Kicking Teammates

Hey folks,

Hope all is well. Can anything be done to prevent unwarranted "team kicks". Yes, sometimes, the feature is needed, but I often think it's abused. This happened to me today...

I was taking part in Hammer Station as an Assassin (flagged as damage) and the team's Operative/Healer was "running and gunning" the map, literally. Our team tank and the other teammate were straggling behind. So, I was left trying to manage aggro off of our team's Operative/Healer.

When we got to the Champion Bot, the Operative/Healer started to fire away well ahead of rest of team. I was the second to come, so I decided to use "taunt". At that time, I realized that I had that power (which I had just gotten before the Flash Point). The Operative/Healer just went nuts on me. Asked: "Why did you use taunt???" When he/she asked this, I was not sure if I was being spoken to or the "other" Assassin was being spoken to...

I replied: "Are you talking to me?" The Operative/Healer went on a tirade because: "It was not my job...Why did I que as damage and not as Tank (because you have less HP than the "Tank")...How he/she was bothered to heal me (because i'm not the tank) and so on." Thus, I was booted from the team.

During the entire FP I did NOTHING to warrant any bad feelings. I even said: "Greetings all" in the beginning...

So, is there anything that can be done to stop team-kicks like this?

If a healer decides to start pulls ahead of the team and relies on the tank to save it, just let it die. They need to learn, if the healer is trying to dps they will not do much in the way of healing.

Best advice I can give you is to join with another friend, so that you have some backup against pointless kicks. I have never been kicked but have had some attempts for stupid reasons. Now I just roll with at least one friend, usually trying to fill out the healer and tank rolls ourselves.

Yea unfortunately this happens. I was in a group last week where the group voted to kick our tank of all people, just because he had a long loading time at the start of the flash point. Some people are just impatient and/or stupid and the only thing you can do is ignore them to filter out the bad.

Since you have an assassin, just roll as a tank in GF fps and dps in pvp (or with friends in GF) to keep your dps skills up (as well as have some fun stealth capping). This way you can kick any morons you meet in GF and you yourself will usually be safe from being kicked (unless you are a sh*tty tank or you yourself act like a moron). Keeping 2 sets of gear is not tough and sin tanking is a lot of fun from what I hear. Edited by sithBracer

If a healer decides to start pulls ahead of the team and relies on the tank to save it, just let it die. They need to learn, if the healer is trying to dps they will not do much in the way of healing.

This goes for anyone on the team doing something counter to group cooperation.

I was once in a FP where a DPS would rush in before the tank. The tank and I (the healer) saved him a few times. We warned him several times, yelled at him several more, and then we simply stopped saving him. Funniest part was he never learned: he would die, release, run back, and just jump in again. Eventually he just quit :).

I was once in a FP where a DPS would rush in before the tank. The tank and I (the healer) saved him a few times. We warned him several times, yelled at him several more, and then we simply stopped saving him. Funniest part was he never learned: he would die, release, run back, and just jump in again. Eventually he just quit :).

Yeah, when a dumb dps wants to "tank" it's fun just letting him tank while you guys take out the small ones, let him get killed by the golds and silvers and then finish them off. When it's a healer doing it, your team is in serious trouble.

Since you have an assassin, just roll as a tank in GF fps and dps in pvp (or with friends in GF) to keep your dps skills up (as well as have some fun stealth capping). This way you can kick any morons you meet in GF and you yourself will usually be safe from being kicked (unless you are a sh*tty tank or you yourself act like a moron). Keeping 2 sets of gear is not tough and sin tanking is a lot of fun from what I hear.

This is good advice. I have a second set of tank gear for my assassin, but I don't use it as often as I should. Tanking is not as fun IMO. But it leads to far shorter queue times.

Hey folks,

Hope all is well. Can anything be done to prevent unwarranted "team kicks". Yes, sometimes, the feature is needed, but I often think it's abused. This happened to me today...

I was taking part in Hammer Station as an Assassin (flagged as damage) and the team's Operative/Healer was "running and gunning" the map, literally. Our team tank and the other teammate were straggling behind. So, I was left trying to manage aggro off of our team's Operative/Healer.

When we got to the Champion Bot, the Operative/Healer started to fire away well ahead of rest of team. I was the second to come, so I decided to use "taunt". At that time, I realized that I had that power (which I had just gotten before the Flash Point). The Operative/Healer just went nuts on me. Asked: "Why did you use taunt???" When he/she asked this, I was not sure if I was being spoken to or the "other" Assassin was being spoken to...

I replied: "Are you talking to me?" The Operative/Healer went on a tirade because: "It was not my job...Why did I que as damage and not as Tank (because you have less HP than the "Tank")...How he/she was bothered to heal me (because i'm not the tank) and so on." Thus, I was booted from the team.

During the entire FP I did NOTHING to warrant any bad feelings. I even said: "Greetings all" in the beginning...

So, is there anything that can be done to stop team-kicks like this?

well you see you got this little tiny word called "obedience." Let them die next time, "they" will either say you suck at healing, or "you" will try to save "them" and they ask you why. I get this all the time when I FP; alot of players just run and gun the entire flash point and space bar the entire story(Game) and then kick "you" from the flash point you waited so long in que for. The problem they say can be solved by adding friends and joining a guild. But if you dont have friends prior to swtor your going to be on your own struggling for power in a power system/structure designed for "trolls" and cyberwarefareagents to literally Ignore you bribe people to ignore you or just place you in your own server with NPCS and a few guys that ignore you. causing the 100 some "players" on the fleet to ignore you because this "well-known" PvPer or guild name treats you like a ragdoll. <<<insert all your quote unquote moments.>>>>>

I DPS and I tank, and I just begun Healing with a few of the classes the Force users and the Regular lifeforms. I also been playing since day one, I quit my job at JC penny on the other side of town downloading the client so im a fan of star wars if you can tell. 6am rather quest

Job was a prison cell anyways.

day one, its literally just been a race to 50-55, and the next character and then bragging rights of space bars and the majority vote from the gear you got (or gear your not gonna need or greed on) to the name of youre avatar and the race of it. Literally the game has a few players that actually are open for interpretation and playing the game (which doesn't even involve role playing but team work)

What I would say you should do about this problem is report them for spam, and wait for the next que.

Yeah, when a dumb dps wants to "tank" it's fun just letting him tank while you guys take out the small ones, let him get killed by the golds and silvers and then finish them off. When it's a healer doing it, your team is in serious trouble.

yeah but if you got good players using the interrupt moves, and the entire team is swapping taunts like a parade of team mates and not allowing death to happen...It shouldn't even have to think about taunting because the healer is God Himself

Yea unfortunately this happens. I was in a group last week where the group voted to kick our tank of all people, just because he had a long loading time at the start of the flash point. Some people are just impatient and/or stupid and the only thing you can do is ignore them to filter out the bad.

that's ignorant to kick someone after waiting (x amount of time) I would have left the group all together because "they" are super bloodthirsty for the first hitpoints.

I mean did they tell you Hi? emote ? or even try to make an attempt at communicating? or did the guy that voted him out just tell "you" and the other dude in the group to kick him he doesn't have time for it?".......

I let a group wipe one time when I was tanking because a dps consistently pulled everything before me. He was good and usually cooperative, we were clearing it in record time, it just frustrated me and made it significantly more difficult to get aggro. He pulled the final boss in one of the new hm fps right when we got in the room so I just stood there and watched everyone die. After just told them "I wasn't ready yet". The guy was actually pretty apologetic after and took the blame for the wipe.

Under normal circumstances if a player enters a flashpoint signed up as a dps and then without even asking from the rest of the group if it is ok, starts to act as if he was the tank (such as taunts the boss) even though the group still has an actual tank too, then that is perfectly valid reason to kick him out of the group.

If you want to tank then queue as a tank.

If you want to queue as a dps then do dps and don't use your tanking abilities designed to take aggro.

If you join as a dps and then try tank, why would it be wrong to kick you?

Granted in your story the others perhaps did all kinds of things wrong too and on a different group they might have deserved a kick too, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

You did the right thing OP. As a DPS it's your secondary job to peel off the healer if the tank is missing it, or it's a silver or under mob while the tank has multiple golds or a champion. In this case there were multiple things going on wrong.

1. Your tank may have been going too slow

2. Your healer ran in front of the tank

3. Your healer initiated a fight (grounds for a vote kick if it happens regularly)

Now, maybe your tank was going at a normal rate, and the healer was just going too fast, your tank should have tried to keep up, but the tank should be the one who is setting the pace, don't run ahead (as a general rule of thumb, stealth can to sap and such). To taunt off the healer is the right thing to do, if your healer is being pressured it, in most cases (he could have been quite over geared and have handled it), makes it much harder for them to keep everyone alive. Allowing the healer to free cast is ideal, and keeping them doing this is everyone's job in this game.

In the end there are a lot of mean spirited players out there. There's also a lot of dumb players and a lot of uninformed players who don't know things yet, you'll come across all these kinds as you use the GF more and more. Some you can help (uninformed), some you can try to help (dumb, with varying degrees of success, just never be mean to people), and others are just made for the ignore list. This time it sounds like you got a mean spirited one. Brush them off and add them to your /ignore list if you feel it's worth having 1 less healer option out there.

When we got to the Champion Bot, the Operative/Healer started to fire away well ahead of rest of team. I was the second to come, so I decided to use "taunt".

I have a few thoughts/reactions here different from what everyone else said:

1. You got booted from the FP--which means more than one person voted to kick you. If the Healer was being the crazy person and the Tank and other DPS were lagging behind, then what happened in there that another person would've wanted you out?

2. I disagree that, at that point or under those circumstances, it was your 'job' as the DPS to keep aggro off the healer. If the tank and DPS were lagging behind, I'd argue your 'job' is to stick with the Tank between pulls. If the Healer runs ahead and grabs aggro, then it's on them, and like other commenters said--let them die. (This doesn't go for when the group has gone into a pull together. /Then/ it's your job to help defend the Healer).

I'm also not sure if using Taunt in that situation was warranted, but since I wasn't there, I can't really decide on it.

All in all, it sounds like you got a Healer who doesn't know what they're doing and you might have gotten the raw end of the deal. OTOH, at least two people vote kicked you.

I'd definitely /ignore the Healer and hope for better PUGs next time.

So I come back to swtor after a break and I'm in a FP and I'm kicked from the FP for not space baring through the cut seens. I like watching the cut seens and I feel since it is part of the game I'm justified in watching them and if some a** holes out there don't like them then you shouldn't be playing swtor and should go play wow or some bull s*** like that because they don't have awesome cut seens like swtor.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I just say, as a healer, I would fully expect to get kicked if I ever acted like that?

I mean seriously, no one ever had to explain to me that running into mobs ahead of the tank was NOT something the healer was supposed to do. There was a point when I was such a newb that I didn't know what a tank was, and I still understood that a healer was not someone who should ever go Leeroy Jenkins and jump into the fight head first.

How do people even decide to play like that? I mean you're the HEALER, you're supposed to be HEALING! It's right there in the job description.

So I come back to swtor after a break and I'm in a FP and I'm kicked from the FP for not space baring through the cut seens. I like watching the cut seens and I feel since it is part of the game I'm justified in watching them and if some a** holes out there don't like them then you shouldn't be playing swtor and should go play wow or some bull s*** like that because they don't have awesome cut seens like swtor.

Depending on what mode it was I can understand these people, of you enjoy story and RP you should go do story modes or play on a RP server and these kind of issues won't occur. Story mode is as the name says, for the story while hard modes is for the harder encounters (or daily :p). However if it was story mode you did I agree with you, that is bad manner, at least they can give you a warning before they kick you.