Does anyone else feel skeptical about the EA/Disney deal?

ImmoralThang

It's a franchise reboot, not a sequel.

"EA Battlefront" is already selling a $50 dollar season pass. No one knows what's in it but it's up for sale already.

Annoyed fans say this content should have been in the initial game if it's finished prior to game launch.

Players are speculating that "EA Battlefront" will practically have a cash shop. EA is already selling emotes. (packaged in deluxe and ultimate editions) $10 dollars buys you two emotes, the other unlocks, Ion Grenade, Ion Torpedo and Han's blaster are all obtainable through normal level up. Tons of potential for dime and nickel extras,

The new pricing structure sets an alarming precedent for what companies can charge for preorders. 120 is double the price for a retail game today. If this becomes popular we could see a rise in overall game prices.

I'm just retransmitting info about the game sale strategy, my post is not a game review and doesn't reflect how fun the game may be.

Pre-order bonuses and package pricing:

Standard Edition :: $59.99

• Battle of Jakku (pre-order to play first)

Deluxe Edition :: $69.99

• Everything in Standard Edition
  • DL-44 blaster, as made famous by Han Solo (instant access)
  • Ion Grenade (instant access)
  • Ion Torpedo (instant access)
  • Ion Shock (exclusive emote)
  • Victory (exclusive emote)

Ultimate Edition :: $119.99

• Everything in Deluxe Edition
  • Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Season Pass

Here's the promotional text for Battle of Jakku DLC

Be among the first to battle on the planet of Jakku with two additional maps, and learn more about this desert planet and the events leading up to Star Wars™: The Force Awakens.

• Learn what happened at the Battle of Jakku, which precedes the events of Star Wars™: The Force Awakens

• 2 maps set on the all-new planet of Jakku

• 7 days early access for those who pre-order Star Wars™ Battlefront™, beginning on December 1, 2015

Available as a free download to all players on December 8th, 2015 (STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT FULL GAME REQUIRED)]

Edited by Falensawino

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"EA Battlefront" is already selling a $50 dollar season pass. No one knows what's in it but it's up for sale already.

Annoyed fans say this content should have been in the initial game if it's finished prior to game launch.

Players are speculating that "EA Battlefront" will practically have a cash shop. EA is already selling emotes. (packaged in deluxe and ultimate editions) $10 dollars buys you two emotes, the other unlocks, Ion Grenade, Ion Torpedo and Han's blaster are all obtainable through normal level up. Tons of potential for dime and nickel extras,

The new pricing structure sets an alarming precedent for what companies can charge for preorders. 120 is double the price for a retail game today. If this becomes popular we could see a rise in overall game prices.

I'm just retransmitting info about the game sale strategy, my post is not a game review and doesn't reflect how fun the game may be.

Actually we do know what's in the season past they told us we are paying for access to future expansion (Rumors say they are releasing 4-6 expansion packs not counting Jakku)and we get to play them two weeks before anyone else.Also they said this a while ago but like Jakku some of the new maps and mods have something to do with TFA and if they had them at launch could spoil the movie for us.

Also Dice usually don't work on their DLC until after the base game.Also if we look at Battlefield 4 and Hard line their expansion usually have 5-6 new maps and 3-4 new game mods.So those annoyed Fans are just blowing hot air and really just complaining just to complain.

In a interview one of the devs already said they are not having any cash shops and you can buy all of those things with in game credits.The emotes are pre order bonus to get people to buy the game so most likely they won't be in game.Everything else you unlock by playing the game.So their not really nickel and dining anyone.

Its really not setting a alarming precedent because multiple games have done it before Battlefront.The recent Batman had a 80 pre order bonus and last year COD had 60.Also game prices are lower then they used to be and the only reason game prices haven't lowered is because of game stop won't allow most companies to do so.Also game company have to make money as well and their making additional content for us to play and enjoy so what's wrong with paying for it?

There is one of the reasons I will not buy this game right away. (your whole post Falensawino was spot on but I didn't want to requote the entirety of it). It will likely have similar server issues as Battlefront 4 (calling it now) - but EA really milks the crap out of every little penny out of its playerbase.

If only a company like CD Projekt Red made Battlefront instead (Witcher 3 comes with 16 DLC that are all free. Yes - Free) - I would be overjoyed and excited.

Battlefront will likely have 40-50 different paid DLC items by the time it is done (Scout Trooper armor $3 - Snow Trooper armor $3 etc). It could just keep going. Likely blind packs of things as well - that way they can maximize profit for players wanting to take the chance at specific items (like Cartel Packs currently do).

I really hope players don't throw money at a season pass that could fall as flat as Borderlands Pre-Sequels (amongst many others).

Nothing here even remotely connects to what I said.

It's still not Battlefront 3, it's still a franchise reboot.

As for what you said above, I'm not getting the game.

Not because of the trite bs of "it's not battlefront", but because of the horrendous cost for the "full package" - around £100 for game + premium and the lack of server browser.

The total cost for Hardline put me off buying that game, again almost £100 for the base game and premium.

The practice of dividing a gaming community by who buys and doesn't buy map packs has been a blight on FPS multiplayer for too long imo.

I personally don't care if they do start selling emotes and other cosmetic things for players to buy outside of playing the game. It's a way of generating money that's strictly optional content as opposed to mandatory.