"PvP Vendor on Capital Planet"

studwell

I've searched and searched for Grand Sorcerer's Vestments, located on DK's PvP Vendor supposedly according to ingame friends and TORHead.

However in the patch notes it says "PvP vendors on Capital Planets now offer the correct PvP items" and upon reaching the vendor, I wasnt able to find the item.

Would anyone possibly know another location to purchase http://www.torhead.com/item/dx0ukT7

Edited by studwell

I already started a thread on this, earlier... but ill repost/clarify for everyone:

The PvP Vendor on DK or Coruscant previously sold BLUE, level 50 PvP gear with Expertise on it.

Not boatloads - about 30 per piece - and the gear was othewise unremarkable level 50 blue gear quality.

It cost between 450-650 warzone coms per piece.

Here's a link to an example:

http://www.torhead.com/item/g8CogeU

Now, said vendor sells "the correct PvP gear", which means - that vendor sells totally useless level 40 and lower, no-expertise gear.

The Blue level 50 starter gear is now non-purchasable. No vendor that i can find sells it.

Which means you dont get to have a starter PvP set (trust me, all it had going for it was Expertise, the stats were otherwise vanilla level 50 blue mod quality) - you just get to get curb stomped by people with stacks of Expertise who got lucky on the Loot Lottery RNG.

So now, instead of 500ish commendations getting you a a piece of gear that at least has SOME PvP stats on it.. your ONLY gearing option now is to spend 800 coms to get a bag that MIGHT have a piece of gear in it.

LAME.

I didn't complete my PvP set from that vendor either. I refuse to buy the superhero set offered by the other vendor, and the capitol city vendor was the only one to offer a different looking item. I hope they just moved it someplace else and not took it out completely.

I already started a thread on this, earlier... but ill repost/clarify for everyone:

The PvP Vendor on DK or Coruscant previously sold BLUE, level 50 PvP gear with Expertise on it.

Not boatloads - about 30 per piece - and the gear was othewise unremarkable level 50 blue gear quality.

It cost between 450-650 warzone coms per piece.

Here's a link to an example:

http://www.torhead.com/item/g8CogeU

Now, said vendor sells "the correct PvP gear", which means - that vendor sells totally useless level 40 and lower, no-expertise gear.

The Blue level 50 starter gear is now non-purchasable. No vendor that i can find sells it.

Which means you dont get to have a starter PvP set (trust me, all it had going for it was Expertise, the stats were otherwise vanilla level 50 blue mod quality) - you just get to get curb stomped by people with stacks of Expertise who got lucky on the Loot Lottery RNG.

So now, instead of 500ish commendations getting you a a piece of gear that at least has SOME PvP stats on it.. your ONLY gearing option now is to spend 800 coms to get a bag that MIGHT have a piece of gear in it.

LAME.

Well crap... thanks for the info though.

Well crap... thanks for the info though.

They may have moved it, i dont know, but ive been looking all over all day, as i had enough coms to get 2 pieces of gear to supplement the one piece of gear the RNG bags bestowed one me.

Without at least a starter level of expertise, prepare to get curbstomped.

Funny thing, though:

you can build your own set of mediocre PvP gear:

one of the PvP weapons has an Enhancement in it that has 25 Expertise. This enhancement is removeable.. and the weap costs 330 comms. So you could get a set of orange gear and ghetto your way to a starter set... Could net yourself.. ~300 expertise that way, at least, while you wait for the RNG gods to love you.

Seems like something this big would be in the notes. Not just some vague sentence.

:mad: wth BW?

Im trying to figure out why in the world they would do this.

Now there is NO entry level PvP anything. It's either grind RNG bags for maybe loot, all the while getting stomped in by the people who got lucky with the RNG..

or dont PvP.

Its absolutely ridiculous for them to remove entry level gear. The expertise from the set at least gave you a fighting chance. Now, new 50s will have to get curb stomped in non expertise gear until lady luck smiles.

Why in the world would Bioware remove that armor? It makes no effin' sense...

You're better off using your commendations for the bags. This complaint is absurd.

Some of us already have our one 50 bag and 1000 merc commendations. I personally was using my warzone commendations for this item set. Now I'm going to end up capping out my warzone commendations unless I buy PvP medpacks, which I'd rather not do over actual equipment.

Save them up/turn them into something else.

I'm level 41 with 1k of each token and a bag. I can only carry one bag so what else would I spend it on?

This set was perfect, I would have hit level 50 with full blue pvp gear and 6 bags.

I level through pvp because I can't stand questing so now I get nothing from the warzone marks which sucks.

You're better off using your commendations for the bags. This complaint is absurd.

You're bad at math.

10,000 commendations to get enough bags to buy one piece of Centurion gear. Your chances also dictate (given the observed drop rate) that you will get 2 pieces of usable Champion gear while getting those bags.

Or for the same 10,000 commendations (a little less, actually, i believe) you can have Expertise in EVERY SLOT, GUARANTEED. And then you can grind for bags without getting curb stomped into the dirt by people who got the gear before it was removed or beat the odds on the drop % of the RNG PvP Bag.

Now who is being absurd? Oh, yeah.

You.

edit: and, as well, the things the other posters posted about (only being able to hold one bag until you're 50; meaning that after you convert 1000 merc tokens, you're going to have useless commendations that you cant use if you're not 50).

This whole thing is total fail.

Edited by Noctournys