[Video] Follow Up Details on the new <Spotter> ability

Cilas

Based on requests I put together another video (link below!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0lpRpImE0o&feature=youtu.be

All of these tests are done against a concealment operative specced to +6 stealth level increase. As you can see by the numbers below, approaching from the side or behind is still completely viable. Snipers still gotta watch their backs!

From the Front:

No Sneak - 25 meters

Sneak - 15 meters

From the Back:

No Sneak - 7 meters

Sneak - 3-5 meters

From the Side (90 degrees):

No Sneak - 8 meters

Sneak - 3-5 meters

From the Side (45 degrees):

No Sneak - 25 meters

Sneak - 15 meters

From the Side (60 degrees):

No Sneak - 20-22 meters

Sneak - 15 meters

If the stealthed player would to talk at you at normal speed, he'd be MUCH closer, or on top of you, before you notice.

You can spot stealthers in the current game decently far out if they step, pause, step, pause like in that vid.

So Mr. KettleBell, are Snipers overpowered or not? :)

Edited by NoTomorrow

So Mr. KettleBell, are Snipers overpowered or not? :)

Well seeing as you can still get detected from a good range even with increased stealth levels from the side your best option is to come directly from behind which will probably not happen often in your average warzone they will be sitting in a pretty good position come 2.0.

yet more BS thrown in to the game. Don't snipers have enough toys already and now this?

Sorry but with 2.0 knocking at our doors, all bets are off. I am quite sure that in 2,0 with all these class changes snipers will be completely unable to kill good operative players of any spec. Marauders suddenly got their first 30m ranged attack. Forget everything you knew about SWTOR prior to 2.0. Class match-ups, counter-classes, everything.

You have to start fresh.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Sorry but with 2.0 knocking at our doors, all bets are off. I am quite sure that in 2,0 with all these class changes snipers will be completely unable to kill good operative players of any spec. Marauders suddenly got their first 30m ranged attack. Forget everything you knew about SWTOR prior to 2.0. Class match-ups, counter-classes, everything.

You have to start fresh.

Priceless, simply priceless.

Priceless, simply priceless.

what? you disagree? You will soon witness you very first death to a lethality operative. Something that you thought was unimaginable before. :eek:

I'm telling you man, all bets are off.

Edited by NoTomorrow

what? you disagree? You will soon witness you very first death to a lethality operative. Something that you thought was unimaginable before. :eek:

I'm telling you man, all bets are off.

I don't think I have ever seen a lethaility op before and just because they get a buff and someone specs into it wont make them a contender. I can only think of a handful of ops on the server that are good but they are really good at dps and yes they blow me up.

If the stealthed player would to talk at you at normal speed, he'd be MUCH closer, or on top of you, before you notice.

You can spot stealthers in the current game decently far out if they step, pause, step, pause like in that vid.

Most of the time he wasn't pausing, only when testing from the back approaches. The point we were trying to make there is that even pausing, the sniper still doesn't see the stealth until he's on top of you.

I pointed out what I saw as the max end ranges they were visible. Even with 30 spotter stacks the stealth could either walk up to get the jump or exfiltrate + hidden strike to get the opening

Well seeing as you can still get detected from a good range even with increased stealth levels from the side your best option is to come directly from behind which will probably not happen often in your average warzone they will be sitting in a pretty good position come 2.0.

From the side you can get an exfiltrate off (remaining in stealth) and pull a hidden strike.. If you're good. They still have that option. Approaching from behind remains the best option though, for sure

You have to start fresh.

1.2 changed pvp in this game big time. 2.0 will do the same

From the side you can get an exfiltrate off (remaining in stealth) and pull a hidden strike.. If you're good. They still have that option. Approaching from behind remains the best option though, for sure

I don't have an op but im assuming exfiltrate is the same as blackout which increases stealth level? Anyways it seems like the chances of getting the jump on a sniper who knows whats up has gone down quite a bit.

I don't have an op but im assuming exfiltrate is the same as blackout which increases stealth level? Anyways it seems like the chances of getting the jump on a sniper who knows whats up has gone down quite a bit.

Sneak is the same as blackout. An operative has a new ability, exfiltrate. Usable in and out of stealth. It is a roll similar to sniper's covered escape, but exfiltrate has no cooldown and consumes 21 energy (if spec'd). Additionally, using it doesn't break stealth

curious...is the cone based on camera angle, where your toons head is facing, or is the cone based on where the in cover shield is facing?

Definitely no camera angle, as you can see in the video my camera angle is facing behind me and the stealth is able to get 3-5 meters away before being spotted

Sneak is the same as blackout. An operative has a new ability, exfiltrate. Usable in and out of stealth. It is a roll similar to sniper's covered escape, but exfiltrate has no cooldown and consumes 21 energy (if spec'd). Additionally, using it doesn't break stealth

Got it.

Has this been tested with blackout+force speed I know the mechanics are the same but just curious.

Not sure I follow you. Blackout provides the same stealth level increase as sneak. I forget what you can push your stealth level to as a deception assassin, but I would guess about the same. Force speed is usable in stealth without breaking out of stealth, so yes it could be used the same way exfiltrate is to get close before being spotted

You have to start fresh.

Perhaps the most epic "My class is OP and I'm deflecting" post I have ever read on these forums. :D