Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sniper/Gunslinger Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Sniper/Gunslinger Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArcTrooperElite's Avatar


ArcTrooperElite
07.19.2015 , 10:44 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by BaineOs View Post
So how would this benefit engineering or marksman?
Well Marksman and Engineering would benefit from a reduced cost on takedown as well. I don't play Engineering because I think it's cumbersome and doesnt work well in a lot of fights. The current 6 pc set bonus works wonderfully with MM but the loss of the energy reduction on take down adversely affects virulence energy management and often means you cant use the ability when in procs.

Whojoo's Avatar


Whojoo
07.20.2015 , 04:12 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by ArcTrooperElite View Post
Well Marksman and Engineering would benefit from a reduced cost on takedown as well. I don't play Engineering because I think it's cumbersome and doesnt work well in a lot of fights. The current 6 pc set bonus works wonderfully with MM but the loss of the energy reduction on take down adversely affects virulence energy management and often means you cant use the ability when in procs.
(PvE perspective)
Camel and I have stated multiple times in this thread that Virulence does not need the energy reduction on Takedown.
Both other diciplines do not need it either.
Yes Engineering uses it less, but not every dicipline has to use every single ability we have. Besides Engineering does use Takedown, just as a finisher instead of a filler.

In PvE Snipers are fine, really. The devs just need to find a way to adjust a few things to benefit PvP to keep our PvP'ers happy.
The Red Eclipse
Republic Enforcers Suddenly Taken Over

xAZUREx's Avatar


xAZUREx
07.20.2015 , 07:09 AM | #53
2: Accuracy/Alacrity X%
4: Cunning X%
6: Critical X%

Like the old skill trees could let you do.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: (Kazama Legacy)
<A New Hope> <Sith Crusaders>
There is no force, there is only FUS RO DAH

Camelpockets's Avatar


Camelpockets
07.20.2015 , 07:57 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by xAZUREx View Post
2: Accuracy/Alacrity X%
4: Cunning X%
6: Critical X%

Like the old skill trees could let you do.
Not really necessary. At our current tier of gear (PvE) we are hitting the diminishing returns with these stats, so we would be hitting dps loss rather than a gain using this setup.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

xAZUREx's Avatar


xAZUREx
07.20.2015 , 08:11 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Camelpockets View Post
Not really necessary. At our current tier of gear (PvE) we are hitting the diminishing returns with these stats, so we would be hitting dps loss rather than a gain using this setup.
I'm more of a PvP'r although I haven't played much recently I'd always have the 3% accuracy buff and 1 or 2 accuracy mods to bring me upto 95% acc with my Guardian. Also I remember lots of people like to toss crit for power, so rather than give them more power force them crit. Lastly every class had that 3% main stat which made getting main stat augments more useful.

I say Accuracy/Alacrity because I know a few range classes could get both those on their skill trees in an older patch, I don't actually know if they are useful, but again I'm talking from a melee PvP point because no one wants to trade off stats like surge for accuracy
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: (Kazama Legacy)
<A New Hope> <Sith Crusaders>
There is no force, there is only FUS RO DAH

AbashedDuk's Avatar


AbashedDuk
07.20.2015 , 08:29 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetrus View Post
And the 6 piece set bonus is so OP where Marksman is concerned. That's not to say Marksman is OP or Snipers are OP but you shouldn't be able to guarantee hitting someone for 20k twice every minute. I think the autocrit on set bonuses in general is sort of lazy and unimaginative.
Few days late but whatever, had a good laugh when I saw this.
Sycaro

Thaladan's Avatar


Thaladan
07.25.2015 , 12:38 PM | #57
not even one official response.

they don't care.

the sniper's fate is dramatically weak in wz and solo Q. our utilities are bad regardless of other classes, nothing changes.

even in distant, sorcerer are just over powered, no match. and commandos/mercenaries are better in one vs one if all defensive abilities are up.

to be honest in 1 vs 1 wich classe/spec do we win at same skill ?? we are obliged to fight in group and at safe place.

even heal class beat us at 1vs 1 ! using environment..

words in vacuum again..

legend of hyperspace

DarthScruffy's Avatar


DarthScruffy
07.25.2015 , 12:55 PM | #58
A 3% accuracy bonus for a 7pc would be good. On PvE side, that would give one or two extra enhancement slots for surge or alacrity.

Camelpockets's Avatar


Camelpockets
07.25.2015 , 02:21 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaladan View Post
not even one official response.

they don't care.

the sniper's fate is dramatically weak in wz and solo Q. our utilities are bad regardless of other classes, nothing changes.

even in distant, sorcerer are just over powered, no match. and commandos/mercenaries are better in one vs one if all defensive abilities are up.

to be honest in 1 vs 1 wich classe/spec do we win at same skill ?? we are obliged to fight in group and at safe place.

even heal class beat us at 1vs 1 ! using environment..

words in vacuum again..
The best sniper can kill anything in game. Even Ops, just got to go Engi and time literally EVERYTHING correctly. It's just the fact that Snipers have 0 "oh ****" buttons is what kills them in Yolos. Duels are fine.

On another Note, they haven't responded to any of the other threads either, besides to fix a couple of errors.
"We have winnowed all futures. The cull endures. It is optimal. It is necessary." - Shiva
Camels the Revanchist
The Pockets Legacy - Begeren Colony & Shadowlands

DarthScruffy's Avatar


DarthScruffy
07.26.2015 , 03:25 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Camelpockets View Post
The best sniper can kill anything in game. Even Ops, just got to go Engi and time literally EVERYTHING correctly. It's just the fact that Snipers have 0 "oh ****" buttons is what kills them in Yolos. Duels are fine.

On another Note, they haven't responded to any of the other threads either, besides to fix a couple of errors.
You can even kill anything on a MM as well. However, people tend to notice that sort of thing kind of quickly.