Tier x Determination

Rebel_US

I have searched the forums and cannot find a descriptive explanation to what exactly a Tier x (re: Tier 2,Tier 3) item would be, what would be a corresponding item level for this: 50-80-100 ??

I am in Armstech.

My target item is actually the Augment Slot Components Mk-2 (and beyond), available from reverse engineering TIER 2 weapons..but it seems no matter what item I build/reverse engineer, I always wind up with Mk-1 parts.

I am assuming I should be able to look at the Item Level of any part and be able to tell what tier that item is - what are the magical breakpoints for the tiers?

You can roughly break down item tiers by level:

• Tier 1: level 10-16
  • Tier 2: level 17-24
  • Tier 3: level 25-32
  • Tier 4: level 32-40
  • Tier 5: level 41-48
  • Tier 6: level 49-50

I think you can also determine an item's tier by looking at its crafting components. The highest-tier component will be that item's tier.

This is where it gets confusing..I have seen those break points before, but...a level 32 item (listed as Tier 3) only breaks down into Tier 1 components.

My target components on a reverse engineer are the actual Mk-x augment components: Mk-2,Mk-3, etc.

Trial and error:

I build/reverse engineer:

Item Level 32 = Mk-1

Item Level 54 = Mk-2

Item Level 82 = Mk-4

I will assume Item Level 54> thru <82 will yield the Mk-3's.

Its crude and expensive and yes it works but no its not cost effective nor help me understand.

Edited by Rebel_US
TYPO

When I say "level", I mean the minimum player level required to equip the item, not the rating.

Thats what I am slowly figuring out: When I look at the RATING of an item, it list its stats as 1 way - yet when you look at an item from its item level, it list it another. The TIER of the item is more based on the master component level than the individual parts, it seems.

I guess once I have dug into it deeper, I think what I should more accuratelly ask would be:

What are the RATING Tier Breakpoints for individual items? At what RATING is an item considered Tier 1/Tier 2/Tier 3?

When you select your crafting que (Armstech in my case) - you can filter them by RATING - where are the break points?

Thats what I am slowly figuring out: When I look at the RATING of an item, it list its stats as 1 way - yet when you look at an item from its item level, it list it another. The TIER of the item is more based on the master component level than the individual parts, it seems.

I guess once I have dug into it deeper, I think what I should more accuratelly ask would be:

What are the RATING Tier Breakpoints for individual items? At what RATING is an item considered Tier 1/Tier 2/Tier 3?

When you select your crafting que (Armstech in my case) - you can filter them by RATING - where are the break points?

I don't know the rating #s, offhand tier 0 is under 120, tier 1 is the 120-126 Tionese stuff. Check the fleet vendors for the ratings on tionese, campaign, blackhole rattataki etc.. and it should give you some approximates for end-game tiers.

"Rating" doesn't quite work that way unfortunately. I am presuming you're referring to the (126) number in the item description (as an example).

Item level is based on the item itself, the name of the item. Tier is then assigned based on the item level.

Rating can fluctuate.

For example, you can have a green armor chest at rating 26 (I'm using made up examples). If you RE that crafted Green chest and get a blue schem, the rating jumps up to 32 (I think that's the gap, could be wrong) but the level that it can be used stays the same. Then you RE it to purple, and the rating jumps to 38 (again, an example, not sure on the gap). However, it's possible you could get a different green chest with a rating of 38 with a higher level than the purple chest with a rating of 38.

At this point it's possible that the green/purple chests (different items in game) with the same rating of (38) could fall in different tier levels.