Sorcs/Sages need some love

DaroxSKSKSKSKSKS

...in the form of improved DcD's. For a while now, those 2 mirror specs have been powercrept into oblivion, when it comes to damage mitigation. They are literally a liability in PvP, and in FPs, the moment they get focused at all, they die. They are already squishy as it is, and bad DcD's don't help. Force Barrier's cooldown is too long, it should be cut in half (no need to buff it, just slashing the CD from 3min to 90 seconds should do it). It should also be gained earlier during leveling... say... lvl35-40 maybe.

Alternatively, if you don't want to touch Force Barrier, Static Barrier could use a buff. Say - double the damage absorption amount, and utility skills that buff the absorb-percentage of it.

Or the 25% damage resistance from aggro-drop utility can be extended from 6sec to 12 sec, and buffed to 30%. That would also probably do the trick.

(As an aside, not all 3 of these together, that would be overpowered. One of these.)

Just my take on it.

Edited by DaroxSKSKSKSKSKS

Been calling for defensive buffs for sorcs/sages for some time, so I agree they need something. What I find funny, is that we have almost no defense without spending skill points, a lot of what we can pick there should be already available through leveling. I played all other classes, and they are a lot more capable of defending themselves, despite being range.

They say melee should have more damage, because their DPS can be done only in melee, but, they gave them so much gape closers and defensive cooldowns that it is ridiculous. Not saying to nerf them, buff sorcs/sages....

This is ridiculous.

Sorcerer have best defensive abilities in game of all dps classes. Basically if you're playing sorc you can't die unless on purpose.

If anything, sorcerer needs a massive nerf especially that god mode bubble.

This is ridiculous.

Sorcerer have best defensive abilities in game of all dps classes. Basically if you're playing sorc you can't die unless on purpose.

While you are at it, nerf that self heal to full health for juggs, makes you practically kill them twice.... While we must stay stationary, can't attack and don't get any heals (unless you pick heal skill on the legendary) Yes, I agree, very OP. To summarize.... We have bubble that breaks after one or two hits, sprint or whatever, petty self heal, that teleport thingy (which is almost useless with all the gap closers), and "God" mode bubble. Which one do you find the best defensive ability?

Edited by Xargas

This is ridiculous.

Oh sure... a god mode bubble that lasts 8 seconds every 3 mins, after which we're dead meat. Very OPd. Meanwhile, Juggs need to be killed twice, Mercs can heal up to 75%, Maras have multiple on-demand DcDs, Sins can shrug off all force/tech attacks for 5 seconds, Operatives can heal/dps/tank at the same time with their multitude of utility skills, while having the shortest CD DcDs. Snipers can bunker down into a fortress.

Sure... we are SO very powerful. Not. Your comment tells me you never played a Sorc.

Been calling for defensive buffs for sorcs/sages for some time, so I agree they need something. What I find funny, is that we have almost no defense without spending skill points, a lot of what we can pick there should be already available through leveling. I played all other classes, and they are a lot more capable of defending themselves, despite being range.

They say melee should have more damage, because their DPS can be done only in melee, but, they gave them so much gape closers and defensive cooldowns that it is ridiculous. Not saying to nerf them, buff sorcs/sages....

Agreed on all counts. Sorcs and Sages have been powercrept for a long time now.

Leveled up a Lethality oper to 75, and 306gear, after a Madness sorc. To say the two are unbalanced is an understatement. The oper wipes the floor with the sorc 99 times out of a 100, without even trying. It's ridiculous.

Edited by DaroxSKSKSKSKSKS

Oh

Sure... we are SO very powerful. Not. Your comment tells me you never played a Sorc.

I main Corruption sorc and i played madness alot too.

In almost every warzone i participated there was sorc in top3. Nuff said. In every HM and NiM OP ive been sorc dps is overrepresented.

If YOU cant play your class its only your issue.

In almost every warzone i participated there was sorc in top3. Nuff said. In every HM and NiM OP ive been sorc dps is overrepresented.

If they are heal spec, maybe. And I'm not talking about Corruption sorc. Healing sorcs are in a good spot, and i consider them a class apart from DPS sorcs. I'm talking about DPS sorcs. Madness and Lightning. And they are criminally easy to kill. Also I'm not talking about operations. Ops are all about the tanks and how well can they prevent wipes. Any dps that gets focused dies, so that's irrelevant.

I'm talking about real-game experiences. I'm talking about 1 on 1 duels. Put either DPS sorc spec against any other dps class, they are 90% likely to lose, because of their crappy DcDs and vulnerability. I got a Madness sorc too. Full gear, lvl75. Dueled a full-gear Sniper (all specs) - lost. Dueled a full-gear Merc (both DPS specs) - lost against Arsenal, won against IO (baaarely). Dueled a full-gear Oper (both DPS specs) - lost. Juggs and Maras - let's not even go there. They eat DPS sorcs for breakfast.

So my point stands. And you bringing up Corruption is immaterial. It's a healing spec that is well known for being a wall to kill. I'm talking about Sorcs that CAN'T outheal the damage they receive. Try playing those, better yet, try dueling using either sorc DPS spec, and you'll see what i'm talking about. Corruption is easy-mode.

No, im talking about dps sorcs.

Do you even have minimal reading comprehension? Or you missed that part when i was mentioning madness on purpose?

Go learn to play. Seriously. Read a guide or two.

Back in the day when Ossus was new my madness sorc got attacked in pvp instance by jedi sentinels or jedi guardians every day. Some of them were in 252 gear while i was still in 230-236. I lost like once. How can a person be so bad at their class they cant win a duel with merc or sniper is totally beyond me.

No, im talking about dps sorcs.

Do you even have minimal reading comprehension? Or you missed that part when i was mentioning madness on purpose?

Go learn to play. Seriously. Read a guide or two.

Back in the day when Ossus was new my madness sorc got attacked in pvp instance by jedi sentinels or jedi guardians every day. Some of them were in 252 gear while i was still in 230-236. I lost like once. How can a person be so bad at their class they cant win a duel with merc or sniper is totally beyond me.

"Jedi Sentinels OR Jedi Guardians every day." Aha. Riiiight. And then you also dueled and defeated two snipers at once, and a few troopers for good measure.

Any other fish-tales you wish to relate? I'm amused.

Being on top means nothing, I am not full geared and I come out on top sometimes. You avoided my questions though, what do sorcs have that is sooo OP, that we are so hard to kill? By no means I am saying that it is impossible to kill someone, but it seems that sorcs usually a free meat for other classes, even by observation, I don't mind putting more effort, but I am tired of noticing how unfair the situation is for sorcs. So again, what is our OPed ability?

Edited by Xargas