Damage, defense, and balance

SithScorp

Anyone going to take a look at the 1 and 2 hit kills from the scouts that can take 2-3 hits from a full gear GS? How about the GS that is taking 10 hits from a full heavy laser on a bomber and takes out said bomber with laser cannons when nose to nose?

Just a little adjusting needs to happen.

Anyone going to take a look at the 1 and 2 hit kills from the scouts that can take 2-3 hits from a full gear GS? How about the GS that is taking 10 hits from a full heavy laser on a bomber and takes out said bomber with laser cannons when nose to nose?

Just a little adjusting needs to happen.

What your seeing isn't a 1-2 hit from a scout. Offensive CD's being popped, and you just don't notice when your shields start to drop. A scout popping BO for instance kills very quickly, but is taking far more then 1 shot. The only time a scout can actually kill in 1-2 shots is possibly with a DAMAGE OVERCHARGE in a TDM.

Edit: Another words you have yet to truly understand the mechanics of how GSF works, and need more practice at it.

Edited by Toraak

Agreed, he is not perceiving what he is seeing.

All ships need to move when attacked. Obviously out of any given matchup, one will usually be far superior to the other in a straight joust, but the willingness to engage in that joust is usually incorrect for exactly one party, and correct for the other. The blame, then, is on the pilot who misjudged the situation and participated in a losing joust.

I always recommend players start recording their matches. That way they can see and replay what transpired. All up to date nvidia cards now allow in game recordings, or you could download a free program called OBS Studio.

It may help you realize where something went wrong or how something happened. It can be difficult to interpret things in the heat of battle, but sometimes watching it afterwards can be enormously enlightening.

Agreed, he is not perceiving what he is seeing.

All ships need to move when attacked. Obviously out of any given matchup, one will usually be far superior to the other in a straight joust, but the willingness to engage in that joust is usually incorrect for exactly one party, and correct for the other. The blame, then, is on the pilot who misjudged the situation and participated in a losing joust.

It's to the point where I rarely participate in a joust. If the other player wants to do it, something is probably in their favor, so unless I'm feeling really confident and the game is not being laggy and my aim is where it needs to be, I'm going to deny them their chance.

Knowing when to engage and when not to makes a big difference as well.