Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which story was the best on the Empire side?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which story was the best on the Empire side?

smballer
03.15.2012 , 10:49 PM | #1
I recently beat Jedi Knight storyline and played it to level 50 on the Republic side, I also played Consular until that story bored me to death.

For Empire, which character is worth rolling? Sith Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter, or Imperial Agent?

I don't want to play Warrior, becuase combat-wise it seems very close to Jedi Knight and I've heard the story is pretty predictable for it

Ehlin
03.15.2012 , 10:59 PM | #2
I did the Jedi Knight's storyline then tried to do consular, horrible mistake. Consular storyline is very boring imo. So I know fully well how you feel in regards to that.
On the empire side I've done the majority of the Bounty Hunter storyline and a little of the Imperial Agents, I recommend the BH. Thus far it is my favorite class quest line.

-Fal-
03.15.2012 , 11:00 PM | #3
Imperial agent!
It's just an object, doesn't mean what you think.

FadeLei
03.15.2012 , 11:07 PM | #4
You coould play as the opposite advanced class Marauder/Jugg, i really enjoyed the SW story.
Other than that, Agent is really good.
BH act 1 is kinda samey
IDK about sorc sorry, must be the only person on our server without a sorc/cons :P

Helig
03.15.2012 , 11:13 PM | #5
Agent story is amazing. Excellent dynamics, great plot twists, lies, deception, betrayal, James Bond style.

Warrior story is close second. A lot of juicy, A-grade pathos. Great voicework, ludicrous characters (Baras alone is a piece of art), predictable-in-a-good-way storyline. I liked playing Grey\Light, because I felt that it added another layer of inner struggle to the narrative (encounter in the Tatooine Oasis alone is worth it). Played Dark Side in Beta and was mildly unamused. Guess it goes the same for Jedi. Dark Jedi Knight was so infinitely more awesome than Light...
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Xioshen
03.16.2012 , 03:29 AM | #6
I personally liked the Assassin story above all.

AetherMcLoud
03.16.2012 , 04:48 AM | #7
Both Bounty Hunter and Agent stories are simply amazing. Agent if more James Bond-ish, while the Hunter is more Firefly-ish.

Inquisitor story I found extremely boring and predictable.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

atomic_coffee
03.16.2012 , 05:02 AM | #8
Agent's story is probably the best, with lots of twists and turns of events. BH is a very solid one (also I personally really like mandalorians), and this class has the best companions (personality-wise) except Skadge. Warrior's story is predictable, but that doesn't make it worse than agent's and BH's ones; hell, the characters you encounter on your path to glory are unforgettable (my favourites are Baras and Darth Vowrawn, such a charming sith gentleman!), and playing a neutral/lawful evil-oriented SW is more rewarding than going full darkside psycho mode.
Avoid Inquisitor. It's really boring and makes zero sense most of time.
≖‿≖

Alavastre
03.16.2012 , 05:41 AM | #9
SI is a pretty good story. You start as a slave and overcome your obstacles. Likewise, the Consular story was terrible. I'm interested in what story to play next, I think I'm going with the IA story, but I kind of want to do the BH one.

On a side note, the Consular story ruined the Republic for me. I'll go back, but I'm an Empire player for a while.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Yogurta
03.16.2012 , 05:42 AM | #10
Empire side, Imperial Agent is my personal favorite.
Bounty Hunter, haven't palyed to 50, but 1st chapter is great, and then I lost interest in the story.
Warrior and Inquisitor palyed only till 20-ish, but warrior seems more interesting.

Republic side, I really liked the Jedi Knight story, while Consular story seems the worst of all.
Trooper is not bad, but kind of lost interest by end of chapter 1. Smuggler story failed to intrigue me at all at early levels and thus I never managed to play it more.

TLDR: for Empire, go Agent, for Republic go Jedi knight.