A Free-To-Play Player's Guide to the Cartel Market

GalnarDegana

I wanted to share with everyone my article on what to buy with Cartel Coins.

A Free-To-Play Player's Guide to the Cartel Market

Essentially, I break down the purchases you might make as a f2p player. I take a detailed look at the items available, from the initial purchase of 450 Cartel Coins to the larger purchases trying to capture one aspect of SWTOR. Whether you want to raid, craft, or PvP, I have added up what you might want to purchase and given real dollar amounts for what you will be buying.

Any and all constructive criticism and questions are welcome!

• 10 months later...
First thing to change is remove the suggestion that after you spend $5 in the store and get your account to preferred status, one of the first things to spend cartel coins on is additional quickslot bars, so you have four total. This is unnecessary. One of the perks for preferred status is access to four quickslot bars. Edited by Adric_the_Red

My only point is that you forgot to mention that most of the unlocks you find in the CM can be bought for in game credits off of the GTN. Before subbing, I had everything unlocked through purchases off of the GTN except for Section X, Rocket Boosts II and III, the different character species, and the ship Legacy perks. Edited by Bstr