Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sef’s Shield Tech PvP Tanking Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Sef’s Shield Tech PvP Tanking Guide

Darthflowmotion
07.16.2013 , 10:47 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by johnpickard View Post
Is there any truth in the thinking that the "seismic" type grenades knock snipers out of their cover so long as they arent entrenched?
they do.
no ty

diggydoolans
07.19.2013 , 01:03 AM | #12
I use the exact same skill point selection & agree with everything but
Instead of redoubt relic I use the matrix cube as it provides slightly more endurance

Apart from this small detail a very good guide
stop using WOW terminolgy this is STAR WARS

dijskykiller
07.19.2013 , 10:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by diggydoolans View Post
Instead of redoubt relic I use the matrix cube as it provides slightly more endurance

Thanks! Actually, i included the matrix-cube in place of redoubt relic the first time i posted this guide. I just prefer the redoubt as it is also better in duels, and pvp outside warzones due to absence of bolster. But yah, the matrix-cube is better for flat stat increase in end inside warzones.

Another thing i noticed is dps classes gain more from cubes than tanks, that's why i dropped it. And in a maximum endurance build, the increase in mitigation stats from redoubt is preferable than minimal hp increase from the cube.

I'll put it back in the guide though, just for preference.
Hankk Dubs
Scrapper Scoundrel
Backrocket Bastards
RP swag, PvP flagged.

Zoom_VI
07.22.2013 , 04:55 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by diggydoolans View Post

i would not advise taking the cube for endurance, using redoubt and shield relics I have gotten my vanguard over 40k hp on my pvp gear, at that point you really should pick up mitigation. Not to mention it makes life easier for your healers to have that redoubt proc up, particularly given how popular snipers are right now....
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Capt_Beers
08.09.2013 , 09:31 AM | #15
I was thinking about picking up the healer 2-piece bonus for the reduced CD on HtL, in your opinion would that be worth using over the Combat Tech one?
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

dijskykiller
08.09.2013 , 10:46 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I was thinking about picking up the healer 2-piece bonus for the reduced CD on HtL, in your opinion would that be worth using over the Combat Tech one?
I have to say, i also like that 2-piece medic bonus. In fact, i sometimes run it for higher HO up-time. However, in my experience, the best benefit that you will get from it is on Huttball if you will be carrying the ball in a rated game, which Juggs do better at the moment. Outside of HB, the increased Carbonite stun is much important for me as it gives your teammates more room to breath and is crucial when stealing nodes/pylons, plus the addition of lower CD on our cc-breaker makes us more viable in guarding our nodes.

In addition, if you re-spec inside warzones for dps, the 2pc combat tech bonus will serve you better as you will be in close range taking a lot of stuns. Though it's also nice to have higher uptime of HO with pyro for increased mobility. It will be more of a preference issue.

Furthermore, if they will be buffing HO for PT tanks in the future, 2-pc combat medic will be the better choice for rated games.
Hankk Dubs
Scrapper Scoundrel
Backrocket Bastards
RP swag, PvP flagged.

lordnathanial
08.20.2013 , 03:23 PM | #17
Which are the best tanking keybinds? To make selecting people to guard easier.
Jung Ma
Belliandra Op- Bloodius Sniper - Bloodeus Slinger - Mytherious Jugg - Annalinandra PT - Mytharificous Mando - Mythellia Merc - Necroficium - Sorcerer
Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/zPwtFj

dijskykiller
08.20.2013 , 08:19 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by lordnathanial View Post
Which are the best tanking keybinds? To make selecting people to guard easier.
Good question. This varies from player to player. I use the operation frame, target nearest friend and target next friend. I sometimes click on the screen, but keybinds and operation frame works better and faster for me.
Hankk Dubs
Scrapper Scoundrel
Backrocket Bastards
RP swag, PvP flagged.

lordnathanial
08.23.2013 , 10:35 AM | #19
On a good zone my 15th lvl shield tech is only pulling at the best ive done 100k protection is that good for that low of level?
Jung Ma
Belliandra Op- Bloodius Sniper - Bloodeus Slinger - Mytherious Jugg - Annalinandra PT - Mytharificous Mando - Mythellia Merc - Necroficium - Sorcerer
Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/zPwtFj

dijskykiller
08.23.2013 , 02:32 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by lordnathanial View Post
On a good zone my 15th lvl shield tech is only pulling at the best ive done 100k protection is that good for that low of level?
Honestly, i have never tanked in low-level warzones as i've started as dps on my PT.

At 55, you should be averaging for 300k protection in every wz against an average dps team. Good dps teams will net you 500k or above protection, while bad ones will give you 100-200k.

Protection will always vary depending on how heavy the firepower of the opposing team is and amount of healers on your team. Also, don't just pay attention on numbers. A lot of things happen in the game that is not calculated by the scoreboard like objective plays. As long as you take a big chunk of the other team's damage and keep everybody alive with minimal amount of deaths in the end, you are doing a good job.
Hankk Dubs
Scrapper Scoundrel
Backrocket Bastards
RP swag, PvP flagged.