What was the point of disabling Exit Area? Stuck in Mind Trap for 20mins!!

Tonight me and another guy got trapped in a Mind Trap during SOA for 20mins.

So SOA kills everyone and resets BUT we are still stuck in combat AND in the mind trap. Now normally we would just exit area, but for some unknown damn reason BioWare disables the use of exit area while still in combat.

TWENTY MINS go by and FINALLY it kills us. (yes we tried pretty much everything to get out)

What was the point of disabling Exit Area BioWare? So that people couldn't use it to get our of combat on fights and save a little credits on repair bills?

So getting sick of the OPS bugs and the dumb changes you guys are doing.

/frustrated!

Edited by MrLeee

/stuck

Repair costs next to nothing now, quit being cheap and do a few dailies.

no i agree

Last night our group suffered many more deaths due to a operation being bugged out, and when the tanks went down, the rest of the group suffered for not being able to escape.

I see no point why Exit Area while in combat was removed

Tonight me and another guy got trapped in a Mind Trap during SOA for 20mins.

So SOA kills everyone and resets BUT we are still stuck in combat AND in the mind trap. Now normally we would just exit area, but for some unknown damn reason BioWare disables the use of exit area while still in combat.

TWENTY MINS go by and FINALLY it kills us. (yes we tried pretty much everything to get out)

What was the point of disabling Exit Area BioWare? So that people couldn't use it to get our of combat on fights and save a little credits on repair bills?

So getting sick of the OPS bugs and the dumb changes you guys are doing.

/frustrated!

Okay while I completely agree that it was a stupid idea on their part. Why on earth would you and your raid sit there for 20 minutes? You realize you could have just left the raid and been booted out of the instance in like 20 seconds right? <_<

Sorry forgot to add, /stuck DID NOT work. It DID teleport me for about 1 foot, but it did not kill us. Not sure if it was because we where in combat, (which I did try and it does work) or *** was going on.

But changes like this (Exit Area) are REALLY stupid.

Until they actually FIX the problems in ops and FPs they should have kept it as it was. No exit area in combat just makes the bugs (which have been around since beta) even worse. Edited by NasherUK

I thought the patch notes for 1.2 said that players would die in the Mindtrap if there for the full 2mins

•Soa's Mind Traps now kill players who are stuck inside the trap for the full 2-minute duration.

Is this bugged or have I misunderstood what that meant...

how about, the exit area button have 2 functionality

- if you aren't in combat, you exit the area

- if you are in combat, it's a suicide button, you just have to release to be revive in front of the instance.

I thought the patch notes for 1.2 said that players would die in the Mindtrap if there for the full 2mins

Is this bugged or have I misunderstood what that meant...

Probably massive exaggeration from the OP for a reason to come here and QQ to bioware.

Yea, it's completely insane to think they would put something in the patch notes that wasn't true!

Suffice it to say, he said /stuck moved him while he was in combat. I used it half a dozen times last night on various fights that went bad in EC and died instantly every single time...like what happens when you use stuck in combat..like what has happened the entire duration of the live game when using stuck in combat. I don't doubt he's bs'ing. 20 minutes went by and he didn't log out, he didn't drop group, stuck didn't work like it has every single time I've ever used it, and he didn't die after 2 mins. Not just him but "another guy in his raid". Sure buddy. You're telling the truth. I totally believe you.

Edited by Niil

Suffice it to say, he said /stuck moved him while he was in combat. I used it half a dozen times last night on various fights that went bad in EC and died instantly every single time...like what happens when you use stuck in combat..like what has happened the entire duration of the live game when using stuck in combat. I don't doubt he's bs'ing. 20 minutes went by and he didn't log out, he didn't drop group, stuck didn't work like it has every single time I've ever used it, and he didn't die after 2 mins. Not just him but "another guy in his raid". Sure buddy. You're telling the truth. I totally believe you.

I'm forced to agree. He is probably just trying to get us all to beg to get Exit Area back. "Bioware, it's inconvenient that we can't exit area any more. Plus: Behold the Injustice!!"

Honestly, though, I don't fully get why they took it from us. I'm a tank so it hardly matters to me. But for the rest of the raid it is nice to avoid those repair costs. I don't care how cheap you think they are, they are obnoxious.

I'm forced to agree. He is probably just trying to get us all to beg to get Exit Area back. "Bioware, it's inconvenient that we can't exit area any more. Plus: Behold the Injustice!!"

Honestly, though, I don't fully get why they took it from us. I'm a tank so it hardly matters to me. But for the rest of the raid it is nice to avoid those repair costs. I don't care how cheap you think they are, they are obnoxious.

They took exit area away because it had a tendency to bug encounters. Yes, I know, it shouldn't bug them in the first place. I don't disagree with that. But until they figure out why it's happening, better to remove it than frustrate raiders with bosses that don't leave combat or additional bugs caused by exit area.

@OP: I have a very hard time believing you. First, a Mind Trap does not take 20 minutes to kill you. It's significantly shorter than that. I've seen DPSers trapped inside them, just like how you described, and they're dead after a minute or so: a far cry from 20. Secondly, if you're in a FP/OP and in combat, /stuck will kill you. I've been in a Mind Trap -- the only one -- and /stuck killed me.

Hyperbole really doesn't get you anywhere.

Edited by Mavery

I just happen to redid SOA HM after 1.2 and:

- /stuck when into a MT kills you instantly (Like the whole rest of the game... /stuck in combat = death)

- After 1.2 there is no mob inside... The 2m debuff you get kills you also when it fades (Didn't try to check if I could right click on it to die faster... Now that I remember).

Specifically for OPS/HMs (On Real in combat emergencies):

- Leaving your group starts a 60s Timer that kicks you out of the Phase you are in.

So in short... The OP has suffered the worst case of unreported bugs chain on this MMO history or...

...He is one of those cheap-asses that cares nothing about the ppl that actually stays so he could bail with 0 costs before and it's just fabricating crap to "justify" a rollback of a must-have feature for PvE.

Edited by ragamer

Okay while I completely agree that it was a stupid idea on their part. Why on earth would you and your raid sit there for 20 minutes? You realize you could have just left the raid and been booted out of the instance in like 20 seconds right? <_<

Considering some of the instance bugs I've seen in Operations, where some of us were put in different raid instances - I would not recommend dropping the raid. Especially if the instance ownership is currently assigned to you.

I fail to understand why Exit Area was disabled too. Though, I'll go farther and say that I miss the days when we weren't locked into an mocked up "arena" for every boss encounter.

Edited by Raeln

I just happen to redid SOA HM after 1.2 and:

- /stuck when into a MT kills you instantly (Like the whole rest of the game... /stuck in combat = death)

- After 1.2 there is no mob inside... The 2m debuff you get kills you also when it fades (Didn't try to check if I could right click on it to die faster... Now that I remember).

Specifically for OPS/HMs (On Real in combat emergencies):

- Leaving your group starts a 60s Timer that kicks you out of the Phase you are in.

So in short... The OP has suffered the worst case of unreported bugs chain on this MMO history or...

...He is one of those cheap-asses that cares nothing about the ppl that actually stays so he could bail with 0 costs before and it's just fabricating crap to "justify" a rollback of a must-have feature for PvE.

If a game developer cannot guarantee a bug-free experience, then the "counter" to get around those bugs should have no opportunity cost for the player. In this case, Exit Area solved this problem nicely in the past. Expecting players to suffer an opportunity cost due to a bug is not good customer service. It doesn't matter if repair costs are only 1 credit - expecting a player to put up with that is poor form for a professional business with as high of competition as there is in the MMORPG genre right now.

In short - disabling Exit Area was a bad move when there are numerous known bugs in Operations content across the board.

An MMO has many things in it that need addressing and tweeking, but every time I read changes to ANYTHING except to bugs in Operations I more and more start to pull towards that unsub button. I saw the same thing with Rift which was a great game in so many ways, but was so buggy in its raids that it made the game so frustrating.

Now I know some bugs or changes are easy to fix and shoot to the front of the line due to people wanting to just get issues off the board so they can tackle more hard ones, but raiding in this game is again so buggy that it just makes serious raiders who put in so much time to do their best to only wipe due to so many issues beyond their skill.

You can make up 100 reasons why these things take time or that they said they are addressing them, but when you constantly have patch after patch with tons of changes and fixes and rarely if ever see bugs in Ops being addressed, you can only start to think they just don't care as much about the raiders in their game.

In short - disabling Exit Area was a bad move when there are numerous known bugs in Operations content across the board.

This is beyond true. Yes repairs are very little, my rakata/black hole full red sorc is about 40k, which is not much at all, but still to make us suffer cause bugs cause so many wipes is just a slap in the face. We are in HM Denova, and way more wipes are caused from bugs then mistakes from our raiders. Which makes those wipe nights of learning that much more frustrating.

Only good thing about this is now people just die asap and not run and try to survive. So run backs are a little more quicker. But for all the wrong reasons.

Edited by Fraeblood
edited spaces in text

I haven't seen any bugs with Soa since 1.2, and have found the fight to be super easy, have one shot him on HM with people that never have done him before even.

When it comes to SM EC, i have not witnessed a single bug besides some of the trash respwaning (not a bug that would cause a wipe on a boss), and what i have seen/read of HM EC it is just the final boss that has a bug that makes him unbeatable... but i am sure very few players of this game are actually effected by that bug at this time.

So i call BS on the majority of people that come on here and complain that they need the "exit area button" in combat to prevent meaningless deaths due to buggy raid content...Start listing/reporting/verifying the bugs if you guys are not full of BS.

So i merged my tiny guild with a larger one awhile ago, and started going through the operations with them, and with some pugs. I found that while doing it with the new guild, every time someone died, they'd call out "x was bugged".

To be honest, i am very rarely effected by these "bugs" that some people seem to be a magnet for, and it seems to me calling "bug" on everything is more a face-saving measure for people with too big an ego to admit a mistake.

As it turns out, this larger guild collapsed on itself under the weight of massive egos of people who were, in their own words, better than us new people who joined (my group and others that merged too). Oddly enough, they were those people who seemed magnets for bugs that the rest of us never saw.

PS, The Ascended from Davik's Estate can continue to give each other virtual-head, while those of us who "suck" are laughing at them, bug free.

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

Exit area during a boss fight is a great way to get locked out of the instance, have to reset the instance and clear all the trash or otherwise waste a huge amount of time.

Just use /stuck, jump off something (no repair costs for falling deaths) or otherwise off yourself so that the boss resets properly. Any raid leader that'd let you do something that could set back the entire raid for 10+ minutes to avoid marginal repair costs is a bad raid leader.

Edited by dcgregorya