Does a DPS Assasin exist ^^.......

shindaraa

I really would like to know if my DPS gets better in comparison to a Bounty Hunter, I play nearly all the time with a BH (Powertech) in pve and pvp at my side. And damn he out dmgs me :(, sadly he out tanks me too, I have the best equip for my lvl (18) pvp gear and Hammer station stuff.

Does this get better or is the assassin just mediocre everywhere but cant shine unless specialized (and if, can she damage any good at all again in comparison to other dps classes ^^).

Don't misunderstand me the Assasin is not bad and i have most of the time more kills in pvp then my BH buddy but the dps in pvp and in Pve is just so much higher than my own, i can only get through thanks to CC.

let's say there are 6 opponents same lvl or higher, they are all dead so fast that i cant even kill 2 of them.

In Ppp I look at the Health bars i kill my opponents with cc, he just obliterates them.

Question is does that change later on ???

Edited by shindaraa

in this scenario it seems like it comes down too he's killing mobs while your still walking to them. esp since im betting your stealthed. also field of vision generally gives ranged dps an advantage over melee. new mobs joining the fight or appearing behind you, you may not see where as the range might. just my 2 credits

in this scenario it seems like it comes down too he's killing mobs while your still walking to them. esp since im betting your stealthed. also field of vision generally gives ranged dps an advantage over melee. new mobs joining the fight or appearing behind you, you may not see where as the range might. just my 2 credits

I'm going to agree here.

In beta, I had a similar issue. The ranged DPS were killing things before I could run up to them and tank (I'm a tankasin). I felt pretty ineffectual, in a group anyway.

Yesterday, I ran the 4-man heroic Pound of Flesh on Nar Shaddaa. I was tank, had a sorc healing (though he said he was mostly DPS, still damn fine heals), a Marauder, and a BH on ranged DPS. Of course, I wasn't killing anything instantly, nor were they, but they had apparently had bad group experiences in previous MMOs as they waited patiently for me to engage the mobs, get a bit of aggro and then we dropped them. I consistently had aggro and we were only foiled or had a death when a pat would wander in. But, in those cases, I picked up the wandering mob reasonably quick and again, that sorc had damn fine heals. should've put him on my friends list.

This doesn't answer the question about does the DPS improve, but I think it supports the ranged/melee perception that you're experiencing as something slightly similar happened to me. once in the thick of it, missiles and grenades exploding about, whirling blades of plasma and arcs of lightning flying about, it seemed like I was tanking and the marauder seemed to do the same as the BH. Mobs dropped quick because we focused on them, but no one seemed to be out-damaging anyone else.

The questions you should be asking yourself is: Should a character that has CC's and Stealth do the same amount of damage per second as a charachter that is pure dps without stealth and CC's. and secondly: Is it more important to have high dps or is it more important to be able to do high Burst damage.

As for "Does it get beter": you're level 18 if i understood your post correctly so you don't have all your skills yet so the ballance will still change (the same goes for your friend ofcourse)

But after all this the thing that pisses me off when i read posts like this is:

"Don't misunderstand me the Assasin is not bad and i have most of the time more kills in pvp then my BH buddy"

HOW THE .... CAN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT YOUR DPS WHEN YOUR CLASS IS BETER THEN THE CLASS YOU COMPARE IT TO

Edited by SirGlacius

As some have already suggested above I don't think this will change. If you only want to pull big numbers Sith Assassin is maybe not the right choice for you.

I play a Jedi Shadow (if you didn't know that's the mirror class) and in PvP I'm always at about 70-80% of the top dmg dealer no matter how hard I try. However I dare to say our job is NOT to pull big numbers, it's to control the battlefield and make sure those capable of pulling big numbers can do their job. In pvp I guard allies who need it, taunt people attacking my healers and CC the crap out of them. I'd say this is our job and I wouldn't want it any other way!

If you go all the way up in the dps skill tree you should be able to pull bigger numbers for sure (I'm tank specced) but as someone already stated, with all the "control abilities" we have it would just be OP if we could also hit as hard as pure dps classes.

Your anger makes you strong my friend :p....

No seriously in pvp its more like he is new to pvp in mmos and I played a lot, and yea I think when bioware says that the classes are about the same in dps I hope it's true (dont get me wrong that's not a troll post [they did a great job]). burst dmg omg when he uses all his heat his dmg can spike enormously.

When it comes to stealth, yea stealth is nice, but it's not all.

My question was are they about equal (if skilled for dps) in killing speed.

edit:

I suppose you are right the cc is strong, but I thought the other classes would get many cc abilities too later on.

Edited by shindaraa

at low levels BHs tend to have lots of strong aoe, so when playing against normal content (non elites) they will just waste most things at once.

If you group with one at low levels just ignore the weaker enemies and head straight for the stronger ones so you can finish them off.

Later on damage does not scale as well with mob health, and you wont see anyone just aoeing everything down instantly every fight.

Any IAs you have grouped with before the mid 20s are not doing anywhere near what they will in a few levels either by the way.

I honestly dont know how assassins work since its the one AC i never played in beta, but i dont i dont hear any complaints about them later on, so im sure they, like everyone else, just dont really start to develop till the mid 20s, and lack gimmicks like the BHs have to make low levels easy by just aoeing everything.

When I've done flashpoints (lvl 25 now, done Hammer and Athiss) I've found myself do pretty decent DPS. I'm Madness specced and can nuke down a mob pretty fast. Usually faster then the others.

But I have a gap. After my first burst, I have to build up some force to nuke again. Although, on bosses I can use a more substained DPS rotation with the DOTs and so forth.

Since you are pvping and stealthed I assume you're playing deception. In pvp you're probably going to do more killing then damage because you're supposed to ninja in and burst people down, cc and stealth away.

In a pve environment; you're likely doing less aoe then him (hence cleaving less mobs) and likely doing massive overkill ('wasting' damage by two shotting mobs) with your abilities so you feel like you're doing less damage.

I know the power of the Dark Side

I am the fire of hate

anger makes us strong indeed :mad:

But yeh my point was the CC's you have at level 18 with an assassin are probably beter then a BH will have at level 50. (i played Vanguard till 50 in beta i'm gessing BH is about the same)

DPS is prity similar between the classes so your BH friend will at some point feel like he does the same amout of damage as you do but lacks the steath and CC's but it's mainly a feeling not realy a fact. Assassin will give you much more freedom and personaly i prefer that type of character (Harder to master but flexible)

As you get more used to playing the game (the "no auto attack" requires a little getting used to) you will have more time to look around and plan ahead and once you do that you can get to mobs faster and use melee skills. HOWEVER ranged classes do have a obvious advantage becouse even a less skilled/concentrated player can get in high damage. I realy wanted to role a marauder so i did in beta till level 20 but the fact that i had no range skills, little CC and no stealth made me hate the class. Later on i found out that at higher level all this changes.

Edited by SirGlacius