I Love CXP why is it off for Preferred players?

CKNORTH

No really I do love CXP grindfest the free RNG boxes are dang good credits and I enjoy opening them! But aside from that the cosmetic gear and the odd 234 item from 1-100 is nice too. I suppose you have a reason for preferred not getting it as much as people seem to not enjoy it. But could you add a CXP unlock in the store please? I would pay around 1000CC - 1500CC for it, Thanks!! :)

This is what I’ve been saying. They need a paid pass to allow preferred to gain and use CXP items

I am curious because I boosted a character on my preferred account to lvl 70 and I can’t level it but I wonder if it’s because that account doesn’t own KoTET or KoTFE?

That's Captain Oblivious! , get it right. It's done so you'd pay for a sub.

However if you paid for the December expansion bundle is it Inlocled after your subscription lapses was the second part to the question I stated Mr. Oblivious?

I'm mostly preferred and I'm fine with it being a sub-only thing. It doesn't affect preferred gameplay all that much [the gear is helpful but not absolutely required]. This is an optional freebie thing that encourages subbing without being detrimental to non-subs.

In point of fact, it was a contributing reason for why I resubbed. I hadn't planned on doing that, and the Origin special was the major reason to do it, but it was still a factor I considered - yay, now I can get CXP again.

I'm mostly preferred and I'm fine with it being a sub-only thing. It doesn't affect preferred gameplay all that much [the gear is helpful but not absolutely required]. This is an optional freebie thing that encourages subbing without being detrimental to non-subs.

In point of fact, it was a contributing reason for why I resubbed. I hadn't planned on doing that, and the Origin special was the major reason to do it, but it was still a factor I considered - yay, now I can get CXP again.

That’s really cool. From what I seen on my free preferred account you can get tier 2 gear just takes longer. Possibly tier 3 but not sure on tier 4 in all honesty I would like to take my time and pick and choose on what to do or what to unlock. The way I am setting things up I’ll probably drop down to preferred and get the expansion bundle every December as they bring out more stuff. Looking forward to enjoying it all at a slower pace :)

Also because I will be dropping the subscription in June it isn’t because of any doom or gloom or lack of stuff to do, I just really don’t like monthly fees and I can still enjoy the game as much as I would like too as if I were to be a sub.

From what I seen on my free preferred account you can get tier 2 gear just takes longer. Possibly tier 3 but not sure on tier 4
OK, now I'm confused. Your OP says why can't you get CXP with a Pref account, but the above suggests you did?? Or are you using an alternate method to get the gear (using remaining unassembled components, etc)?

For the record: If you aren't an active sub, you don't get access to CXP, so you don't get command crates.

And you can't even tell what the daily bonus activity is.

But, I suppose you can open command crates you gained when previously subbed (hmm, have to try this next time).

As to why they do it this way? They keep tinkering with the way to keep subs / maximize profits. This last time (5.0) it was this rework denying this end-game to non-subs. Guess they decided folk who just re-sub once after the latest story is done wasn't sufficient.

OK, now I'm confused. Your OP says why can't you get CXP with a Pref account, but the above suggests you did?? Or are you using an alternate method to get the gear (using remaining unassembled components, etc)?

For the record: If you aren't an active sub, you don't get access to CXP, so you don't get command crates.

And you can't even tell what the daily bonus activity is.

But, I suppose you can open command crates you gained when previously subbed (hmm, have to try this next time).

As to why they do it this way? They keep tinkering with the way to keep subs / maximize profits. This last time (5.0) it was this rework denying this end-game to non-subs. Guess they decided folk who just re-sub once after the latest story is done wasn't sufficient.

Oh forgot to mention that you can get unasembled components from PvP. It isn’t a lot because you are limited to 5 matches a week and doing the weekly and daily PvP grants some too. It just takes a lot longer.

No really I do love CXP grindfest the free RNG boxes are dang good credits and I enjoy opening them! But aside from that the cosmetic gear and the odd 234 item from 1-100 is nice too. I suppose you have a reason for preferred not getting it as much as people seem to not enjoy it. But could you add a CXP unlock in the store please? I would pay around 1000CC - 1500CC for it, Thanks!! :)

Wrong forum to post this. If you really wanted it to be reviewed as a suggestion, you would post in suggestions.

Posting it here is a transparent attempt to spark up another 'free vs. paid' argument.

Don't feed it.

This is what I’ve been saying. They need a paid pass to allow preferred to gain and use CXP items

They have one, it is called a sub. Sorry, but you shouldn't have access to endgame just because you are preferrred, which could mean you just paid 5 bucks on the CM.

CXP is for level 70. Which I believe is not accessible to preferred regardless. Now OPs passes and WZ passes I could get behind, but not anything 70+, maybe when they raise the level cap to 80.

They have one, it is called a sub. Sorry, but you shouldn't have access to endgame just because you are preferrred, which could mean you just paid 5 bucks on the CM.

CXP is for level 70. Which I believe is not accessible to preferred regardless. Now OPs passes and WZ passes I could get behind, but not anything 70+, maybe when they raise the level cap to 80.

However a preferred play can boost to 70 but needs Artifact equipment unlock for the boosted gear, which is a double ding but it’s worth it in a way. Yeah we understand subscription trumps all. It if there as a character or account wide unlock for CXP what’s the difference if the pay specifically for the unlock?? They are still forking over money and I am not talking the crappy weekely unlocks. If they priced a CXP accountwide unlock I would pay upwards around 5200CC to 7200CC that is more than sufficient price for that type of unlock.

However a preferred play can boost to 70 but needs Artifact equipment unlock for the boosted gear, which is a double ding but it’s worth it in a way. Yeah we understand subscription trumps all. It if there as a character or account wide unlock for CXP what’s the difference if the pay specifically for the unlock?? They are still forking over money and I am not talking the crappy weekely unlocks. If they priced a CXP accountwide unlock I would pay upwards around 5200CC to 7200CC that is more than sufficient price for that type of unlock.

The thing is, CC is pretty worthless. You can get tons of free CC just from referral links. And honestly, if you were willing to pay that much for a monthly unlock (I am assuming you mean a timed unlock, not just pay once) that amount off cc, associated to cash, is more expensive then to sub.

I mean I just use my referral link, and some months I can get like 8k cc. So I dont think CCshould be used to u lock that option.

The thing is, CC is pretty worthless. You can get tons of free CC just from referral links. And honestly, if you were willing to pay that much for a monthly unlock (I am assuming you mean a timed unlock, not just pay once) that amount off cc, associated to cash, is more expensive then to sub.

I mean I just use my referral link, and some months I can get like 8k cc. So I dont think CCshould be used to u lock that option.

Referral links don’t net CC once preferred status is on, secondly how do you see CC as worthless?? It’s damn expensive and this game is so monitized it’s insane I mean really you sneeze and you have to pay EA for it... but it’s fine say what you will about how the subscription is whollier than thou. I’ll just keep on trucking with what I have :)

Referral links don’t net CC once preferred status is on, secondly how do you see CC as worthless?? It’s damn expensive and this game is so monitized it’s insane I mean really you sneeze and you have to pay EA for it... but it’s fine say what you will about how the subscription is whollier than thou. I’ll just keep on trucking with what I have :)

Its not about being whollier then thou, it is about a company making money. I know its popular to think stick it to big bad EA and try to get everything for as cheap as possible, but this is BW. If you like the game, then support it. (But since you are posting you are a sub), so not sure what the issue is, besides wanting to be able to stop subbing and get to play and receive CXP with just one payment, and then not having to sub.

The whole point of cxp is to benefit subs, and drive people to sub to make gearing easier etc.

Its not about being whollier then thou, it is about a company making money. I know its popular to think stick it to big bad EA and try to get everything for as cheap as possible, but this is BW. If you like the game, then support it. (But since you are posting you are a sub), so not sure what the issue is, besides wanting to be able to stop subbing and get to play and receive CXP with just one payment, and then not having to sub.

The whole point of cxp is to benefit subs, and drive people to sub to make gearing easier etc.

To be honest now I am closer to thinking of not subscribing because I have more than I need. if I paid for an unlock which is 99% of what preferred need to do for specific parts of the game what's the difference? and while we are at it I have paid for every expansion and bundles as they have came out. which brings me to this point if I paid for an expansion why wouldn't CXP be automatically unlocked? to force me to subscribe?? That is a load of HS.. Just saying.

To be honest now I am closer to thinking of not subscribing because I have more than I need. if I paid for an unlock which is 99% of what preferred need to do for specific parts of the game what's the difference? and while we are at it I have paid for every expansion and bundles as they have came out. which brings me to this point if I paid for an expansion why wouldn't CXP be automatically unlocked? to force me to subscribe?? That is a load of HS.. Just saying.

If you bought an 'unlock' that let you do 'x' activity permanently, you'd just unsub.

CXP encourages subs to continue to sub. And it encourages those who aren't currently subbed to sub.

If you had an unlock for 99% of the game permanently, with a one time fee, why would you *ever* sub.

If you want to play, and have it all, then pay and have it all.

If you want to be f2p, then deal with the limitations.

If you bought an 'unlock' that let you do 'x' activity permanently, you'd just unsub.

CXP encourages subs to continue to sub. And it encourages those who aren't currently subbed to sub.

If you had an unlock for 99% of the game permanently, with a one time fee, why would you *ever* sub.

If you want to play, and have it all, then pay and have it all.

If you want to be f2p, then deal with the limitations.

Heh I hope your not a car salesman: here buy this car at full price but don’t forget the small print you have to rent the tires at your own expense. Yes that was a joke and a tad bit of sarcasm. I apologize however I made my point. This thread can sink. Carry on :)

Heh I hope your not a car salesman: here buy this car at full price but don’t forget the small print you have to rent the tires at your own expense. Yes that was a joke and a tad bit of sarcasm. I apologize however I made my point. This thread can sink. Carry on :)

This game is not a 'b2p' game like GW2, for example.

This game requires a sub for full access to all features.

This game offers players who do not want to pay to support the game a subset of features. An *extremely generous* subset of features.

The problem with offering anything to people for free is....

Some subset of those people will look at what they are *given for free* and say "this is it?".

In days of old, children were taught by their parents a simple phrase:

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

I guess parenting, and society in general is in decline.

*Sigh*