doesn't matter which faction you pick, because every class basically has a mirror on the opposite faction.

Aside from the roleplay aspect of being a "light side" republic hero or a "dark side" imperial villain, there is the very minor population difference on each server which can subtly influence aspects such as guilds and PVP.

Basically, pick whichever peaks your interest. There's little to no consequence to choosing either.

Depends on one thing your state of Mind and how you feel, Republic Characters have more Value than Imp, where Imp characters are In many cases Funny in responses and at times Vile and Distasteful. Personality has a Lot to do with how you play too. Better Ideas and Value makes a better player.