Iokath the Impossible

wikidbonez

Story time: There is a planet called "Iokath" in the wonderful world that is SWTOR. It is critical in order to complete the story of SWTOR. But while this world is breathtaking to behold, there is a serious problem. The godlike beings who made this world and the galaxy as a whole chose to have it so that in order to progress, you'd have to form a team of up to 8 players in what is called an "ops group." This is a problem because there are hardly any other players in Iokath at any given time who want to play the Iokath operations. To make matters worse: the (as I know it) dwindling player-base of SWTOR means that chances to play the Iokath operations are growing smaller and smaller. So it came upon a lone Sith-Marauder turned commander of the Eternal Alliance to travel to the point of the galaxy where the force was strongest, so as to call upon those godlike beings who forged the galaxy and ask for a change. He asked those beings if it were possible to make it so he could play the Iokath operations solo or with a group of his closest friends as opposed to having to form an ops team, which could take longer than he had time for. This Sith wants to play the game in order of timeline events and not have to chance it with a story line skip. And so he waited for an answer, sometimes only able to catch a whisper from the godlike beings. Legends say he is still on that force attuned planet to this day, waiting. He and many others want to play the story in order, but cannot rely on the player base to help them. This Sith lord is me, and I ask if it would be possible to make the Iokath operation a mission that I can play solo, so I can keep playing the story and not have to wait for a squadron of other players who will never come. If the issue is keeping the number of combatants up, I'd suggest doing what you've done in the fight against Revan in his story line or what we did on Iokath during the Fallen Empire story line; using multiple companions and NPCs as combatants in the fight. Please answer the cry of this lowly Sith and provide me an answer when you have one.

TBF it is marked as a purple quest, but you're correct in that it's actually optional and isn't required.

If anything, it should just not be Purple, though I guess it counts as the "planetary story" which are also purple and optional everywhere else.

Edited by CanadAvenger

TBF it is marked as a purple quest, but you're correct in that it's actually optional and isn't required.

If anything, it should just not be Purple, though I guess it counts as the "planetary story" which are also optional everywhere else.

It's actually a purple quest? Well now that's silly and misleading. You're right it shouldn't be one.

It's actually a purple quest? Well now that's silly and misleading. You're right it shouldn't be one.

It is purple but, interesting thing, I'm logged in on my main and have had this mission sitting in my mission log gather moss, mold, mildew, and probably a parasite infestation because I don't run OPs anymore and I couldn't abandon it... except now the abandon button is lit. I haven't tried clicking it yet. I'll probably log over to some other character that I don't care if abandoning it screws something up. But the abandon button can now be clicked.

I would like this too. It is mechanically separate from the main story, but it still has story and content that I'd like to see. I also don't do ops anymore and so I wouldn't join another guild just to see this. Group finder seemed pretty inactive last I tried it, but wanting to figure out mechanics myself rather than read up on them, I'd prefer solo/small mode either way ^^.

I recently (pre-5.10) played through the whole Knights of the Feet line and onward, and did not get the ops mission automatically. If I remember correctly from earlier playthroughs, you get directed to speak to the Scions and that leads up to the op. Did not happen this time. So it seems they've fixed it.