The most important unanswered question. (IMO)

Slicksteezin

When 2.0 hit, we were introduced a new level cap which redesigned the entire tier gear system. The (what was) BiS gear (dread guard) became nearly the lowest tier. Although it was frustrating spending millions on mods and progression raiding, I had no problem with it.

But my question is, should we expect to see this sort of tier gear renovation again? What i am "hoping" for is that with new tier gear coming in 2.4, it is an add-on to the current tier progression (similar to dread guard gear after campaign) rather than an entirely new gearing system. That way the hours and credits spent farming BiS gear does not all go to waste.

I think with respects to the community, there should be some word on this from the Devs. Can we expect this sort of thing every expansion, like every time there is a level cap increase? If not, I'm sure many of us would like to know about it so we could be saving credits instead of spending on modding our gear that will soon become semi-worthless.

Edited by Slicksteezin

When 2.0 hit, we were introduced a new level cap which redesigned the entire tier gear system. The (what was) BiS gear (dread guard) became nearly the lowest tier. Although it was frustrating spending millions on mods and progression raiding, I had no problem with it.

But my question is, should we expect to see this sort of tier gear renovation again? What i am "hoping" for is that with new tier gear coming in 2.4, it is an add-on to the current tier progression (similar to dread guard gear after campaign) rather than an entirely new gearing system. That way the hours and credits spent farming BiS gear does not all go to waste.

I think with respects to the community, there should be some word on this from the Devs. Can we expect this sort of thing every expansion, like every time there is a level cap increase? If not, I'm sure many of us would like to know about it so we could be saving credits instead of spending on modding our gear that will soon become semi-worthless.

I don't understand how that is even in question.

Of course the gear you have now will get outdated once a few tiers of gear have been added or a new expansion which raises the level cap hits. And obviously the gear you work hard to get now will be useless a few months/a year down the road. When the game launched Rakata gear was the top gear, less than 1 year later it was somewhat outdated and 2 years later it's completely useless (and has been removed from the game).

So, again, I don't understand why you think we need any clarification. If better gear gets added all the time and our current 55 gear is not BiS/useless in 5-6 months, do you really need an answer to what will happen when they raise the level cap?

Edited by TheNahash

MMO rule #1 It is never about the gear

Your current gear will be outdated sooner or later. Spending millions of credits or hours of raiding to get those is not worth it. It's always about progression and the bosses.

Moreover, it is important to get better gear, as the current Nightmare Operations are very tough for most of the players. To reduce the difficulty the next gear level will be stronger then the best you can get now (Kel Dragon).

I'd expect that you can run the Story Modes of the new Operations with 69/72 Gear, getting either 75 or something better. Hardmode will most likely introduce a new level of gear. I'd also expect that Kel Dragon Gear becomes craftable with 2.4. So you can spend your millions again, sorry but this is how it works.

MMO rule #1 It is never about the gear

Your current gear will be outdated sooner or later. Spending millions of credits or hours of raiding to get those is not worth it. It's always about progression and the bosses.

I'd disagree with the bolded statement. The point of spending the credits and the hours of raiding is to get the gear to be able to do the progression and the bosses. If it's always about progression and the bosses, then it's totally worth it.

But otherwise, I agree with this commenter. The gear you have today is not going to remain BiS. It's the nature of endgame--they have to keep throwing out goals for players to strive for, or they quit. See: the mass exodus just after SWTOR started in 2012.

Once you accept this is part of the process, it's much easier to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. It's about the journey, not the destination.

I'd disagree with the bolded statement. The point of spending the credits and the hours of raiding is to get the gear to be able to do the progression and the bosses. If it's always about progression and the bosses, then it's totally worth it.

That's basically what i'm saying. It's not worth to have the gear, just to have the gear. It is necessary for progress sometimes, but it's never about the gear itself.