The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Ah, yeah that's true. Just generally I have always been told to go with power and alacrity then surge and crit and doing so I've only had trouble healing when the tank can't keep aggro so I have to heal myself instead of him.

Yeah if you don't use the procs properly, then power and surge is the way to go. If you know how to use them well, you can actually heal a lot better with a bit more crit (like 27-28%).

For my dps I always go with power/surge as well.

But to be honest, you can stack almost anything and still be a good healer (except maybe for 55NiM ops), it all depends on your skill, your reaction time and how well you can manage energy. Dps would probably need to max out the right stats to beat the enrage on 55 HM ops.

Specific stats will absolutely help a DPS reach their max potential, or increase a tank's survivability, but as one of our guild tanks put it, healing gear is to taste. As long as yours heals do what you expect them too when you need it,my pure doing fine. :)

Personally I really like having some crit as it feels much more comfortable for me overall. Plus when a cunning/crit/surge piece drops during progression night the gunslingers never want it, so it's ripe for the pickings. :cool:

As a healer, I'll take your side 100% of the time. DPS shouldn't pull, nor should they instantly attack a spread out mob from a group the tank hasn't fully taunted yet. It's always irritating to see a DPS pull unexpectedly then blame me for dying.

Pretty much this. Marauders seem to be the worst offenders for jumping right into a fight, and ya, as a tank, I generally don't bother helping when they do that, and as a healer, same deal.

Even had one tank who insisted on doing all the little bonus crap on HM Foundry even though I asked him not to because I had to leave very shortly. Needless to say I didn't try too hard to keep him alive. I basically let him hover between 20-60%hp for the remainder of the flashpoint.

Not about GF, but similar: I've just finished daily mando's FP with my lvl 23 sorc when I saw in general dude was yelling "pls help with Cademimu, need 1 more". Stupid as I am, I've whispered him what's the problem and he answered "nothing, It's just more fun with 4". Ok, I've joined group in progress, never to much fun, right?

So there were lvl 32 merc with 7K HP, lvl 38 and one more, lvl 26 if I remember right. I've asked who's the healer cause I'm DPS sorc and merc said "I'm the healer and DPS and tank, I have to do all by myself or else we'd sitting and waiting half hour for attacks". Huh? Well in FP's everyone have their roles, as I recall that's not just btw but ok, lemme see this gaming art.

Aaaand of course smart one left group, we got another one who obviously wasn't hardcore player and he was just quiet, doing his job good and without words. But merc... I was laughing so hard I missed keyboard buttons several times watching him jumping around like crazy monkey, healing, DPSing, tanking... just name it. Not to mention his comments in chat.

Anf of course we got wiped out which was our fault cause he "was in Cademimu 25th time and never had problems till now".

Anyway, I've ended as a healer (with lightning tree hah) and somehow we managed to finish it.

Why I didn't left the group? Cause I was to curious how It'll end and I've had a really good time haha

Maybe I'm one of those 'weird' people, but I've just dropped 4 groups in a row (enduring the lockout each time) because no one said "hi", or even acknowledge each other before the pro I'm-too-good-for-you tank runs along and aggros everything in sight (I'm the healer atm).

Like, I'm not saying we need to introduce each other and invite them over for tea, but how *********** hard is it to say "hi". Takes less than a second.

More often than not (and infuriatingly this thing happens a lot to me), I'll ignore it and carry on, but it really irked me tonight. I just couldn't take it.

Meh.. just my pet peeve I guess.

Guess healers can afford to ***** about simple stupid ******** like this..If you are dps and the queue is more than 1 hour,you will not only accept the quiet ones,but you will worship the ground they walk on.

Had a fun one the other day. Healing on my fairly new and undergeared 55 sorc and get HM Czerka Labs. Have a solid tank and an op and a sniper for dps. Things seem to be dying pretty slowly and I notice op is staying outside of melee range. I think this is a bit strange, but don't say anything. Get to droid boss, enrages at about 30%, have a really beefy jugg tank, so healing it wasn't much of a problem, but trying to figure out what's up with our dps?

Continue on and get to Chief. Again, long slow fight and the last phase with the rocket launcher, I and the dps are getting 1 shot when we don't quite make it out of the rocket in time. While laying dead, I notice op has recuperative nanotech on him..... So I ask if op is specced heals? He tells me he is, but claim it's OK. I let him know he'll get better dps if he respecs into dps tree, to which he responds "I"m doing fine, my attacks are hitting for 2K". That was when he started getting defensive and told me I was a bad healer because people were dying from 30K hits (tank was the only one with 30K+ hp). I ask if he wants to heal and me respec dps, he says he's doing fine dps if I can just heal better. I finally convince him to just heal, I respec dps and boss goes down fairly easily. On the kill though, I got 1 shot by a rocket, so I guess he wasn't that much better of a healer than me afterall. :D

After waiting for around a hour in DPS group finder, FINALLY i get a match for Red Reaper. Not my favorite place but I know mechanics of the the place well. On the first room, if you get near the hallway door about 7-9 silvers will appear and wreck you to pieces.

So Im waiting on the loading screen and as soon as I get in, I see the Commando Healer ....no dps or tank with him, running to that hallway. Of course within 4 seconds he's down. He quits the FP right after he dies.. So now finally the tank and other DPS load in, to find those silvers barreling down at us. We promptly wipe. And after waiting 6 minute for a replacement ,we all leave.

I whispered him later asking him whats his deal was, he told me "I had to run so wanted to troll a bit".

What a frickin waste of an hour waiting in that awful GF for some Commando A-Hole to ruin it all.

Later i get matched with him again on Colicoid games but this time on my tank char, ( he's qued as dps this time)

I'm somewhat vindictive and ******es like these piss me off. So me not being a bigger person. Told the healer this story and asked him for his cooperation in messing with Commando A-Hole. So in collaboration

we let him die, Every. Chance. We. Got.

Commando A-Hole start's raging "why the hell aren't you healing/protecting me?"

I kindly reminded him of his previous actions in Red Reaper. "Screw You" he says and leaves.

petty yes but oh so satisfying. =)

Edited by shyninja

Had a fun one just now.

Again, on my healer. Get a pop for Cademimu HM. Me, a great tank, an okay-geared DPS and a pretty badly geared (21k hp) operative DPS.

Now, I have no real issues with bad gear (21k is really pushing it though for HM 55s), but me and the tank agreed to go on and hope some gear drops for him.

First of all, this operative stood at max range, casting nothing but frag grenade and snipe. After noticing this, I call him up on it. He says "I don't wanna pull aggro" (again, 21k geared, casting snipe as an operative. No way in hell he would ever pull aggro from anything, even if the tank told the mob to go for it). Further questioning reveals he "died over 16 times in last run".

Whatever. We carry on.

Few more packs in, me and the tank are really concerned at how slow normal mobs are taking to die. We're like 20 mins in and haven't gotten to a boss yet.

Then I notice a very occasional Kolto Probe from said operative. Upon again calling him out, he reveals he is in healer spec, but is "both healer and dps. I can do both" (emphasis again on the lack of any gear, so even if he was a fantastic player {which he was the antithesis of} he wouldn't have been efficient or good at either healing or damage dealing).

Me and the tank finally start to lose it. But we're still trying our best to be reasonable, and explain to him that while that may be okay while leveling, it certainly doesn't work in flashpoints, especially 55 HMs. After about a 10 minute discussion on roles and healing/dpsing, he claims he has respecced to DPS and urges us to carry on.

He finally starts backstabbing etc now at least.

We get to the first droid boss (eventually), and he proceeds to step into every single box/prison trap thing, and each time claims "****, lag, sorry". (yeah, right). After a heroic effort from the tank, other dps and me, we wipe.

We go again.

And again, he traps himself every time. We wipe, again.

He has the gall to say "if I was healing we'd be ok". Me and the tank just burst out laughing. I'm just sat there with my face in my hands, groaning. After more cheek from this pro heal-dps operative, the tank explains to him that this cannot go on, and we kick him.

We spent about 15-20 mins just talking to him, explaining everything in a clear, concise and helpful manner, but to absolutely no avail. He just couldn't, or wouldn't, understand. He took it too far, in complete denial. The funny thing was that he was so utterly convinced that he could perform better as a healer-dps, in heal/hybrid spec. His conviction was so secure he just wasn't getting it.

Anyways, he proceeds to insult us as he's getting kicked, and goes to ninja-pull the boss as he leaves.

We get a new dps in. While still not amazing, we skipped the bonus boss and finished the FP.

The tank and I exhale in relief, and go our separate ways.

Just got out of an interesting one.

So I'm on quesh on my commando, I've been leveling DPS for quests while going heals for FPs. I get a queue pop, I respec heals, get into colocoid. "No problem", I think, "people always panic when this pops but I've never had an issue with it. I got this in the bag."

I see the tank (guardian) is having some problem with his gun, so I help him out. No biggie. People seem to have problems with the colocoid gimmicks, I'm more than willing to go above and beyond to get through a group finder run.

We finish the gun part smoothly and onto the first pull. The tank jumps in and starts taking heavy damage. I heal my little heart out but am surprised to see aggro on me. I blow reactive shield and diversion but it doesn't do anything (In hindsight, I forgot to hit adrenaline rush but I doubt it would have done anything but delay the inevitable). I die and the group wipes.

I let the tank know that he needs to hit all the mobs to establish himself on their threat table so I don't immediately get them. He doesn't say anything, just jumps in again. This time I'm prepared and preemptively drop threat after hitting my supercharge and blowing my load to keep us up (and hopefully keep us both up better). Once again, tank doesn't even attempt to try and hold aggro, and I also notice that the rest of the group doesn't seem to understand how these mobs work (they go immune to damage and you have to switch targets). I end up grabbing threat YET AGAIN and wiping. At this point I'm beyond baffled as to what's going wrong. It's not like I don't know how to commando heal. I've been doing it without a hitch for nearly 40 levels. I'm obviously not the best commando ever, but I'm far from the worst. The tank is clearly having threat issues which is just as baffling to me as I have never seen a guardian with a threat problem this bad. I check his stance. Yep, he's in tank stance so I have no idea what's going on. I half expect him to throw a guard on me at this point (lol guarding heals) but nope. Nobody gets the guard, I suppose.

I inform the group of what they need to do for this pull, and in addition I get ready to CC since I don't particularly want to die from a stray mob again. IMMEDIATELY after I CC, the shadow dps (who is in the tank's guild) does his knockback and breaks it, sending it immediately running to me again. To make matters worse, the other dps has d/c'd (he was complaining of lag earlier). Now we have one rubbish dps and one rubbish tank and I'm trying to keep all of us up. I run myself out of ammo despite my best efforts and we wipe.

At this point, the tank leaves. I say "lol garbage tank" and the shadow dps tells me that I couldn't heal my way out of a paper bag. At this point I laugh because they're both part of an awful pub-side PvP guild, so I just drop group and go back to questing on quesh. Took my dragonslayer/from beyond titles and my ball and went home :)

Oh well. Can't carry 'em all.

Edited by Arenatah

After waiting for around a hour in DPS group finder, FINALLY i get a match for Red Reaper. Not my favorite place but I know mechanics of the the place well. On the first room, if you get near the hallway door about 7-9 silvers will appear and wreck you to pieces.

So Im waiting on the loading screen and as soon as I get in, I see the Commando Healer ....no dps or tank with him, running to that hallway. Of course within 4 seconds he's down. He quits the FP right after he dies.. So now finally the tank and other DPS load in, to find those silvers barreling down at us. We promptly wipe. And after waiting 6 minute for a replacement ,we all leave.

I whispered him later asking him whats his deal was, he told me "I had to run so wanted to troll a bit".

What a frickin waste of an hour waiting in that awful GF for some Commando A-Hole to ruin it all.

Later i get matched with him again on Colicoid games but this time on my tank char, ( he's qued as dps this time)

I'm somewhat vindictive and ******es like these piss me off. So me not being a bigger person. Told the healer this story and asked him for his cooperation in messing with Commando A-Hole. So in collaboration

we let him die, Every. Chance. We. Got.

Commando A-Hole start's raging "why the hell aren't you healing/protecting me?"

I kindly reminded him of his previous actions in Red Reaper. "Screw You" he says and leaves.

petty yes but oh so satisfying. =)

i normally like the 'be the better man' approach, but this revenge was well-deserved.

Had a fun one just now.

Again, on my healer. Get a pop for Cademimu HM. Me, a great tank, an okay-geared DPS and a pretty badly geared (21k hp) operative DPS..

You're more patient than me. I would have kicked immediately. I find it rude when people Q under-geared, and 21K is just absolutely ridiculous.

I had one about an hour ago. Not that special, but high-lighting two completely different kind of 'weird' people.

I was leveling on my lvl 20 Scoundrel healer when Athiss SM pops. After about a minute myself, the tank and one dps have confirmed to be ready and we were waiting for the second dps. At some point he refused the invitation and was replaced immediately by another dps.

Tank, dps from before and myself click ready again. New dps doesn't do anything at all until the 2 minutes are over and he gets replaced by the third candidate for the missing dps spot.

The group finally gets together. We are myself as a Scoundrel healer, a Vanguard tank, a Sentinel and a Scoundrel dps. Everybody says hi and the dps Scoundrel says that he has Archeology. Great, we go down and move up the stairs to the first mob. The tank doesn't want to step forward and pull. After a few seconds I decide to ask in chat, whether he would pull, simply expecting an unexperienced player (wouldn't have been a big deal to me, since I'm used to it).

Before I finish writing, one of the dps gets aggro for stepping ahead too far and off we go. The fight is no problem and we proceed to the second group. The tank just keeps standing where the last mob died. I wait back there and try to write something in chat again, when - again - one of the dps pulls aggro (by triggering the explosive fuel that is standing among the mobs). I go down and we clear it the tank still not moving at all. At this point I simply wanted to stop the dps, if only to give this tank a bit of exercise in tanking and wrote:

"Why isn't the tank pulling?"

One of the dps - probably the Scoundrel - answered:

"Because he's too far behind."

Before I could reply anything the tank and the Sentinel dps leave the group. (They weren't in the same guild or anything.)

The dps Scoundrel was about as surprised as myself. We listed ourself in the GF again, pulled out Corso resp. Bowdaar and carried on.

We cleared the Flashpoint without having any difficulties or replacement and had a good time, using 'follow' to move our companions and writing several funny remarks in chat. The scoundrel dps was pretty good, i.e. far better than the average GF group-member. Sadly there was only one cunning drop in the whole FP.

Edited by Mathemagica

Had a fun Athiss hm run lately ... 1st time I pug'd on a dps(mando) toon.

The tank was just weird ... charging into new mobs, while we still had previous mobs up during the whole run.

And each boss fight was ... 'interesting'.

Professor Ley'arsha:

The AoE he placed always on boss, the melee dps or while running towards the healer ... and he preferred to tank the boss always facing towards the rest of group.

The Beast of Vodal Kressh:

1st time I have seen anyone try to tank the beast in open space, or while kiting it towards the healer/ranged dps ... and yes it was a fun fight.

Bonus boss:

Again, why should a tank have a wall in his back if the mob has a knockback or frontal/cone attack?

During this fight each group member ran back into the fight ... I think 2 times at least, beside the healer who was kiting the boss as last man standing around the pillar.

Prophet of Vodal:

Again, AoE got placed everywhere, boss got kited outside the room - reset, healer didn't know/try to cleanse the DoT(luckily a mando can get rid of it), healer died 3 times to flames, me 2 times while trying to rezz him, again 2 to 3 deaths for each group member.

And the funny part, each said that they knew what they should do as they did run it often enough and they don't need any advice about tactics.

And tonight I went back to one of my tanks and got Hammer station hm.

A polite hello from everyone and after asking if anyone wanted the bonus done we agreed on doing it (healer wanted/needed bonus boss).

2 members had a conversation in group chat in an unknown language (at least to me), apparently Czech as their guild indicated it, and I found myself alone with mobs as they 'used' the shortcut while I pulled mobs. It seems they informed me in chat that I shouldn't pull, but follow them ... not complaining about foreign languages, but in a group run I would prefer to use English, or at least a language everyone understands.

On the first boss I died for the first time (and second time too) since I tank 55hms ... and that was a sad feeling, considering I am in full 72 gear by now. :(

Once we got to the bonus boss area we were still 11 kills short, but the healer kept asking why we don't kill the boss now ... I explain that we need more kills and then we can go back.

We kill second boss (smooth this time) and the last 2 kills missing are the human mob and lil droid before you get to the 2 turrets just in front of the lightning bridge.

And now things started to get strange ...

As we got the kill count I suggest that we should go now for the bonus boss and ppl agree ... I pop my rocket boosts and off I am towards bonus ... next thing - I am in combat as the healer pulled the 2 turrets and rest stayed with him ... I run back in my slow guardian pace and we kill the turrets.

Now I reconfirm that we go for bonus and all agree and the 2 dps and myself head off towards bonus boss ... and just before we reach the skip'd single turret we're in combat again.

Feeling responsible for any aggro issues while tanking, I run back towards the healer and see him in combat on the other side of the bridge ... :confused: ... I suggest that he just goes into stealth (scoundrel healer), but no reaction, beside a dying healer.

In the meantime the 2 dps aggro'd the turret we skip'd before ... so I head back towards them (with the droid from healer on follow) and we get rid of the aggro'd mobs finally.

Now we wait at the bonus boss for the healer to rejoin us (as his guild mate indicated he would do) ... and wait and wait ... and wait. So we head towards his direction to help him find the way, but he just runs off. Now his guild mate follows him and I thought to myself that he might gonna show him how to come back ... but no, because the next thing we see on our screen is the pop-up that someone entered the last boss' area.

Now the remaining dps and myself are heading there ... just to see the 2nd dps idle in a corner.

We kill the last 2 groups of trash and the healer suggests that we could kill bonus once we killed the last boss.

Last boss is an easy kill too, and the 2 dps and myself head towards the bonus boss ... just to see the healer (the only person who wanted to kill the bonus boss in the first place) leave the instance ...

Tl;dr: Never run a hm FP if it takes you roughly 10 mins to find a group as tank ...:p

Had a fairly funny one the other day.

Queued on my Assassin for 55 FP. We get Cademimu with me tanking. On first or second boss (don't remember what one) things go a little poorly and all but one DPS die. Me and the other DPS release and as we are running back the healer asks the survivor for a rez. His response? "I don't rez stupid".

I immediately hit Vote Kick and the healer seconded with "Thanks!". DPS lets out a ***? as he is booted and I tell him to read up on manners as he gets back in the queue as a DPS.

Don't forget waiting for the singularity stacks to expire (if I pull a trash mob as a dps, this is why).

Singularity is part of focus/smash spec. Pulling because your PvP-centred build relies on a short-lived resource is a double sin for PvE content. Read back through the thread and find all the posts from tanks annoyed at precisely this behaviour. You sir, are one of the reasons I will drop queue and requeue after adding any dps jugg or guardian to ignore while playing a tank or healer.

Singularity is part of focus/smash spec. Pulling because your PvP-centred build relies on a short-lived resource is a double sin for PvE content. Read back through the thread and find all the posts from tanks annoyed at precisely this behaviour. You sir, are one of the reasons I will drop queue and requeue after adding any dps jugg or guardian to ignore while playing a tank or healer.

Haha yeah. If the healer is good to go, I'm pulling. If the healer isn't. /pirate hat Sit on your hands and shut yer traps ya mouthy Kurrs. :D

As much as I'd like to use "slag", I'm pretty sure someone would take offense.

And how about the tanks who runs from a pack to another when you still have 85% of your Force to refill as the healer? :mad:

Long time lurker, first time poster. This is my first MMO after playing a few single player RPGs. I originally intended to play SWTOR as a single player RPG (KOTOR 3!) and I reached level 55 without doing any Flashpoints as I joined when the APAC Dalborra server was becoming a ghost town. Once I transferred over to Harbinger and reached Level 55 I slowly learned to do FPs by starting with Level 50 SM, working my way up to Level 50 HM and I am now on Level 55 HM.

I have been PUG-ing it all this while and the experience has been easily 99% positive. I have got a lot of help and advice from more experienced players and I appreciate them putting up with me as a newbie.

I may have over-reacted like a precious princess on Hammer Station today though. We started the FP, and I see that there is a bit of un-coordination in the group and the tank seems a bit spiky in terms of damage. But so far so good, I'm the healer and no one has died. Then we make it to the 2nd or 3rd thrash mob and the tank jumps in to a mob at 65% health ... I couldn't heal enough and the group wipes.

I then tell the tank that he shouldn't jump in at 65% health and he replies

"fuk up" (verbatim).

I must have been too tired as I had run a half marathon earlier in the day and I took it as a direct verbal insult to me so I told him "if that's the way you want to put it, I'm out. Cya later". That was the first time I had ever quit a Flashpoint.

Looking back, I was being too precious ... oh well. Apologies to that group. I ended up with another group for Mando Raiders. It was fun and everyone was supportive ("ask if you have questions"). No wipes.

Edited by gearmasher

Couldn't agree more. My tank's ignore list is chocka-block full of juggernauts and marauders for doing this. I can't stand it. Will immediately /ignore, and depending on how much I liked others in group, would initiate vote kick or drop group.

And I have a fully geared annihilation marauder (ie, berserk +damage, ravage +damage) I know how infuriating it is when the tank seems to literally wait until my 30 stacks go before he pulls, but the tank is the tank, we go at his pace.

Carried, some dps sage with 21k hp and level 34 implants at czerka core meltdown, and had that entitled attitude to him.

Was going for insta-kick, other dps went gave him a chance, and should enrage come around, boot.

Somehow, we one-shot the whole flashpoint without enrage, and our undergeared friend even managed to pull aggro to himself after guardian tank (geared) jumped in.

Nuff said, sort out guardian's aggro issue lol