Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the reason why people don't care anymore about objectives? The maps are bad.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What's the reason why people don't care anymore about objectives? The maps are bad.

UltraFlashStar
03.12.2020 , 10:44 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
This is the dumbest map analysis I've ever read and I feel bad you typed it all out.
Yeah, basically this.
Coppes
STAR WARS: The Last Ruffian

merovejec
03.12.2020 , 05:06 PM | #22
The reason the attitude of the people changed is due to their priorities. The real pvpers left long ago and the people that que now for regs are mostly there for conquest probably. The reason is that bioware spread out the rewards everywhere. You get fragments, rxp, gear etc from different sources so people use up all possibilites. The game modes have become just farm places for a higher purpose, players do not care about the modes themselves anymore.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

TrixxieTriss
03.12.2020 , 06:52 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I don't get it. If you want no objectives, except to solely kill people, queue ranked.
Great post

TrixxieTriss
03.12.2020 , 06:55 PM | #24
This is the dumbest map analysis I've ever read and I feel bad you typed it all out.
I wanted to reply to the OP, but I couldn’t find the words for it with insulting them too much.

I think this post pretty much sums up what I think about the original post.

TrixxieTriss
03.12.2020 , 06:57 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
The reason the attitude of the people changed is due to their priorities. The real pvpers left long ago and the people that que now for regs are mostly there for conquest probably. The reason is that bioware spread out the rewards everywhere. You get fragments, rxp, gear etc from different sources so people use up all possibilites. The game modes have become just farm places for a higher purpose, players do not care about the modes themselves anymore.
That’s overly simplistic reasoning. There are way more factors involved and the ones you’ve listed are mainly symptoms of the underlying problems that have led us to this point.

jimmorrisson
03.12.2020 , 10:15 PM | #26
anyone who doesn't share my opinion is dumb.
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
Yeah, basically this.
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I wanted to reply to the OP, but I couldn’t find the words for it with insulting them too much.
I think this post pretty much sums up what I think about the original post.
I mostly agree with of what the topic's author posted. A case could be made that Level 75 characters are overpowered for the maps.

For example with current tacticals and set-bonues anyone who tries capture a match-opening node will be met by the premade stealths combo of quick move then multiple critical hits the quick move triggers. For huttball you are pretty much surround by ranged class circular firing squad.

Regardless, the current state of Warzones (unranked 8x8) is one which is dominated by premade gank squads who are fully augged with set bonus gear versus randoms who are increasing grouped themselves with a premade - whose sole purpose is to deathmatch the opposing premade.

Warzones are becoming the new Overworld PVP.. That is in addition to becoming the new 8v8 group ranked minus rating and rewards.

TrixxieTriss
03.13.2020 , 01:31 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post
I mostly agree with of what the topic's author posted. A case could be made that Level 75 characters are overpowered for the maps.

For example with current tacticals and set-bonues anyone who tries capture a match-opening node will be met by the premade stealths combo of quick move then multiple critical hits the quick move triggers. For huttball you are pretty much surround by ranged class circular firing squad.

Regardless, the current state of Warzones (unranked 8x8) is one which is dominated by premade gank squads who are fully augged with set bonus gear versus randoms who are increasing grouped themselves with a premade - whose sole purpose is to deathmatch the opposing premade.

Warzones are becoming the new Overworld PVP.. That is in addition to becoming the new 8v8 group ranked minus rating and rewards.
Sorry, but most of that is just an excuse for people who can’t play objective pvp.

But I will agree that premades in this meta (with so few real PVPers left in the game), have had their day in the sun. I’ve always liked premades in the past, but a 4 man premade these day can wreak the queue and matches because whole teams rage quit and then people stop queuing.

I don’t think they should totally remove the premade option, but a compromise would be to allow 2 man premades.

snave
03.13.2020 , 06:19 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post

This is the dumbest post analysis I've ever read and I feel bad you typed it all out.

Kirpputori
03.13.2020 , 06:53 AM | #29
This is the dumbest post analysis I've ever read and I feel bad you typed it all out.
These are the best responses in this thread and I feel glad you typed it all out.
Refuzed
<Rave Into Space>

Lhancelot
03.13.2020 , 07:32 AM | #30
is this macro'd feels macro'd to me.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582