Server downtime 2am CST every Tuesday?

Thorikos

Is this really the best time to take down servers? Wouldn't 6 or 7am be a little more off-peak? Are these hours so terrible for US players to accommodate Europeans? Everyone I know is pretty disturbed by these maintenance hours, is this permanent?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2am CST isn't peak time for anyone in the US. I think it's kind of annoying for Europeans, it ends up being like 10am to 6pm, something weird like that.

Right, but then he said that 6-7am would be a little more off-peak, which that does still fall into the non-peak hours for the US but then it pushes it further into the Peak hours for EU.

I assume this post is a troll post now.

I work swing shift, so maintenance at 2am = I can't play when I get home. Now, I realize I'm in a minority, so I'll deal. Of course, this past week was terrible, servers were down half the week for my play time.

Yes, I imagine you could do 6 or 7am and still be off peak for US players (I've got no ideas on the euros). Of course, if maintenance runs over it's scheduled time, they give themselves a bit more time to get servers backup before peak by bringing them down earlier.

I work swing shift, so maintenance at 2am = I can't play when I get home. Now, I realize I'm in a minority, so I'll deal. Of course, this past week was terrible, servers were down half the week for my play time.

Yes, I imagine you could do 6 or 7am and still be off peak for US players (I've got no ideas on the euros). Of course, if maintenance runs over it's scheduled time, they give themselves a bit more time to get servers backup before peak by bringing them down earlier.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. See threads about EU maintenance - pretty much same arguments + many ignorant "get a job" americans.

Don't get me wrong: I really feel for you. BW is unable to provide adequate service. Maintenance should start at 4:00AM or 5:00AM CST for US servers and CET for EU servers (separate time frame). There should not be any GLOBAL maintenance. That is something BW can't comprehend.

Edited by Alexx_T

Right, but then he said that 6-7am would be a little more off-peak, which that does still fall into the non-peak hours for the US but then it pushes it further into the Peak hours for EU.

I assume this post is a troll post now.

This is not a troll post, 2am server down central time is too early.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. See threads about EU maintenance - pretty much same arguments + many ignorant "get a job" americans.

Don't get me wrong: I really feel for you. BW is unable to provide adequate service. Maintenance should start at 4:00AM or 5:00AM CST for US servers and CET for EU servers (separate time frame). There should not be any GLOBAL maintenance. That is something BW can't comprehend.

That would be more acceptable, but I still feel 6-7am would be perfect. And yes, this global server down is a terrible idea. This game is amazing, I am addicted. But the 2am server down might end up ruining it for me (right in the middle of my playtime, yes I know I'm not the majority, but 2am is still TOO early for server down.)

Well, I have to be at the hospital at 6:30AM. I need 30 minutes to commute there. So this means at least one day a week I will have had a few hours of sleep before I'm shoving a Miller #4 and an ET tube down someone's throat.

I don't see a problem with this. :p

Edited by Heimskringla

2am downtime for Americans means 8am for us Uk'ers. So no I don't think its too early. If it were any later for you then it means servers are down all day for us.

Its already bad enough that on maintenance our servers are down from 8am until (potentially, depending on the work being done) 4pm.

I actually think us Europeans have more to complain about. Don't you?

• 2 weeks later...

You do realize how much you fail here right?

If they did this, then the EU servers would be overloaded with Americans rolling on them while their servers were down, and vice versa when the EU servers are down.

This is a horrible idea, plain and simple.

You do realize how much you fail here right?

If they did this, then the EU servers would be overloaded with Americans rolling on them while their servers were down, and vice versa when the EU servers are down.

This is a horrible idea, plain and simple.

Um, like every other mmo ever made? Give people something to do while their servers are under maintenance. Most people wouldn't screw with rolling different toons they would just log out. Not to mention the downtime would be 5am central or whatever, so not many would be playing to roll to make a difference. Your post was pointless and incorrect.

Edited by Thorikos

Um, like every other mmo ever made? Give people something to do while their servers are under maintenance. Most people wouldn't screw with rolling different toons they would just log out. Not to mention the downtime would be 5am central or whatever, so not many would be playing to roll to make a difference. Your post was pointless and incorrect.

You haven't played MMO's often enough then, because if you did, you would know that people would flock to the open servers while theirs are down. They don't care about the re-rolling part. They just care that they have somewhere to play.

You haven't played MMO's often enough then, because if you did, you would know that people would flock to the open servers while theirs are down. They don't care about the re-rolling part. They just care that they have somewhere to play.

Yes some of them do, what is the problem? Not nearly enough people on during their peak slow times to affect the other servers. What is your complaint?

I want to say something a lot of americans said to us europeans: Get a Job, Get a Life:p. If you work 9am-5pm, at 2am you should be in bed. Happy now?

Why would I go get a job? I'm actually rich enough not to be bothered with working.

Edited by Triendess

Why would I go get a job? I'm actually rich enough not to be bothered with working.

I work until 3am sat/sun/mon. A lot of 24/7 operations / distribution centers work those hours in the US. Tons of people in the US are affected negatively by this downtime choice. Hell even bartenders and waiters are affected. 2am is a ridiculous time to take down servers. I feel sorry for California =/

Edited by Thorikos

Why not just do maintenance on NA and EU servers separately so that they take place at the same time in their respective locales?

For me personally, 2AM CST is a bit annoying , 6AM would be better but I realize I might be in the minority.