Snipers are beyond broken but it's Sins who should be the ones to nerf ? Really ?

happerycube

You spam AOE as Madness or Engi and you will end up doing nothing but basic attacks.

This is lol worthy. Seriously, why would you do either. That sentence invalidates your entire argument. If Sins spam their crappy AOE they will have have force problems also. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kawiki

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The set bonus is what made the class do absurd things. Just like the Death Knell set bonus is what's making Sin do the damage it does.

How did it get nerfed? If anything it got a slight buff, with explosive fuel having lower cd from alac, and the 4 piece change. Unless you mean the right price set, but iirc the bonus you were previously referring to was the firefall procs.

The problem is not the opener. Spike is strong but spike is not the part that does the damage. The problem is maul spam. I'd even be fine with 60k mauls, but not progressively. I am so *********** afraid of breaking in a game with 1 or more sins because I know it will haunt me later on. I can mitigate the opener. As Krea and others have mentioned, the opener should not kill kids.

Sorry, I may have been to casual with my nerf the “opener”, I know spikes not the problem, I know the maul spam is. My point is, you can mitigate the maul spam. I don’t even try to mitigate spike when not on a Sin and when I’m on a Sin, I see many other people doing the same.

Mauls damage by itself without the opener sequence that Kre’a shows is in the middle of damage abilities compared to other classes because you need to be behind the target to do the most damage (I know you know this). After the opener, it’s extremely difficult to put your self in that position enough against good players who know what you are trying to do. Which means maul spam after the opener is unlikely to cause problems.

I’m not entirely sure how you nerf the opening maul spam sequence that does all the damage without nerfing maul’s ability outside of the opener. Also, spamming maul outside of the opener is a great way to loose all your force resources. Which means using a more conventional rotation/priority and not trying to maul spam.

This is the catch-22 of this problem. You have a small window at the start of combat that can produce an amazing amount of damage “if” people stand there and do nothing like a training dummy. If they mitigate it, that damage is significantly reduce and unlikely to be reproduced again (if they remove the tactical swapping, which is what’s needed IMO).

I’m not overly concerned with that window having some sort of nerf because it’s really hard to do against good players who’ve worked out how to combat it. What I am against is actually nerfing mauls normal damage or making it feel clunky with an extra CD.

I don't have much problem with sins (dps can be taken down rather quickly/tank....more difficult), a good sniper/slinger is a challenge but not unbeatable. I cannot stand ops atm....probably because there are at least 5-6 in every match. Not sure what we are QQ ing about here.

Can I jump on the braindead NERF THIS train too?

I got a random Merc tactical drop that spread Heatseeker Missiles on Fusion Missile. I can now potentially do 200k damage to the enemy team in a SINGLE GCD. Nerf Merc damage!!!!!!!111one

Pls remind me if there are any other classes which haven't been on the NERF THIS list yet. I'll come up with something :D

Edited by Mycroft-Tarkin

Can I jump on the braindead NERF THIS train too?

I got a random Merc tactical drop that spread Heatseeker Missiles on Fusion Missile. I can now potentially do 200k damage to the enemy team in a SINGLE GCD. Nerf Merc damage!!!!!!!111one

Pls remind me if there are any other classes which haven't been on the NERF THIS list yet. I'll come up with something :D

that would only be 25k per person.

I don't have much problem with sins (dps can be taken down rather quickly/tank....more difficult), a good sniper/slinger is a challenge but not unbeatable. I cannot stand ops atm....probably because there are at least 5-6 in every match. Not sure what we are QQ ing about here.

Yes stacking up classes is a huge problem. It was said a lot in last season, with Mercs / Commandos stacking up on Darth Maglus. Off course if you have two Sins (and most are running in Deception) it is a problem, in ten seconds you or one of your team mates would be death.

I did some Arenas, and then it became annoying to have three sins, and two sins and an operative or the other way round. Seven out of ten games where like that.

Then you have the other problems having off healing classes stack, when it is two OH they can heal quite a bit. Off healing should be nerfed, or give them a DPS reduction to make up for it.

Each classes is beatable, the problem with Sins and Operative is that initial burst from stealth in Arenas, where once you are dead you are out, it becomes a broken feature.

I am sure making different classes not stack for BW is near to impossible, but making similar classes in form (DPS to DPS) not stack should not be that hard and game breaking as in waiting for a lot in que.

In a perfect World BW would not have these problems as in reality SR is more about practicing, and TR would be the fulcrum of it all, but unfortunately for Swtor it has turned out to be the other way round.

Edited by limenutpen

Yes stacking up classes is a huge problem. It was said a lot in last season, with Mercs / Commandos stacking up on Darth Maglus. Off course if you have two Sins (and most are running in Deception) it is a problem, in ten seconds you or one of your team mates would be death.

I did some Arenas, and then it became annoying to have three sins, and two sins and an operative or the other way round. Seven out of ten games where like that.

Then you have the other problems having off healing classes stack, when it is two OH they can heal quite a bit. Off healing should be nerfed, or give them a DPS reduction to make up for it.

Each classes is beatable, the problem with Sins and Operative is that initial burst from stealth in Arenas, where once you are dead you are out, it becomes a broken feature.

I am sure making different classes not stack for BW is near to impossible, but making similar classes in form (DPS to DPS) not stack should not be that hard and game breaking as in waiting for a lot in que.

Yes, class stacking is a big part of the problem. It's not strictly a balance issue, but really a matchmaking issue. A lot of us have been begging Bioware to tweak the matchmaking so that it takes classes into account. Hopefully they'll do it.

Yes, class stacking is a big part of the problem. It's not strictly a balance issue, but really a matchmaking issue. A lot of us have been begging Bioware to tweak the matchmaking so that it takes classes into account. Hopefully they'll do it.

Yeah, class stacking is a problem. Yesterday, I got into a ranked match with 4 Scoundrels in my team (3/4 of them were running Volatile Strike with the best exception of me running Ruffian). Instantly destroyed their Sage DPS in 3 GCDs. Retreat come back. Another down.

Yeah, class stacking is a problem. Yesterday, I got into a ranked match with 4 Scoundrels in my team (3/4 of them were running Volatile Strike with the best exception of me running Ruffian). Instantly destroyed their Sage DPS in 3 GCDs. Retreat come back. Another down.

Yeah. It used to be stacking mercs. Now it's stacking ops/sins. Whoever has the most stealth has a huge advantage. We can only hope Mike B is paying attention.

In context though. The opposing sorc was trash. Couldnt kite to save his life. And you had three of the best operatives in the game on your team.