Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"something better than cross server" SOLUTION

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"something better than cross server" SOLUTION

TUXs
10.29.2014 , 01:57 PM | #41
What if...

They decrease the number of players to 2v2? That's where I believe this is actually going...just smaller and smaller PvP as they let it fester without any work.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Joesixxpack
10.29.2014 , 02:04 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
What if...

They decrease the number of players to 2v2? That's where I believe this is actually going...just smaller and smaller PvP as they let it fester without any work.
I wouldn't be surprised.

Nor would I if the next big patch after promised cross-server (again), and instead pops took us to a single-player pong match.

teclado
10.29.2014 , 06:13 PM | #43
I don't see why they wouldn't tell us what it's going to be, unless:
1. They are not 100% certain that they will be able to pull it off, don't want to disappoint (again, again, again...), even though it will still be a disappointment if/when they tell us that they were unable to pull off whatever it is.
2. This:
Quote: Originally Posted by howieloader View Post
Guys, there is no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow... "Something better than cross server" is just a line to keep people subbed for X amount of more time while we sit here and go "Wow, better than cross server... I wonder what that could be..." and it gets discussed over and over and nothing will ever come of it...
I'm not feeling too good about this.

TrigPt
10.29.2014 , 06:45 PM | #44
What we know:

No cross server
No mixing factions
Will work for PVP and PVE

My guess
Youll' be able to queue for both FPs and Warzones at the same time and stay in queue if one pops. When whatever pops finishes you'll still be in queue for the other and if you missed a pop for the other you'll be at the top of the queue.

Eg. You queue for both, get a warzone pop, during warzone you would have got a flashpoint pop but you were in a warzone so don't get to take it , however when the warzone finishes you're now at the top of the flashpoint queue.

If you're a dps you'll maybe get 2 or 3 warzones in before you get a flashpoint.

This would be a nice QoL thing but it's not better than X- server.

Capt_Beers
10.29.2014 , 11:42 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by TrigPt View Post
What we know:

No cross server
No mixing factions
Will work for PVP and PVE

My guess
Youll' be able to queue for both FPs and Warzones at the same time and stay in queue if one pops. When whatever pops finishes you'll still be in queue for the other and if you missed a pop for the other you'll be at the top of the queue.

Eg. You queue for both, get a warzone pop, during warzone you would have got a flashpoint pop but you were in a warzone so don't get to take it , however when the warzone finishes you're now at the top of the flashpoint queue.

If you're a dps you'll maybe get 2 or 3 warzones in before you get a flashpoint.

This would be a nice QoL thing but it's not better than X- server.
That reminds me another possibility might be the ability to queue for regs and ranked at the same time.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics