WZ queue bug allowing more players than 8

KidMcClaren

Between all WZ's ending in 120 secs due to 1 faction or the other adding more than 8 people to a side and Ilum kill trading, PVP on my server is now completely dead.

I spent all yesterday in bogus WZ's and watching people kill trade in Ilum. The Ilum trade I didn't care much about because I could still get decent pvp in WZ's. Now I can't even do that.

I have yet to even see a Dev response to this problem, and it's only getting worse. Please fix this BW, you now have ZERO LEGITIMATE PVP.

This exploit IS getting out of hand. I did around 25 wz's yesterday on Krayt Dragon and by my estimation at least 15 of those had exploited teams.

Edit: You know what, I forgot to include my lowbie warzones... I did another 10-15 warzones with my "lowbie" and AT LEAST half of those were exploited as well.

Basically... the problem is RAMPANT. I bet in the past 2 months I've played over 200 exploited warzones.

I'm sure Biofail will take their sweet f**king time fixing it too. It's only been a WIDELY KNOWN issue for 3-4 patches now.

Edited by Azzlum

My guild has tested this bug and we have reported how it is done to the proper channels. The response is that BW knows of this issue, they are working on a fix and they are recording anyone who does it for bans.

I am not going to go into how to do this but suffice it to say it is reproducable very easily.

My hope is this is fixed relatively soon.

Obviously everyone has accepted the complete death of pvp and I'm just late to the party :)

It's on life support at the very least.

Between Ilum's poor design and all the rewards that are linked to it.

People hacking in warzones and not being banned for not obeying the ToS.

But let's nerf Pure shock frozen water and surge when there are all these fundamental problems that are far more detrimental to the PvP system that still exist.

The solution to an imbalance has become a just nerf everyone situation instead of facing the real problem and fixing that issue specifically. Bioware you can't assume that your classes are perfectly balanced at this point and nerfing everyone certainly won't help either.

My guild has tested this bug and we have reported how it is done to the proper channels. The response is that BW knows of this issue, they are working on a fix and they are recording anyone who does it for bans.

I am not going to go into how to do this but suffice it to say it is reproducable very easily.

Screen shot or it didn't happen.

They have openly stated that they have no logging means of seeing who did it because even though it is easily re-produced it also happens by pure accident. How do you draw the line from intended to accident?

It's on life support at the very least.

Between Ilum's poor design and all the rewards that are linked to it.

People hacking in warzones and not being banned for not obeying the ToS.

But let's nerf Pure shock frozen water and surge when there are all these fundamental problems that are far more detrimental to the PvP system that still exist.

The solution to an imbalance has become a just nerf everyone situation instead of facing the real problem and fixing that issue specifically. Bioware you can't assume that your classes are perfectly balanced at this point and nerfing everyone certainly won't help either.

They didn't nerf pure shockfrozen water, they fixed it. And that, along with surge, were easy fixes.

Do you honestly expect them to be able to completely overhaul Ilum in 3 weeks, or go through thousands of lines of code to try and figure out how to fix the increased WZ group size bug? Those kinds of things take a considerable amount of time.

If, at this point, you honestly don't think they are looking into both those issues and trying to fix them, you're delusional.

Post translation: My guild has exploited the f**k out warzones on our server and it works REALLY well. We then decided to report it to Bioware so we can look like "testers" and avoid the ban hammer.

Oh and "they are recording anyone who does it for bans.".... this line is completely made up. READ: LIES.

Between all WZ's ending in 120 secs due to 1 faction or the other adding more than 8 people to a side and Ilum kill trading, PVP on my server is now completely dead.

I spent all yesterday in bogus WZ's and watching people kill trade in Ilum. The Ilum trade I didn't care much about because I could still get decent pvp in WZ's. Now I can't even do that.

I have yet to even see a Dev response to this problem, and it's only getting worse. Please fix this BW, you now have ZERO LEGITIMATE PVP.

Like all bugs once people figure out how to exploit them they cant keep their mouths shut so they spread the word. This hurts in the short term but in the long term as the problem grows more and more people like yourself bring the issue to the attention of the devs by posting on the forums or creating in-game tickets.

You have done your part, now its time for them to do theirs.

All you can do is hope they fix the issue sooner rather than later.

The very least they could do is implement a safety net that watches for more than 8 players on a team or boots out all players that aren't in the operation group.

Oh no!! That might amount to... about 10 lines of code!!! No way they can do something that complex in a 2 month period.

They didn't nerf pure shockfrozen water, they fixed it. And that, along with surge, were easy fixes.

Do you honestly expect them to be able to completely overhaul Ilum in 3 weeks, or go through thousands of lines of code to try and figure out how to fix the increased WZ group size bug? Those kinds of things take a considerable amount of time.

If, at this point, you honestly don't think they are looking into both those issues and trying to fix them, you're delusional.

Fine fix something that EVERYONE has easy access to. I'm a healer and I can tell you that I certainly wasn't upset at people who weren't healing getting a few extra valor from medals (trade killing in Ilum's cool tho everyone). Real problem assassins using it in stealth.. fix that!

Nerf everyone's surge because a few classes/and abilities weren't scaling the way they intended. Real problem the classes and their abilities.

I don't want easy fixes that hinder my class because others are borked.

Ilum is a bust the changes they made only enhanced the current problems with it. Why pubs aren't on these forums ranting about it constantly is beyond me... oh yeah if they try some a-hole will just tell them to re roll.

To tie half of a persons daily/weekly PvP rewards to such a broken element of the game is assnine.

I certainly hope they look at the real problems in the future, this last patch has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Fine fix something that EVERYONE has easy access to. I'm a healer and I can tell you that I certainly wasn't upset at people who weren't healing getting a few extra valor from medals (trade killing in Ilum's cool tho everyone). Real problem assassins using it in stealth.. fix that!

Nerf everyone's surge because a few classes/and abilities weren't scaling the way they intended. Real problem the classes and their abilities.

I don't want easy fixes that hinder my class because others are borked.

Ilum is a bust the changes they made only enhanced the current problems with it. Why pubs aren't on these forums ranting about it constantly is beyond me... oh yeah if they try some a-hole will just tell them to re roll.

To tie half of a persons daily/weekly PvP rewards to such a broken element of the game is assnine.

I certainly hope they look at the real problems in the future, this last patch has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Real problems? What ever could you mean?

- Some taxis that failed to re-summon companions upon reaching their destination now properly re-summon them.

- Companions no longer indicate they wish to speak with you when you are not yet eligible for their next conversation.

I thought these were GAME BREAKING? Oh... wait.

Edited by Azzlum

Please fix, we have a significant server imbalance so we always get 12 imperials versus maybe 8-9 republic. Yesterday the matches werent ending when the counts were off.

On a side note out of 21 people there were only 2 healers. Food for thought there folks...

They have openly stated that they have no logging means of seeing who did it because even though it is easily re-produced it also happens by pure accident. How do you draw the line from intended to accident?

If they truly said this, then there really is no hope for the current Dev team and the future of SWTOR PvP. It happens every effing match, at least in the 50s bracket. It's not a one faction thing either, both sides are doing it and try to win the race to get more peeps in the instance. It's amateur coding at best and a near gamebreaker for WZs at worst. BW needs to fix this crap. Idiots.

Screen shot or it didn't happen.

Where have they "openly" stated this? Screenshot/URL or it didn't happen.

Hi there,

This was recently updated on the 1.1.4 patch notes and thought you might like an update!

PvP

Warzones

General

• Fixed a queue interface exploit that allowed players to bring additional players into a warzone. While imbalances can still happen under specific circumstances, the issue can no longer be intentionally triggered by players in this way.

Edited by Trineda

During a routine 11 imperial vs 7 republic Alderaan warzone this morning, I noticed that all seven of the players standing around me were the same players who had just been helping me try to bring some balance into Ilum.

"You know, fighting against just 11 imps seems kinda easy after that."

Everyone agreed.

:p

Edited by GoldSquadGirl