Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lady_Thorne
08.15.2018 , 04:34 PM | #6151
Quote: Originally Posted by RatchetGuyClanks View Post
@Lady_Thorne I wouldn't want to get in Maioni's way, lol.
One of the most personally terrifying experiences of my own life involved a 7 year old with behavior disorders, wielding one of those old fashioned, solid wood school chairs. I sometimes wonder how that kid turned out...

And we used to have a cat that we literally couldn't handle. My husband, fully armored with a leather jacket and gloves wasn't able to hold her. (We didn't know when we named the 4 year old "indoor feral" cat that she would group into her new name of Janga Pett.) In some ways, Mai is something of a cross between those two, at least with how feisty she can be.

I didn't quote your story, but I love how you used the rocket tram to good effect. And good for Risha - glad she found someone! (I can't run a Smuggler who follows through with a romance with her. I've tried, and it just doesn't gel.)

frauzet
08.17.2018 , 10:36 AM | #6152
@Lady_Thorne: I like how Var Suthra doesn‘t talk to Maioni like she is a child, which probably wouldn‘t have worked out half as well.

@RatchetGuyClanks : Welcome back!
Romantic settings and no interruptions are for the weak. True love can‘t be stopped by holograms!
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order

frauzet
08.17.2018 , 10:37 AM | #6153
This week’s SFWC prompt:

Week of August 17, 2018

Lovers Back to Friends: Then again, love doesn’t always work out. It’s easy to take the hostile view of a breakup. Where both characters end up disliking or avoiding each other. This time try something harder: they remain friends despite their previous intimacy. It needn’t happen right away. Few people are so mature. This time, imagine it does or has to and how your character handles it anywhere along the timeline. Explore what it means to retain real friendship, not merely stating “we’re friends.”

This week’s prompt not for you? Look for something more to your taste in the Prompt Archive. Consider all the prompts active and waiting to inspire you.

This week’s featured previous prompts are:

Starting Over - Rarely, your character may get the chance to start over. To try again. Do it right this time, or at least differently. What would your character do with such an opportunity? Would they take it or are they content with their current situation? What might they pay, give up, to start over? Or have they already done so? Did it work as well as they hoped? In most cultures the new year is a time to get a fresh start. What about your character?

Scary Stories–As long as there have been campfires, there have been spooky stories. The kind that send a chill up your spine, make you look over your shoulder, or sleep with the light on for a bit. This week’s challenge is to tell a scary story, either one featuring your character or an in-universe story they know and relate to others. Get creative and have fun!
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order

Lady_Thorne
08.17.2018 , 12:58 PM | #6154
A little late on last week's main prompt. I wasn't sure how to go about this one, and never defined details. These prompts are great at getting me to think outside my boxes. (For the record, one of my main job requirements is thinking outside the box, so I'm pretty good at it. As Jorgan would say, "It's not just what I do, it's who I am." So realizing I do have boxes is a very good thing for me!)

Prompt: Friends to Lovers
Setting: BT-7 Thunderclap, which is a much smaller ship than you might think, especially when EVERYBODY has to be Right There (except Yuun, who is quietly staying out of everyone's way, because he's a great guy, like that...)
Characters: Havoc Squad (minus Yuun, who saw the signs and chose the wisest path of invisibility...)
Title: "Huh. Really? Interesting...."

Spoiler

Lord_Thorne
08.17.2018 , 07:47 PM | #6155
@Lady_Thorne: There's an official form for everything. Trust Dorne to find it and use it. Especially as a social shield.

Prompt: Scary Stories
Spoiler
Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.

"I'm a lump with a bad attitude! Honor! Misplaced loyalty! Grr!"

drug_cartel
08.19.2018 , 03:16 PM | #6156
Prompt: Scary Stories

Pansey, the Mirialan Sith Warrior of Satele Shan server

Spoiler