Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Some classes feel out of place

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Some classes feel out of place

Makrogai's Avatar


Makrogai
06.27.2015 , 02:11 PM | #1
Just going out there, classes feel out of place, especially non force sensetive ones

Lets take smuggler for instance, how the hell does he stand a chance against the emperor? Cant he just force break his/her neck in an instant? The smuggler is just an experienced Quickshot, nothing more, nothing else. Sure he can set up a few traps, if that fails hes dead. Even if it works its still a huge chance hell die.

Han solo, which is arguably better than the smuggler you can play was allowed to freely shoot at darth vader, he just blocked the shots with his bare hands. Luke had like 1 week of training and completely wrecked Vader.

Meaning, Vader wasnt that strong, Han solo still got his *** kicked by him. What chance does the voidwolf (The player chracter) stand against the Emperor?

Also trooper for example, Jace malcom (Trooper from 2nd Cinematic) didnt stand a chance against an apprentice/lord Malgus, Malgus is NOWHERE as powerful as the emperor (Sorry malgus, even though youre my favorite star wars character, you dont stand a chance) And jace still got destroyed. Satele shan didnt stand a chance either. Jace malcom is the best trooper alive.

Does that mean that the smuggler can beat satele shan 1v1? Does that mean the trooper can beat Satale shan? Satele shan lost twice to malgus. I may take game mechanics into too much consideration, but atleast give the classes different bosses like I dont know:

Gorla The Emperors Intelligence:

The emperors Intelligence is the highest ranking commander of the Emperor and none can match his cunning nor his tacticts. While incredibly hard to take down, its not impossible. An incredibly skillful Smuggler or a skilled trooper can probably bring him down with a tough and close fight
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Makrogai's Avatar


Makrogai
06.27.2015 , 02:16 PM | #2
Talking about Smuggler and trooper in general here. Imperial agent MIGHT stand a chance if they have a good opening. If that fails they're dead. Bounty hunter/Mandalorian has a bigger chance
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dayshadow's Avatar


Dayshadow
06.28.2015 , 12:45 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Makrogai View Post
Just going out there, classes feel out of place, especially non force sensetive ones

Lets take smuggler for instance, how the hell does he stand a chance against the emperor? Cant he just force break his/her neck in an instant? The smuggler is just an experienced Quickshot, nothing more, nothing else. Sure he can set up a few traps, if that fails hes dead. Even if it works its still a huge chance hell die.

Han solo, which is arguably better than the smuggler you can play was allowed to freely shoot at darth vader, he just blocked the shots with his bare hands. Luke had like 1 week of training and completely wrecked Vader.

Meaning, Vader wasnt that strong, Han solo still got his *** kicked by him. What chance does the voidwolf (The player chracter) stand against the Emperor?

Also trooper for example, Jace malcom (Trooper from 2nd Cinematic) didnt stand a chance against an apprentice/lord Malgus, Malgus is NOWHERE as powerful as the emperor (Sorry malgus, even though youre my favorite star wars character, you dont stand a chance) And jace still got destroyed. Satele shan didnt stand a chance either. Jace malcom is the best trooper alive.

Does that mean that the smuggler can beat satele shan 1v1? Does that mean the trooper can beat Satale shan? Satele shan lost twice to malgus. I may take game mechanics into too much consideration, but atleast give the classes different bosses like I dont know:

Gorla The Emperors Intelligence:

The emperors Intelligence is the highest ranking commander of the Emperor and none can match his cunning nor his tacticts. While incredibly hard to take down, its not impossible. An incredibly skillful Smuggler or a skilled trooper can probably bring him down with a tough and close fight
I don't consider the smuggler or trooper to be canon when it comes to dealing with bigshot force users which pretty much sidelines them for a lot of the newer content. You don't even have to go up to Emperor level. The smuggler taking on Darth Decimus is laughable. On Tatooine that sith chick deflected all his shots and took this weapon out of his hand like it was nothing (if you chose LS options). Obviously, any powerful force user would stump them into the ground within the first 5 seconds. Cutscene power mysteriously vanishes during gameplay for obvious reasons.

Luke had more than a weeks training. There was a good deal of time between Ep5 and Ep6. Also Luke was simply stronger in the force than Vader. Force power works like Dragon Ball. Whoever has the higher power level wins 99 out of 100 times.

And you are right. They need to have bosses appropriate to their class.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
06.28.2015 , 02:10 AM | #4
They mirrored the classes badly.

Trooper should be equivalent to Imperial Agent aka the pro military line.

While Smuggler should be equivalent to Bounty Hunter aka the freelance opportunists.

Storywise they are all supporting the force users despite being the main part of any army.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Kelleth's Avatar


Kelleth
06.28.2015 , 02:46 AM | #5
OP:
The reasons you mention, is exactly why I have problems playing non-force users, they just don't fit into the story.
And Force users feel a little strange... I play a warrior, but most of the time, I feel more like an errand boy than a Sith Lord.
But, then again, the Warrior is a more "hands-on" than the rest of the Sith you meet in the game.
Same with the Inquisitor, but it still feels a little strange running around, scanning stuff and picking flowers.
Jun'ko Zane - Level 70 Commando - The Red Eclipse.
Selina Wren - Level XX Mercenary - The Red Eclipse.

Dayshadow's Avatar


Dayshadow
06.28.2015 , 11:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
They mirrored the classes badly.

Trooper should be equivalent to Imperial Agent aka the pro military line.

While Smuggler should be equivalent to Bounty Hunter aka the freelance opportunists.

Storywise they are all supporting the force users despite being the main part of any army.
I like they way they did it. In terms of their relationship to their factions the trooper is akin to the agent. The smuggler is akin to the BH.

The exact class doesn't matter. Mirror is mirror.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

DARTHOSIRUS's Avatar


DARTHOSIRUS
06.29.2015 , 12:00 AM | #7
Han Solo is a damn good smuggler and probably on par with swtor smuggler, but he stood no chance against someone like Vader. People seem to forget Vader is far more powerful than even very powerful sith. He is estimated to be 80% the power of Sidious.

In the movies the best example of a non force user holding his own with a powerful force user is Jango Fett vs. Obi wan Kenobi. Fett gave Kenobi a pretty decent fight.

The way I see it trooper, smuggler, bounty hunter, and agent in swtor are the absolute best at what they do by far. They are strong enough to dance with force users, but its a stretch to believe they can defeat The Emperor or elite sith/jedi council members.

raandomname's Avatar


raandomname
06.29.2015 , 02:13 PM | #8
Nitpicking:
1. Voidwolf>Han Solo
2. Darth Vader is immensly powerful. He's litteraly stronger then almost anyone in this game.
3. Malcom didnt do that badly against Malgus and Malgus>>>>>average Sith
To answer your question:
It is really the only way to allow for the existence of non-force user classes. Otherwise the devs would basically have had to re-do an easier version of basically the entire game without force users and that would not have worked out for obvious reasons. While I get that the smuggler beating a Sith Lord isnt realistic, I do like the way in which force users arent all powerful in this game. I also appreciate that the devs actually put in the effort to create abilities that actually make sense and are believable in being effective even against force users (excpt for the pure retardation that is the Scrapper discipline ofc).

Frenesi's Avatar


Frenesi
06.29.2015 , 02:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by raandomname View Post
excpt for the pure retardation that is the Scrapper discipline ofc
That's becouse IRL the first scrapper's backblast is also the last one. Almost no amount of force using will save you from huge hole in your chest.
I just dropped in
To see in what condition my condition was in

Referal with some free crap.

Kaisernick's Avatar


Kaisernick
06.29.2015 , 03:23 PM | #10
In this timeline u cant throw a ball without hitting a dosen force users.

Since Jedi and Sith are so common its not hard to see others training to fight them.