Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Att BW - Harbinger - items vanishing from CXP boxes, GTN, Invents, Cartel martket.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
05.09.2017 , 08:34 PM | #161 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Harbinger is once again available!

As I stated in a prior post, it is likely that most of you are not affected by the issues we experienced. Here is the primary scenario where you could be missing an item: If you had an item disappear from your inventory, character sheet, etc. and you then placed an item over top of it. Ex: You equipped a weapon, it disappeared, and you then put another weapon in that slot. In that situation it is possible you are missing one, or both of those items.

We are going to be pulling data on what items are missing from what characters in an effort to get those items back to you. This will not happen tonight, but I will post a status update on this tomorrow. You will not need to submit a CS ticket to resolve the issue.

Thank you all for your patience as we worked through this tonight, now get in there and play!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

VenomRift
05.09.2017 , 08:34 PM | #162
thanks for the updates...
Venom Rift
Darth Venom
Mr. Rift

insectoast
05.09.2017 , 08:35 PM | #163
Getting pretty sick of this crap. I get no reimbursement for these random "1984" style complete control shutdowns or whatever that keeps me from playing. I just resubbed recently around the time that these annoying shutdowns frequently occurred on a weekly basis which took most of the day (same w/ last Tuesday and whatever other possible days I was fortunate not to be here for). First, they charged me 3 times as much for 1 month subscription that I immediately unsubbed from the same day i first subbed in order to be charged only for one month, then the spoiled lazy brats who worked on this game had the balls to charge me 3x as much like the scammers they are. Now, they're trying to dishonestly stretch out the expansions rather than give a full game that you only charge once and now these RIDICULOUS random shutdowns as soon as I decided to give them another chance and resub thinking that nothing could go wrong this time after more than a year unsubbed and buying a timecard rather than using credit card. What a bunch of spoiled lazy arrogant brats who work on this game. Knowing their attitudes and the direction they're going in based on all these actions listed (and more not yet listed from me), they're going to get worse and not change for the better. Proof: They keep doing stupid crap like this and not so much as an apology which still isn't enough. Then you have all these customers with tails between their legs who can't do anything but whine or attack me for pointing out the OBVIOUS truth against the people who work on this game. You need to reimburse people, not keep making mistakes and blaming the customer and being quick to punish customers for YOUR mistakes (even if customers take advantage of those mistakes which you can't even prove was intentional).

If you ("the world's best customer service of world's best game") want to make a start in the right direction, reimburse a day for this ridiculous shutdown and for the previous Tuesday for all subs and for all the bugs you refuse to fully fix that you could EASILY FIX FFS (easy as in willfully lazy and dumb in your easy jobs w/ the same dishonest mindset you had by stretching out the game trying to force people to sub every month rather than selling a fully developed expansion or made continuous credit card subscribers feel like they're getting their money's worth, or at least don't keep forcing people to sub for your short lame chapters that have been relatively awful since 4.0 or whenever).

RubyRiver
05.09.2017 , 08:35 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We are up and testing and things are looking good. *Fingers crossed* but we are looking good to come up pretty soon™.

-eric
Any details about the issue?
You may think you're saying something profound in your signature...
trust me, you're the ONLY one that thinks that.
irony --->

killacure
05.09.2017 , 08:35 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by insectoast View Post
Getting pretty sick of this crap. I get no reimbursement for these random "1984" style complete control shutdowns or whatever that keeps me from playing. I just resubbed recently around the time that these annoying shutdowns frequently occurred on a weekly basis which took most of the day (same w/ last Tuesday and whatever other possible days I was fortunate not to be here for). First, they charged me 3 times as much for 1 month subscription that I immediately unsubbed from the same day i first subbed in order to be charged only for one month, then the spoiled lazy brats who worked on this game had the balls to charge me 3x as much like the scammers they are. Now, they're trying to dishonestly stretch out the expansions rather than give a full game that you only charge once and now these RIDICULOUS random shutdowns as soon as I decided to give them another chance and resub thinking that nothing could go wrong this time after more than a year unsubbed and buying a timecard rather than using credit card. What a bunch of spoiled lazy arrogant brats who work on this game. Knowing their attitudes and the direction they're going in based on all these actions listed (and more not yet listed from me), they're going to get worse and not change for the better. Proof: They keep doing stupid crap like this and not so much as an apology which still isn't enough. Then you have all these customers with tails between their legs who can't do anything but whine or attack me for pointing out the OBVIOUS truth against the people who work on this game. You need to reimburse people, not keep making mistakes and blaming the customer and being quick to punish customers for YOUR mistakes (even if customers take advantage of those mistakes which you can't even prove was intentional).

If you ("the world's best customer service of world's best game") want to make a start in the right direction, reimburse a day for this ridiculous shutdown and for the previous Tuesday for all subs and for all the bugs you refuse to fully fix that you could EASILY FIX FFS (easy as in willfully lazy and dumb in your easy jobs w/ the same dishonest mindset you had by stretching out the game trying to force people to sub every month rather than selling a fully developed expansion or made continuous credit card subscribers feel like they're getting their money's worth, or at least don't keep forcing people to sub for your short lame chapters that have been relatively awful since 4.0 or whenever).
Didn't even read it all, but LOL, that timing too funny.

rhonjura
05.09.2017 , 08:36 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by killacure View Post
Blizzard hasnt revamped vanilla areas in that game for YEEEEAAARS, and they arent planning on it. Re-visiting those areas is cringe-worthy with the old development and issues in the environments. Kinda sad but they keep adding a lot, so no complaints from me. :P
That is actually not true at all, they did a major overhaul of vanilla areas when they released Cata and have touched up on older areas as well after that. Could they 100% revamp everything to meet the standards they have set with their current expansions... Sure they could but it would be far from cost effective and would end up delaying any major expansion 1-3 years. It's not sad its just how it is for a game that is over 10 years old. They have a done a beautiful jobs keeping their entire game updated as the years have passed and that still shows with their sub numbers.

RubyRiver
05.09.2017 , 08:36 PM | #167

Wall-of-text attributed to PMT
You may think you're saying something profound in your signature...
trust me, you're the ONLY one that thinks that.
irony --->

GalvadosBlood
05.09.2017 , 08:38 PM | #168
are we going to get a 24 hour extension on the double xp event? I resubbed for the first time in 2 years for this and have already dealt with harbinger being down twice. it's really disheartening.

Khryn
05.09.2017 , 08:38 PM | #169

I heard Bioware is hiring. Maybe if you could leave your katana and fedora behind and teleport down there and just fix that code right up? I'm sure that these guys and gals that work with that code daily would gladly step aside and let you point out the many "obvious" mistakes that they just can't bring themselves to fix.

lol.
Khryn, Rex'sun, Xhiryn, and variations of such.
Jung-Ma Refugee.
I'm a keyboard turnin' cowboy, baby.

christian_bmx
05.09.2017 , 08:39 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We are up and testing and things are looking good. *Fingers crossed* but we are looking good to come up pretty soon™.

-eric
Mehh.
I came from work and after a horrible day I wanted to play a little of swtor. I could not do it and now it's late in my country. I have to sleep to go to work tomorrow ... lucky for those who can play. Hope you will not miss any items.