Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Merge Discussion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Merge Discussion Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ylliarus
08.14.2017 , 06:05 PM | #2281
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
No, you can't. One is a RP server and one is a PVE server - thus the populations are likely to be interested in different activities and may well be spread far more thinly across progenitor.

I know if I wanted to RP I sure as hell wouldn't hang around fleet yet I would if I was looking for PUGs ... fleet numbers aren't a great indicator.
Likely true, again it's not a big indicator but it could hint there's at least something going on, be it players with different interests or something else. But true, there are better indicators as to server health, i agree
The One, True Lord Ryssius
Playing SWTOR since November 2012
Darth Malgus [EU]

Ratajack
08.14.2017 , 06:08 PM | #2282
Quote: Originally Posted by Sareeph View Post
You are correct, everyone should be able to play without being harassed. The thing is, people are doing it to all groups, (let me reiterate) all groups. This thread has degenerated to "role-players are being specially targeted" and therefore we should not merge servers. I beg to differ. They even troll each other. People of all playstyles are being trolled. I started roleplaying when the original D&D with 3 6x8 paperback books in a boxed set, first came out. But even I find it ridiculous that one "specially targeted group" claims that others are putting themselves above this group and trying to force an issue. These others can say the same in rebuttal. You are saying they should pay to move an entire guild while losing assets like guild ships and decorations so as to not inconvenience you. Again, trolling is running rampant in this game and all groups are being targeted. What makes one group special?
While it is true that anyone wishing to play on a higher population server can do so NOW, I cannot remember anyone having said that BW shouldn't address and resolve the issues surrounding both individual and guild transfers.

The biggest difference is that those who oppose forced server merges are asking to retain the CHOICE of which server they choose to cal home--to have the opportunity to play on a server with a population and a community that meets their desires, not just the desires of those who want more LFG fodder at any cost.

MeNaCe-NZ
08.14.2017 , 06:10 PM | #2283
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
This very thread has had plenty of posts from people who intentionally moved AWAY from Harbinger and that are very happy on their current server and do not wish to be moved to a higher population server, let alone be forcibly merged into the cesspool of Harbinger's community. Almost all of the other "merge servers NOW!!!! I NEED more LFG fodder!!!!!" threads do, as well.

I have no hard numbers, but those factions do exist and should be acknowledged and not ignored or dismissed. Those people who have moved AWAY from Harbinger and any other players who do not want to be forcibly merged with Harbinger's toxic cesspool community should not be forced to do so
I guess it depends what you are defending against here ... are you saying "regardless" meaning even if they are on a dead PVP server they should not be forced off it or to harbinger (well they wouldn't be forced to harbinger as they could go to EH for example) OR are you saying this in regards to merging servers like EH to harbinger?

Where is your line here?

I think there are 2 different arugments going on in this thread and they are being treated like one.

Those for and against mega servers.
Those for and against any form of server merges.

PiiTarr
08.14.2017 , 06:10 PM | #2284
Err what? You literally stated he is resorting to personal attacks?

When your argument resorts to you saying you never said somethin that anyone can quote you as saying ... you've already lost.

Wow, great argumentative skills there.

Strawman does not mean what you think it means.
Ignoring your snark, attacking a community as a whole is a personal attack on everyone in that community, which is what he did. He then claimed he didn't attack anyone personally, and no, individually he did not, and I responded to that. You can twist it however you like, but quoting out of context is a great way to wind up looking foolish. He said "correct me if I'm wrong" and I replied "you're wrong." I defined strawman correctly, but you chose not to quote it.

MeNaCe-NZ
08.14.2017 , 06:11 PM | #2285
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Except that you have been doing the same thing. You cast insults at roleplayers and then turn around and say you are a roleplayer, which I am beginning to doubt. While roleplayers are not perfect neither is any group but yet in this thread you continue to insult roleplayers and then turn around and claim to be a roleplayer.

There is no group that is perfect but if you claim to be in a specific group it would seem that you would not insult the group you are part of.

I don't pvp but yet I don't call them names or insult them . Your problem is you want one thing one server when there has been other people saying compromise in 2 servers or 3 depending on what they want to do with the European server but yet when someone says that, they are told they are not trying to compromise, but yet they are. You are the one not trying to reach an agreement.
See this is more akin to strawman - he was stating RPers "Who want to be special snowflakes" - not ALL RPers unless you are implying ALL RPers want to be special snowflakes?

Context means a lot, the person throwing around strawman accusations could learn a bit.

Ylliarus
08.14.2017 , 06:13 PM | #2286
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Except that you have been doing the same thing. You cast insults at roleplayers and then turn around and say you are a roleplayer, which I am beginning to doubt. While roleplayers are not perfect neither is any group but yet in this thread you continue to insult roleplayers and then turn around and claim to be a roleplayer.

There is no group that is perfect but if you claim to be in a specific group it would seem that you would not insult the group you are part of.

I don't pvp but yet I don't call them names or insult them . Your problem is you want one thing one server when there has been other people saying compromise in 2 servers or 3 depending on what they want to do with the European server but yet when someone says that, they are told they are not trying to compromise, but yet they are. You are the one not trying to reach an agreement.
Want me to show you my RP files? Stories I wrote as well as some RP scenes I documented or made screenshots of? Honestly I'll happily share them with you so you can judge for yourself whether my claim of being an rp'er is right or wrong. As a matter of fact in the Fan Fiction part of these forums I posted a thread with stories I wrote about a character I roleplayed for years. It's called "Tales of Lord Kosmarr", feel free to read it! Also I can refer you to multiple people I had rp'ed with to confirm that I was an rp'er for years. Sadly the thing is that one can turn their own against them which was the case with the RP community and me.

And I am not trying to actively insult anyone, I am merely stating what experiences I have had with the RP community of the Progenitor as well as those of others that I had witnessed on the SWTOR-RP forums. The threads are there to read, I am not thinking up stuff to shame the RP community but the reasons why I name part of the RP community toxic and a cesspool (or better said it can be at times) are all there to be found and read. Multiple RP'ers I was friends with had moved to entire different games like ESO because of how horrible rp'ers would treat their fellow rp'ers. So I am not basing my statements on nothing, you know.
Darth Malgus [EU]

MeNaCe-NZ
08.14.2017 , 06:13 PM | #2287
Quote: Originally Posted by Ylliarus View Post
Likely true, again it's not a big indicator but it could hint there's at least something going on, be it players with different interests or something else. But true, there are better indicators as to server health, i agree
You COULD archive fleet size at regular intervals over a 3 month period to get a trend of server health and that's providing no content has been released that could skew the metric (e.g. new strongholds or odessan when it dropped ).

That could as a metric of sorts though no one will believe your stats.

MeNaCe-NZ
08.14.2017 , 06:16 PM | #2288
Quote: Originally Posted by PiiTarr View Post
Ignoring your snark, attacking a community as a whole is a personal attack on everyone in that community, which is what he did. He then claimed he didn't attack anyone personally, and no, individually he did not, and I responded to that. You can twist it however you like, but quoting out of context is a great way to wind up looking foolish. He said "correct me if I'm wrong" and I replied "you're wrong." I defined strawman correctly, but you chose not to quote it.
Oh so he DID personally attack a whole community now? You said he didn't though? I'm confused.
What he did do was state RPers who want to be special snowflakes, not all RPers. How is insulting RPers that want to be special snowflakes by stating they want to be special snowflakes insulting an entire community - oh and worse yet "personally attacking" them ... not sure how you personally attack a whole community but ok.

At least if that's what you are referring to (it's hard to say since you contradict yourself to begin with).

Also quoting your 2 statements made back to back is not out of context at all - it IS THE context. I suggest you take time and think through your posts before clicking submit reply because this post you havem ade here isn't improving things any.

Accusing people of things they've not actually done is really poor form.

Ylliarus
08.14.2017 , 06:19 PM | #2289
You COULD archive fleet size at regular intervals over a 3 month period to get a trend of server health and that's providing no content has been released that could skew the metric (e.g. new strongholds or odessan when it dropped ).

That could as a metric of sorts though no one will believe your stats.
No they likely wouldn't want to believe it no even if it was a carefully documented study verified and checked by multiple others. They'd rather stick to what they already agree with I am afraid.
Darth Malgus [EU]

PiiTarr
08.14.2017 , 06:21 PM | #2290
Oh so he DID personally attack a whole community now? You said he didn't though? I'm confused.
What he did do was state RPers who want to be special snowflakes, not all RPers. How is insulting RPers that want to be special snowflakes by stating they want to be special snowflakes insulting an entire community - oh and worse yet "personally attacking" them ... not sure how you personally attack a whole community but ok.

At least if that's what you are referring to (it's hard to say since you contradict yourself to begin with).

Also quoting your 2 statements made back to back is not out of context at all - it IS THE context. I suggest you take time and think through your posts before clicking submit reply because this post you havem ade here isn't improving things any.

Accusing people of things they've not actually done is really poor form.
Take your own advice. I don't have time to spoon feed you the rest of what you missed, but here's the stuff to which I was responding:

From post #2235
Also, sorry to say it but it sounds somewhat funny... the entire RP community shuddering and fearing a player will stand in their midst with their biggest mount.
From post #2253
Oh but I am not personally attacking anyone,
Correct me if I am wrong but it certainly feels that way with the quotation marks and such.