Armormech Crafting Guide

TheLastWolfman

Nice Guide ;)

Alright, so here's my situation: I've been working hard on the "Dread Scout" gear. I learned the two patterns from dropped patterns as such:

- Schematic: TD-07A Dread Scout Headgear

- Schematic: TD-07A Dread Scout Leggings

I've crafted them (Tier 1- Blue), reversed them, and created the "Overkill" and "Critical" versions (Tier 2 - Purple) of the item.

Now here's where it gets a bit sticky... I've created and reversed a ton of the "Overkill" (Tier 2 - Purple) versions of these items, but reversing never seems to return a Tier 3 version of these armors.

For further research, I decided to start watching the Galactic Marketplace on my server on all armor types, light/medium/heavy, and haven't yet seen a single piece of Vehemence/Expert/etc (Tier 3 - Purple, Superior) armor yet. The only thing I ever see is Redoubt/Critical/Overkill, for any of the Level 50 craftables.

Does anyone have a screenshot of a Tier 3 - Purple armormech crafted piece of gear from these level 50 pieces of gear? I've seen a ton of lower level Tier 3 pieces, but have yet to see anyone that's created a level 50 tier 3 like these. Before I burn through more Mandalorian Iron (the Grade 6 Purple UT Metal), I'd rather get some confirmation of sorts proving that this is possible and not bugged! :)

ive got the same shems and tried it a million time but so far i got no higher shem. made a ticket, the answer was a link to this thread....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got the same shems and tried it a million time but so far i got no higher shem. made a ticket, the answer was a link to this thread....

Hi All,

We know from the Dev posts, that the RE drop rate especially on higher level schematics is "not working as intended" and that they are going to be making some changes in the future.

I can only assume that both of you are victims of a very very low % chance to RE to the Tier 2 prefix schematics on this gear.

I would suggest holding off on trying for these rarest of beasts until they have made some changes. Alternatively, getting these now pre improvement, would be a serious feather in the cap for a crafter ;)

I am, I must admit quite humbled by the fact support is quoting this thread in response to tickets, and hope we can all keep the good information flowing to make it worthwhile.

If that is the case, then I guess I should throw out the "Should this thread be stickied?" question.

Again a big thanks to all the posters here, I will try and make some time to update the main post with latest info this week.

Regards

Wolf

Im trying to find a niche and bracers n belts do sell its sporadic atm at best. How do you come up with a good price for a lvl? i try to search weapons or other items around same lvl but i would appreciate a better way to do this lol, as im terrible at matket, but like to craft. I try to sell only lvl 25+ items to about 43, and most of the time only aug slotted.

Nice Guide ;)

Alright, so here's my situation: I've been working hard on the "Dread Scout" gear. I learned the two patterns from dropped patterns as such:

- Schematic: TD-07A Dread Scout Headgear

- Schematic: TD-07A Dread Scout Leggings

I've crafted them (Tier 1- Blue), reversed them, and created the "Overkill" and "Critical" versions (Tier 2 - Purple) of the item.

Now here's where it gets a bit sticky... I've created and reversed a ton of the "Overkill" (Tier 2 - Purple) versions of these items, but reversing never seems to return a Tier 3 version of these armors.

For further research, I decided to start watching the Galactic Marketplace on my server on all armor types, light/medium/heavy, and haven't yet seen a single piece of Vehemence/Expert/etc (Tier 3 - Purple, Superior) armor yet. The only thing I ever see is Redoubt/Critical/Overkill, for any of the Level 50 craftables.

Does anyone have a screenshot of a Tier 3 - Purple armormech crafted piece of gear from these level 50 pieces of gear? I've seen a ton of lower level Tier 3 pieces, but have yet to see anyone that's created a level 50 tier 3 like these. Before I burn through more Mandalorian Iron (the Grade 6 Purple UT Metal), I'd rather get some confirmation of sorts proving that this is possible and not bugged! :)

I have seen Elite Vanguard Helm (blue), REd to Redoubt Elite Vanguard Helm (Purple), REd to Anti-Armor Elite Vanguard Helm. I have also seen Veracity Elite Medic Leggings as well.

What I have noticed as well... Going from Redoubt to Anti-Armor should add Defense twice but looking at the item on the GTN, it only added defense once (for the redoubt). I can not 100% confirm since the display bug is still floating around.

Ive also noticed that Enforcer Gloves are indeed slightly better then Ultramesh Gloves but not a good enough improvement to account for the extra 2 iron per craft at the first pruple stage (enforcer gloves come blue).

Tier 3 artifact recipes will always require a artifact mat. Currently only Rich yeild underworld trading missions reward artifact mats.

Not sure if that was true then, certainly isn't now. You only get the purple materials on a critical mission success.

Moderate Mission - 2 Blue materials, 4 Blue + 2 Purple on crit success

Abundant Mission - 4 Blue materials, 6 Blue + 3 Purple on crit success

Bountiful Mission - 6 Blue Materials, 8 Blue + 4 Purple on crit success

Rich Mission - 8 Blue Materials, 10 Blue + 5 Purple on crit success

I've not done higher missions.

Oddly, I think I've only seen schematics on Moderate missions, and it hasn't mattered if they have been crit successes or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi

I have a so many items i can craft, that when opening the crafting list, it sometimes bugs out.

Is there a way to extract a list of items one can craft? Would bu nice to get a txt file or whatever, so a db can be created. The sorting ingame is not good enough imho, so i have lost track of what i need to RE to get next tier, thus ending up with stuff i can't RE.

Hi

I have a so many items i can craft, that when opening the crafting list, it sometimes bugs out.

Is there a way to extract a list of items one can craft? Would bu nice to get a txt file or whatever, so a db can be created. The sorting ingame is not good enough imho, so i have lost track of what i need to RE to get next tier, thus ending up with stuff i can't RE.

1) Old thread. Probably would have been better to start your own.

2) You should see a tooltip when you mouse over something that will potentially yield new schematics.

If you are an armormech, the only things that you can't research (off the top of my head) are purple, orange, or augment kits (not augments, just the kits). Everything else is researchable.

You just have to figure out if it is worthwhile to pursue research on some items.