bowdaar companion

SnowieAngel

As a Smuggler, I think you can skip the Eternal Championship part as long as Bowdaar is already influence level 10 or higher. If he's lower than 10, you may need to do some championship rounds, but you don't necessarily need to do all 10 rounds at once. If you find one of the bosses too hard, speak to the terminal at the entrance, then leave and start again from round 1. You'll soon get the influence you need.

As a Smuggler, I think you can skip the Eternal Championship part as long as Bowdaar is already influence level 10 or higher. If he's lower than 10, you may need to do some championship rounds, but you don't necessarily need to do all 10 rounds at once. If you find one of the bosses too hard, speak to the terminal at the entrance, then leave and start again from round 1. You'll soon get the influence you need.

Yes, this is right, on both parts:

* If Bowdaar is below rank 10 Influence, you need to do some championship rounds no matter which class you are.

* You get influence points with Bowdaar for each *round* you complete, so you can, for example, just repeat rounds 1-3, say, until you've accumulated enough Influence. Or you can even repeat just round 1.

An Outlander Token (insta60 or insta65) smuggler has all the class companions at Influence rank 1 with 0 total points, so such a character must crank a full 10000 points of Influence, just like all non-smugglers.

I believe the only characters with a "total" bypass are Troopers for M1-4X and Sith Warriors for Lt Pierce.

I made a Level 60 Smuggler - Scoundrel and wonder if I could bypass a mission to recruit Bowdaar. I have done it with my Jedi Shadow to get Qyzen and my Trooper to get M1-K4 droid. What should I do about it.

If you immediately exit out of KotFE Chapter 1 (after you've created the character, but before you've started playing the story) you will have all of your class companions available. You can then summon Bowdaar and give him companion gifts until you reach level 10 influence with him and you will be able to bypass the influence-gain portion of his recruitment mission. (You will still need to complete the final portion of his recruitment mission when the time comes.) If you've already progressed past a certain point in KotFE Chapter 1 it will be too late to use this method (I do not know precisely what point this is, which is why I say to exit out immediately after character creation, just to be on the safe side).

Remember you don't have to jump right into KOTFE when you have a level 60 boosted character. You will still have all your class story companions and your ship at that point. While you are locked out of some things (class stories, SoR prelude, SoR and Ziost), you still have access to the planetary missions, exploration missions, crew skill missions, Ilum, Oricon and Makeb. You can do some of those to bump up influence on the class story companions and gift them until they're all above level 10. With Bowdaar if you are at level 10 influence you should be able to bypass the Eternal Championships. Just go back and talk to him again. Edited by IoNonSoEVero