Cartel slot machines for cartel certificates?

rekkoffmew

So I am trying to get some Cartel certificates for the vendor, but im struggling to find current information on where to get them. I was told the slot machines can give a very low chance of getting them? Any other ways?

There are still vendors that take certificates?

New packs don't give them out and old packs do but are not coming back much.

If the concept of those tokens are abandoned they should change the pricing or have other kinds of packs give out the tokens (supply crates or command packs).

Edited by dxlolman

So I am trying to get some Cartel certificates for the vendor, but im struggling to find current information on where to get them. I was told the slot machines can give a very low chance of getting them? Any other ways?

From old packs. Some people still sell them on then GTN.

And to topple that the dev team changed the way the items from cartel pack reputation vendor works. You now have to buy each item per char, can't unlock from legacy anymore. (Had mailed them about it but it's working as intended nowadays while I used to buy armor sets from those vendors and did unlock them for legacy. *sigh* Way to go EA)

Edited by Kirameki

10% drop chance from (very) old packs and about a 1 in 1500 spins on the Contraband Slot Machine.

Or on average 1 certificate per 2 hours of gambling and it'll cost you about 500k credits.

The worst streaks i've had was 1 certificate in 4000 spins and the best i've seen was 2 certificates in 2000 spins.

There are no other alternatives unless you find someone who's willing to sell you certificates for less (they'll have to buy the npc's or decorations for you and trade them since the certificates themselves are bound).

It took me a total of 25 hours of non-stop gambling and 6 million credits worth of gambling tokens to get 10 certificates to buy myself a hoverchair. (It actually cost me 12million in tokens, but you can vendor the rep tokens you get to get an average of half your investment back worth of vendor value).

Edited by DrDaMoZ

Yes, several.

There's a cartel certificate decoration vendor on the fleet and a whole bunch of reputation npc's stuck in a corner of the cartel bazaar.

This sort of thing is a shame... I was pretty interested in these vendors until I figured out they were not feasibly accessible anymore.

Edited by Soljin

It would be nice if they upped the drop rate for the cartel certificates for the slot machines. It would make them worth playing again, and it would be nice to have that currency 'flowing' again so we can access the nice decorations from the vendors. As it is, the vendors are wasted right now. I don't think it would hurt to up the drop rate a bit, or even to have an event for a week with upped drop rates, so that the certs could be accumulated.

It would be nice if they upped the drop rate for the cartel certificates for the slot machines. It would make them worth playing again, and it would be nice to have that currency 'flowing' again so we can access the nice decorations from the vendors. As it is, the vendors are wasted right now. I don't think it would hurt to up the drop rate a bit, or even to have an event for a week with upped drop rates, so that the certs could be accumulated.

I agree.

But apparently, we as a community, were not mature enough to have reasoned discussion about this back in the day, much less now. People went bananas in the forum (on both sides of the discussion) and when we have done that in the past (remember the mission cubes that dropped from one pack way back when?) ....the studio noted it and ordered up a nerf-strike from orbit... and in this case simply destroyed the loot table for the slot machine and then ceased any plan for future versions for different factions. I believe if we as a community had not reacted so over the top in discussions, we may well have a working slot machine for every Cartel Bazaar Faction in the game rather then this limp noodle of a slot machine we now have.

Edited by Andryah

I agree.

But apparently, we as a community, were not mature enough to have reasoned discussion about this back in the day, much less now. People went bananas in the forum (on both sides of the discussion) and when we have done that in the past (remember the mission cubes that dropped from one pack way back when?) ....the studio noted it and ordered up a nerf-strike from orbit... and in this case simply destroyed the loot table for the slot machine and then ceased any plan for future versions for different factions. I believe if we as a community had not reacted so over the top in discussions, we may well have a working slot machine for every Cartel Bazaar Faction in the game rather then this limp noodle of a slot machine we now have.

Agreed. People crying about too many Cartel Certs dropping from a fake slot machine was stupid. How the hell did this affect them? I swear we have posters that come on here just to complain so that they can complain. Miserable lives they must live.

When something in the game doesn't affect you or the game play then shut up.

In older packs they increased the drop rate where Cartel Market Certificates are bronze rarity, a few months ago when i opened up an old hypecrate of Stronghold packs i got 8 CMC's to drop.

There is a 1 in 1000 chance of a CMC to drop from a contraband slot machine last time i checked.

And no you cannot sell certificates on the GTN, they are legacy bound.

In older packs they increased the drop rate where Cartel Market Certificates are bronze rarity, a few months ago when i opened up an old hypecrate of Stronghold packs i got 8 CMC's to drop.

There is a 1 in 1000 chance of a CMC to drop from a contraband slot machine last time i checked.

I am suprised that the chance of getting CMC from slot machine is that high. the last nerf done to it made is utterly useless.

I agree.

I remember the kurfluffle all too well. And yeah, I know what you're saying, anytime this has happened it's been nerfed to pointlessness. Still I'm hoping that they would re-examine it again, some time has gone by now, I can't remember, it's been over a year...I think maybe two? I hope they'll revisit it and maybe this time it'll go better. It was a really neat idea, shame to let it die. :(

Sorry i didnt wanna read the other posts, might have been told already.

You can get them easily from old packs, which ones, you have to google but they still drop and they are still on gtn, best to buy a hypercrate.

I got like 20 certificates about a month ago when they had those retro packs for sell on the cartel market. I just bought the ones people put up on the GTN... The certificates seem to have a high drop rate with the packs.

I'm sure they'll release those packs again down the road.

I doubt its that good. Tonight I spent 300k credits to burn through 400 chips, not including the ones I received back. I was curious if there had been any stealth improvements over time. I have a set up in my stronghold where I have two slot machines next to one another and I can stand between them and alternate clicks to speed up the process, and it still took 30 minutes to go through an original stack of 400 chips. I made back only 167k from reputation trophies, and got two green premium Scraps and one blue prototype Scrap. No cartel market certificates and no purple artifact Jawa junk scrap. Thirty minutes and net 133k credits for three pieces of non-artifact scrap is nerfed into oblivion. Even Vegas has better odds.

• 4 weeks later...