Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

keirhart
10.10.2017 , 01:20 PM | #3261
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
First, why should RP'ers have to "go play in the corner" and "find a place that players are not seeking active grouping"? Why can't those seeking groups "go find a place without RP'ers and play in that corner"?

Neither group should have to "play in the corner". The problem is that RP'ers are generally more respectful of those with different play styles than those with different play styles are of RP'ers.

Second, at this time, the "go to" RP server is Ebon Hawk, an east coast server. Why should they have to move to the west coast server?
Not trying to move the RP'ers away to "play in the corner" (something I never stated, so this is not quoting me, so that quote was only implied by you) ...

Rather, a lot of discussion focused on how RP'ers are the subject of a lot of 'bad attitude" comments and how they might benefit from retaining a server separate from those needing a large community. Bioware will not help this effort but I don't see why the RP'ers are not more empowered to set up shop and consolidate wherever they want and merely gave West Coast as an example. Only 2 servers, there are no corners anymore, that is the problem, it appears.

keirhart
10.10.2017 , 01:22 PM | #3262
Quote: Originally Posted by Khartu View Post
I notice there is a wide divergence in terms of the knowledge of "servers" in gaming and their history. When MMO's (and those close to the genre) arose there were technical limitations in the client/server model. Logical servers and physical servers were more or less the same thing and you were limited in how many players could be on a single server. There was not a choice about whether to have one large server or many smaller ones. In short, we were forced into it, no one really chose the multiple-server model.
This is a helpful post. Thanks.

fushnchips
10.11.2017 , 10:44 PM | #3263
So how many of the " I'm going to cancel my sub " crowd actually did if they got merged off the lonely server ? 0.1%
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

DWho
10.12.2017 , 02:05 AM | #3264
Quote: Originally Posted by fushnchips View Post
So how many of the " I'm going to cancel my sub " crowd actually did if they got merged off the lonely server ? 0.1%
Probably the same number as those who logged onto a dead server, then logged off and never returned. Or perhaps the number of people who returned to the game to a dead server and left again. Or any other number of reasons people "rage quit". The truth is there is no way to know since the merger is still about 2 weeks away. Most people who leave the game don't cancel their subs but rather let them expire since there are no refunds for "unused time". It gives them time to complain on the forums until their sub lapses.

Talon_strikes
10.20.2017 , 03:59 PM | #3265
I'm so happy that servers are finally being merged. Finally the pro-merge crowd was listened to. In fact this was actually around 3 years TOO LATE. There is NO excuse whatsoever for multiple dead servers to remain. If you don't like high populated servers then you're playing the wrong game. It was careless of the devs to let dead servers remain 3 years later. This is an MMO and I'm glad Keith is making more progress to make sure it plays like one. Sorry MMO snowflakes!
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

NeuroniaSW
10.20.2017 , 05:52 PM | #3266
I'm not super opposed to a server merge, as there are Flashpoints that I've never been able to launch or try and this will help, but I would like to have some sort of designated RP hub on one of the servers. A previous poster suggested a one month transfer (one way) to ensure commitment, and I'd go for that.

I guess the more vocal RPers (from Ebon Hawk in my case) will end up somewhere as they do, just wish there were a separate RP server.
--Star Forge--

Neuronia, Ursule, La'nikki'thelle,Neg-ronia,Pursomous

NuttySlayer
10.26.2017 , 02:40 PM | #3267
cant play game anymore to high ping

KristoKal
11.03.2017 , 12:41 AM | #3268
Hey, call me stupid, but I dont understand when exactly merge happend? Is it 8th or 28th?

OwenBrooks
11.03.2017 , 12:44 AM | #3269
Quote: Originally Posted by KristoKal View Post
Hey, call me stupid, but I dont understand when exactly merge happend? Is it 8th or 28th?
See http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20171002-0

November 8, 2017 United Forces Update is rolled out and everyone moves to five new servers with new names as follows: Two servers in North America and three servers in Europe one each of English, French, and German. You can expect extended downtime as we make the final improvements to the Server environments. Check the blog and FAQs to discover our new Server names.

Agamaras
11.05.2017 , 07:23 AM | #3270
Quote: Originally Posted by Cartiza View Post
Some of us don't want servers merged but the rest of you will never understand that. Just because you want to cue faster for things. Instead of merging servers why not have cross over for group finder instead. I picked my server for a reason if I wanted a high pop server I would of picked one. I shouldn't be forced to play on a high pop server.

There are many reason I don't want my server merged it's fine the way it is.

and I totally agree. Do not punish players for the games inability to foresee things or the inability to manage multiple servers..I don't want a merge and having just come back to the game, I may not stay because of it. I work nights and can very seldom do all these group things and I hate PvP. (the reason I'm here and not playing WOW)... There already are too many racist, terrible people in game on the server I am on..I don't like seeing women belittled and the N word used so constantly without a way to report the people.. Merging the servers down to a few certainly tells me a lot about the number of people still playing the game.. (Yes I have the Founder title) I am currently trying to determine the best server to play on because of the issue with people, forcing me to play with an abundance of terrible people just turns me off.