Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dr_mike
05.09.2017 , 04:57 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Dahlyia View Post
Is this related to the effect error I've been getting for over a week now when trying to give certain companion gifts to my companions? I've lost a few thousand credits on that so far and not sure why they don't work properly? Had it happen again Sunday night.
Doubt it. From the descriptions of the problems, the game server isn't talking to the database server where the game data is stored.

If by "certain companion gifts" you mean courting gifts, that's been a known issue for a very long time now. I don;t even recall it being acknowledged.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

TodaysNews
05.09.2017 , 04:58 PM | #52
Do we have an ETA yet?

Dahlyia
05.09.2017 , 05:01 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by dr_mike View Post
Doubt it. From the descriptions of the problems, the game server isn't talking to the database server where the game data is stored.

If by "certain companion gifts" you mean courting gifts, that's been a known issue for a very long time now. I don;t even recall it being acknowledged.
Nah they were various types as in Technology, Military, Weapon, etc. Courting gifts seem to be a waste since none of my companions have yet wanted anything to do with them, except for the droid ~LOL~ It started after last week's update and is just a tad annoying!

Jamtas
05.09.2017 , 05:08 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Server: 1
Player base: 0
2 years ago:

BWA employee: "We'll buy these servers on sale"
Store clerk: ""Well, they're on sale because they may not be reliable. But you should get a few years use out of it"
BWA employee: "Ok, I'll just buy one and we'll set it to the largest server"
Store clerk: "You sure?"
BWA employee: "Yep, it will be EXCITING"
Store clerk: "ok, thanks for your purchase Mr Irving"
the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Peace out.

cool-dude
05.09.2017 , 05:12 PM | #55
Anyone know if Harbinger is still the most populated server?
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

christian_bmx
05.09.2017 , 05:12 PM | #56
Everyday.
Every update
Every server maintenance comes with at least one bug. Plus the old bugs that they never fix.

Why Mr. Anderson, Why, WHY!?

AshlaBoga
05.09.2017 , 05:13 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamtas View Post
2 years ago:

Store clerk: ""Well, they're on sale because they may not be reliable. But you should get a few years use out of it"
I am pretty sure they didn't just buy them from a store.

I've seen pictures of mmorpg servers, you're looking at a floor, if not a small building.

Oh, and it's probably a 3rd party dataserver, even Blizzard doesn't use 100% of their own servers (it's just not always viable).
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Damador
05.09.2017 , 05:13 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamtas View Post
2 years ago:

More like.

BWA employee #1: We need some new servers but they say we can't spend money on anything other than cartel.
BWA employee #2: No problem, I got a friend who has servers in his garage but they aren't exactly reliable.
BWA employee #3: As long as they kind of work, who cares? maybe we can get overtime from all the maintenance we'll be doing.
The Lady Luck's fickle, but when she's smiling down on you, you're bound to win.

MWM_NoVaCaNe
05.09.2017 , 05:14 PM | #59
Right now Harbinger is the least populated server since it is down and all the rest are up.........

Shadkow
05.09.2017 , 05:17 PM | #60
Maybe they are bringing it down to make us all go to other servers so we repopulate them :P