Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is The Outlander (force user)/Darth Nox/Etc The most powerful force user ever?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is The Outlander (force user)/Darth Nox/Etc The most powerful force user ever?

arkanenoobie
01.19.2020 , 10:40 AM | #11
I mean it's obvious and not every interesting but Grandmaster Luke Skywalker could also easily beat the Outlander. The stuff you've come up against in game pales in comparison to the stuff Luke did during his life in the novels and stuff. Though obviously it's no fun to just count him since he's obviously the mainest of main characters in the Star Wars lore. So obviously he's going to be the strongest.

Sullavin
01.19.2020 , 11:12 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by arkanenoobie View Post
I mean it's obvious and not every interesting but Grandmaster Luke Skywalker could also easily beat the Outlander. The stuff you've come up against in game pales in comparison to the stuff Luke did during his life in the novels and stuff. Though obviously it's no fun to just count him since he's obviously the mainest of main characters in the Star Wars lore. So obviously he's going to be the strongest.
Absolutely. Iím in 2 minds about that. Only because the general jist seems to be that ancient sith and force users are much more powerful. So given that our outlander is of an ancient era I kind of look at later eras as remnants of an old one. But I guess overall Luke is the one! Except for the most recent films Luke doing what the emporor did with force projection killed Luke and not the emporor. Thereís always something. Also again the films decide not to show us what Luke is truly capable of. I hope the outlander doesnít go the same way

adormitul
01.19.2020 , 01:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sullavin View Post
Absolutely. Iím in 2 minds about that. Only because the general jist seems to be that ancient sith and force users are much more powerful. So given that our outlander is of an ancient era I kind of look at later eras as remnants of an old one. But I guess overall Luke is the one! Except for the most recent films Luke doing what the emporor did with force projection killed Luke and not the emporor. Thereís always something. Also again the films decide not to show us what Luke is truly capable of. I hope the outlander doesnít go the same way
Pretty sure when they talk ancient sith and jedi they are ancient by the time KOTOR is. Not SWTOR but KOTOR the jedi and sith that where ancient by the time KOTOR timeline was the present present. Think Tulak Hord ancient.
The Outlander is powerful as Darth Nox but unlike the other force classes Darth Nox is weaker then before the start of KOTFE and stays like that until now. Do you know why?
Valkorian ate his ghosts you know the ghosts who gave him tons of power and immortality. Valkorian pretty much made him weaker.

arkanenoobie
01.19.2020 , 01:35 PM | #14
Yeah, when they refer to ancient Sith they mean guys like Tulak Hord or Naga Sadow. The Sith that formed the original Dark Council and founded the Sith. Not a bunch of randoms coming from a Sith Academy. Though i honesty don't think time matters so much since there are people incredibly strong in the force in all era's. Like Revan, or Luke Skywalker. I mean the Outlanders accomplishments are honestly only really achieved through working with other allies or various Deus Ex machina items and abilities we see used once or twice.

I mean if we went purely lore and story wise out of all of the playable force user characters then the Sith Sorcerer would be by a mile the most powerful, since you have the ability to literally absorb the souls and abilities of powerful force ghosts and add them to your own. That character would be legit primary antagonist material. Sure, to get the most out of it you have to get them to willingly join you and then you're stuck with them nagging you occasionally but still. Though actually in game that side of the storyline is barely explored whatsoever ability wise. It just for some reason goes away and is never mentioned again. . .Like any Sith would just give up that kind of insane power.

Sullavin
01.20.2020 , 01:18 AM | #15
I donít know, again I havenít read anything from any of the above posts that counters what the dialogue and the game itself actually says in regard to how much of a total beast and super crazy powerful character you are in SWTOR. Anything ďbut the in game happenings with our force user versus the Valkorion bunch in kotfeĒ says (literally... and over and over) that we are a total power house. And regarding kotet/kotfe etc what we see the force user go through again that seems to be a cross story issue from BioWare - and not representative of what the dialogue says and how the story is written. We also have more to come regarding what we see the outlander do. Despite the Jedi knight surpassing even anakins achievements (the guy with the THE most potential ever) even younger. When Anakin was older than our outlander he got whooped by obiwan. The JK slapped the voice of the emporor among other powerhouses around.

Thereís no answer to it really. Obvious choices are Luke and Palp and Valk. Tulak Hord Is the man if we reeeeaallly take the lore in to things. But the outlander might get solidified in there sooner rather than later. Going solely off the story and dialogue and the outlanders achievements he/she is already a giant contender.

cool-dude
01.25.2020 , 12:46 AM | #16
I would say the Jedi Knight is technically the most powerful, because they are the only force user that you can play that was chosen by the force itself. The story for the JK, SOR, KOTFE, and KOTET, all conform to the prophecy first introduced in the Revan novel and later referenced in the Jedi Knight story by Scourge. The Revan novel, as is with all the the other novels written to promote this game, are canon in this games lore.

In my mind, as far as SW is concerned, the chosen ones trump everyone else.
I'm a cool dude

ceryxp
01.25.2020 , 05:26 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post
I would say the Jedi Knight is technically the most powerful, because they are the only force user that you can play that was chosen by the force itself. The story for the JK, SOR, KOTFE, and KOTET, all conform to the prophecy first introduced in the Revan novel and later referenced in the Jedi Knight story by Scourge. The Revan novel, as is with all the the other novels written to promote this game, are canon in this games lore.

As we see on Voss, the 'chosen one' isn't necessarily the most powerful. Simply the one who is chosen by the Force.to complete a task
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

adormitul
01.25.2020 , 07:03 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
As we see on Voss, the 'chosen one' isn't necessarily the most powerful. Simply the one who is chosen by the Force.to complete a task
Power does not matter in the end if you can take the big bad by surprise you will do the trick. Best example Vader killing Sidious or something like that.

Sullavin
01.25.2020 , 04:39 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by cool-dude View Post

I can dig it! Maybe. But also the wrath has things stated about him like Revan was never as powerful a sith as he is now. Thatís damn powerful. My main is Nox and we all know what a beast the sith inq becomes in the story - but either way I like the JK thinking!

adormitul
01.26.2020 , 05:12 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Sullavin View Post
I can dig it! Maybe. But also the wrath has things stated about him like Revan was never as powerful a sith as he is now. Thatís damn powerful. My main is Nox and we all know what a beast the sith inq becomes in the story - but either way I like the JK thinking!
Nah Nox is the saddest he went from above average sith to an invincible very powerful beast then lost everything. Now Nox has to do the work like Imperius and the other force using classes to get more powerful what is he an jedi or light side user or something. Nox go eat more ghosts.