The Incompetence of Bioware is Astounding.

peter_plankskull

Ever since 4.0 hit, many others and I have been losing faith in Bioware. 4.0 was suppose to be this new fresh expansion, something to shower us with new content, a immersive story about star wars, and our choices matter more than ever throughout storylines. Although this has been disproven through many threads about this non immersive story, and choices not mattering regardless of what you do, and the lack of content is appalling, there has been more bugs than ever resurfacing and they been neglecting the entire player base.

I wonder what player base are you trying to reach out to, because I see you failing every ones minimum expectations. Ill admit, im no nightmare raider, but even I understand progression, and you certainly ruined getting 224 loot. You also lost the group oriented player base as well, those who do flashpoints, or repeatable group content, are forced to run 4 year old content. You're suppose to make 4 year old content relevant, NOT making it the new meta to progress. The only thing there is for no group content, are these boring, bland, copy pasted, and unimaginative Star Fortresses. These are incredibly unrewarding once so ever providing no meaningful reward, not in terms of gear, cash, or even a RP element, all you get is a Nintendo Congraulations for running them 12 times minimum. Even your casual story player is left to rot in the rakghoul plague... oh... wait...(ill get you later.) Your casual story players are left with a roughly 6-8 hours, give or take a few depending on the person, and then there done. There is only one reason to roll a alt, and that's to pick the dark side options, and even then it has ZERO effect on the ending, some of your companions may hate you, but nothing overall important has changed. Once they finish the debacle they are forced to run into Start Fortresses, with no meaningful story content once so ever. Getting all the comps aren't rewarding in the slightest, as you don't see there personalities at all other than there recruitment conversations. No conflicting personalities about there philosophy, there previous actions; there's ZERO interaction between each of them. I think im forgetting a part of the community... ah... lets..hm... ah the PVP and GSF community. I don't do either of these, but just looking at the content flowing in over the years, that these 2 groups should of left by now. You have a highly dedicated community here, it takes either a lot of ignorance, or passion, to stay with people who constantly ignore you. 2 years since there last map, and they have another horizon coming soon, remind me why they are still here again? You have neglected EVERY part of your community here, coming up short in content and have haven't even addressed the problems here, and that needs to change.

Maybe... just maybe... just MAYBE ignoring your player base is acceptable to some brown nosing fanboy, but can this brown noser really defend Bioware from neglecting the amount of game breaking bugs which constantly disrupt gameplay? Some of our companions final stories, heck some of them even APPEARING and being PLAYABLE, took WEEKS to fix. What about this stack exploit that went on FOR SIX WEEKS... SIX WEEKS to fixing a exploit that RUINED the in game economy. What about this events you say, the ONLY reason to stay subbed in December, and like the "HEY GUYS, this is THE reason to stay subbed this week, enjoy our amazing events that we been recycling over the last 3 years, but this time, you get a companion tied to one." NOPE, instead you let an ENTIRE EVENT, the STAGING POINT of being subbed this month, lay to waste, across one of your LARGEST INFLUX of FANS. I guess neglecting all player bases, one that even loves star wars is also part on the checklist as well? There are also a bunch of other glitches, but these have been the most conversed lately and are significantly more important, however im not saying the others ones aren't important. Fix your game, and rethink why people are staying subbed this month.

I completely forgot to mention the tenderness and love that Customer Support gives you... sarcasm nuke going off. Do I really need to mention this? its mentioned in the forums enough.

Do you even care about your game anymore Bioware? I understand you guys have family and its the holidays, but this is THE moment to keep your game in tip top fashion, due to the lack of content and the new movies being released. I'm not one of those" THE END IS NIGH" kind of people, and im not saying this game is going to be shutdown anytime soon if you keep going down the dark side , but you ARE losing the respect of your player base, both long time, and newcomers about. Fix your game Bioware, because ill be making sure full well how you treat your player base to the newcomers in the next few months.

Edit- Ah damn it... I accidently hit post instead of preview...wall o text is big enough anyway.

Edited by peter_plankskull

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summary, and a bit more gently put I hope - I hope Bio has some employees and CS service working through the holidays while some are on vacation, that have the capacity to fix the current event bugs, still occurring as the SW movie premieres *tonight* and could very well start to bring *potential* new subscribers to SWTOR *right now* who may find things buggy/not working, and be put off.

Please fix kthnx

Edited by Dreadicus

op is dead on.

How long does Bioware really think recycling old stuff is going to keep players interested in tor?

I know of 2 guilds that had their entire raiding ops groups (7 - 8 man teams) fly off to Fallout 4 and Battlefront.

That's at least 56 people that didn't have to deal with this malarchy we're going through with now.

I'm sure there's more Bioware.

A helluva lot more.

op is dead on.

How long does Bioware really think recycling old stuff is going to keep players interested in tor?

I know of 2 guilds that had their entire raiding ops groups (7 - 8 man teams) fly off to Fallout 4 and Battlefront.

That's at least 56 people that didn't have to deal with this malarchy we're going through with now.

A helluva lot more.

As long as they can make money :)

op is dead on.

A helluva lot more.

All I saw previous to KOTFE was people saying the game was dead, but you personally know of at least 56 players (7 full raiding groups, unless my maths is wrong) who have only just left? The game must have been doing better than everyone thought.

Ever since 4.0 droped the amount of bugs in this game is just mind blowing and i for one am finding it hard to stay subbed.

.....but you'll struggle on, just so you can keep telling people how hard it is for you?

I'm cancelling my subscription today. I was giving BioWare a chance under the impression that their new focus on "episodic" content would mean they intended to actually bring out content at a reasonable pace. But the dearth of content in terms of Flashpoints, Operations, Alliance content, and even in the story they were touting as a return to form is disgusting, and the "rewards" they want to hand out in return for sticking through this months-long barren patch is frankly insulting.

I can safely say they've permanently lost me as a customer this time.

OP is right on point. sadly this model they think would be an epic grand slam is actually three strikes. game isn't dead but is slowly dying and at the pace they have implemented this new chapter story content they are doomed to have people sub for a month and leave. which ultimately means less in CM sales. that is the only reason EA keeps it a float now. sad times really

Ever since 4.0 hit, many others and I have been losing faith in Bioware. 4.0 was suppose to be this new fresh expansion, something to shower us with new content, a immersive story about star wars, and our choices matter more than ever throughout storylines. Although this has been disproven through many threads about this non immersive story, and choices not mattering regardless of what you do, and the lack of content is appalling, there has been more bugs than ever resurfacing and they been neglecting the entire player base.

Really? Every single one of them, neglected? And you've confirmed this with . . . ?

I only asked because they fixed several Artifact Authorization bugs, which subscribers wouldn't even notice.

I wonder what player base are you trying to reach out to, because I see you failing every ones minimum expectations.

And how do you know what everybody's minimum expectations are?

Ill admit, im no nightmare raider, but even I understand progression, and you certainly ruined getting 224 loot. You also lost the group oriented player base as well, those who do flashpoints, or repeatable group content, are forced to run 4 year old content. You're suppose to make 4 year old content relevant, NOT making it the new meta to progress.

So how exactly is it supposed to be relevant, then?

The only thing there is for no group content, are these boring, bland, copy pasted, and unimaginative Star Fortresses. These are incredibly unrewarding once so ever providing no meaningful reward, not in terms of gear, cash, or even a RP element, all you get is a Nintendo Congraulations for running them 12 times minimum. Even your casual story player is left to rot in the rakghoul plague... oh... wait...(ill get you later.) Your casual story players are left with a roughly 6-8 hours, give or take a few depending on the person, and then there done. There is only one reason to roll a alt, and that's to pick the dark side options,

That is not even close to the only reason to go through the game more than once.

and even then it has ZERO effect on the ending, some of your companions may hate you, but nothing overall important has changed. Once they finish the debacle they are forced to run into Start Fortresses, with no meaningful story content once so ever. Getting all the comps aren't rewarding in the slightest, as you don't see there personalities at all other than there recruitment conversations. No conflicting personalities about there philosophy, there previous actions; there's ZERO interaction between each of them. I think im forgetting a part of the community... ah... lets..hm... ah the PVP and GSF community. I don't do either of these, but just looking at the content flowing in over the years, that these 2 groups should of left by now. You have a highly dedicated community here, it takes either a lot of ignorance, or passion, to stay with people who constantly ignore you. 2 years since there last map, and they have another horizon coming soon, remind me why they are still here again? You have neglected EVERY part of your community here, coming up short in content and have haven't even addressed the problems here, and that needs to change.

The funny part is, the content you claim you don't do is where your most reasonable and grounded complaints are.

Maybe... just maybe... just MAYBE ignoring your player base is acceptable to some brown nosing fanboy, but can this brown noser really defend Bioware from neglecting the amount of game breaking bugs which constantly disrupt gameplay?

Easily. Your post is full of mistakes and typos. If you can't produce perfection when writing, don't expect Bioware to (they are, after all, typing code). To do otherwise is raw hypocrisy.

Some of our companions final stories, heck some of them even APPEARING and being PLAYABLE, took WEEKS to fix. What about this stack exploit that went on FOR SIX WEEKS... SIX WEEKS to fixing a exploit that RUINED the in game economy.

What, you mean the economy was okay before that exploit? Are you sure?

What about this events you say, the ONLY reason to stay subbed in December, and like the "HEY GUYS, this is THE reason to stay subbed this week, enjoy our amazing events that we been recycling over the last 3 years, but this time, you get a companion tied to one." NOPE, instead you let an ENTIRE EVENT, the STAGING POINT of being subbed this month, lay to waste, across one of your LARGEST INFLUX of FANS. I guess neglecting all player bases, one that even loves star wars is also part on the checklist as well?

The event is not the only reason to stay subbed. At a rough guess, there are tons of Star Wars fans out there that don't care about Rakghouls.

There are also a bunch of other glitches, but these have been the most conversed lately and are significantly more important, however im not saying the others ones aren't important. Fix your game, and rethink why people are staying subbed this month.

I completely forgot to mention the tenderness and love that Customer Support gives you... sarcasm nuke going off. Do I really need to mention this? its mentioned in the forums enough.

Do you even care about your game anymore Bioware? I understand you guys have family and its the holidays, but this is THE moment to keep your game in tip top fashion, due to the lack of content and the new movies being released. I'm not one of those" THE END IS NIGH" kind of people, and im not saying this game is going to be shutdown anytime soon if you keep going down the dark side , but you ARE losing the respect of your player base, both long time, and newcomers about. Fix your game Bioware, because ill be making sure full well how you treat your player base to the newcomers in the next few months.

Edit- Ah damn it... I accidently hit post instead of preview...wall o text is big enough anyway.

Offhand, they can't lose something that wasn't being given in the first place. Nothing I've seen from reading the forums for the past couple of years had led me to believe that the player base at large has any respect for Bioware at all.

They do, however, have harassment and threats for them . . .

Really? Every single one of them, neglected? And you've confirmed this with . . . ?

I only asked because they fixed several Artifact Authorization bugs, which subscribers wouldn't even notice.

And how do you know what everybody's minimum expectations are?.............

<snip>

Nothing positive to say about this thread? Really? You just want to pick it all apart?

I find it difficult to believe there is anyone who doesn't think the game developers could improve in at least one area the OP has mentioned.

To be blunt, the only ppl who will take time to play this game are new players, or those who have a serious mental dissorder to stick to their ingame achievements, only to flex them at random ppl.

Might as well start walking....

OK, here we go -

I still take time to play despite levelling up over 60 characters (I know, I'm so 1337 :)), and while I love getting my achievements, I purposefully don't go on OPs where they demand you have to have one. So, don't tell me what I've done, especially when I haven't done it. And I'd appreciate it if you asked my opinion, if not my permission, to speak on my behalf.

Nothing new? I know, it's been said before that the "replayability" of the new story isn't great, but you really can't say there's nothing new right after an expansion, no matter how short it is.

You've never went past SM OPs, but you are complaining of the lack of endgame content. I'll just leave that comment as is, I don't think it needs anything else.

Something something complaint about companions when you say you only do PvP? Do you bring them out just to look at them between matches?

"Speaking as a founder..." - wow, that old chestnut. Talk about flexing your achievements at random people.

Man, I love the irony of people using their right as a subscription holder to use the forums, to rant about how the subscription isn't worth anything. "Might as well start walking", but walk REALLY slowly, and tell us ALL about it while you do.

Oh, and "2gether"? Are you too busy to actually type "together", pressing that extra one key, or do you think it adds some credibility to your forum "cred" to do that?

Edited by CrazyCT

Nothing positive to say about this thread? Really? You just want to pick it all apart?

I find it difficult to believe there is anyone who doesn't think the game developers could improve in at least one area the OP has mentioned.

If the OP doesn't have anything positive to say, why expect it from me?

The large wall of text might more effectively be rendered as:

"Bioware's focus on story with this expansion isn't working for me. I think they could more profitably focus on the other aspects of the game: raiding, PvP, etc. Also, I feel they should pick up the pace on bug fixes, even if it means they must work through the holidays."

Unfortunately, stripped of the hyperbole, inaccurate blanket generalizations, and large chunks of diatribe, what you get is a calm, brief statement of opinion.

To be blunt, the only ppl who will take time to play this game are new players, or those who have a serious mental dissorder to stick to their ingame achievements, only to flex them at random ppl.

Interestingly enough, those aren't the only two groups of people who will take the time to play. Though this may surpass the comprehension of various readers, some people enjoy playing the game.

To be blunt, the only ppl who will take time to play this game are new players, /snip...

This is actually what this expac is all about. I have detailed this elsewhere but will cliff note it here. You can't look at this like a gamer but rather as a Publically Traded Company.

This game is arguably part of the most successful fiction IP in history. A stockholder is going to expect, and thus your CEO and CFO, growth in the period where it is hitting the big screen again. The game (from looking at the earnings calls) has not been what one would call a financial success over the last two years so how do you get that growth? I mean hell they mentioned how they increased subscriptions by 30% BUT they still couldn't not in the earnings call that this contributed to growth in the freemium segment this game occupies in their portfolio? That should tell you how far the game had fallen.

So how do you get growth? You do it by the changes they made here. Now the existing story fan might like it, but that is going to be short lived imo because it is just one story and it is phased release. I mean lets be honest, the story is no more or less engaging than SoR. Heck I would argue less because at least in SoR I had a little class specific chapter. The rest of the game, the streamlined leveling, level sync, bolster, instant level 60s etc. it's ALL about that new player coming in and saying "OMG this game is HUGE!!!!" But for the existing player who focuses at least as much on actual play, regardless if it is solo, FP or OP, they have nothing but recycled content.

They were clearly hoping that they would get a big enough boost and minimized existing player loss that EA would finally give them a decent budget again. Right now it doesn't look like the minimize bit is going to be successful. It has yet to be seen if they get enough new players, and keep them, to make up the difference. However I have never seen an MMO, in almost 20 years, that managed to grow 3 years after launch except WoW and WoW didn't pull it off by recruiting players existing markets, they did it by expanding in new markets.

Interestingly enough, those aren't the only two groups of people who will take the time to play. Though this may surpass the comprehension of various readers, some people enjoy playing the game.

Yes but the only people I know are those who are biased to story and most of them are saying, now, "okay debating if I will just resub in August and binge watch." Why? Because they are here for primarily for the story and there is only one story. Now those with altitis have a longer life span yes.

That's why in my post above I said "stop thinking like a gamer" and think like a business. The game is, currently, very much biased towards subscriptions, so losing players period is not the only danger. Having players simply suspend their subs until some point in the future is just as dangerous since the Corporation has to report not annual but quarterly performance. Products like this definitely have the bean counters asking "what have you done for me lately?" Every 3 months.

So yes I have no doubt that there are players who enjoy the game, the problem is this game is expensive to run. The engine is a hot mess which requires more QA and we can see that QA has been a major issue this expac. We can see their budget has been cut as it is by the lack of new content (BW has said Story is the least expensive bit for em) people transferred to other projects or just out the door and the elimination of their in house CSR.

Now right now it might not matter to the person who is happy BUT down the road when the bean counters add up the numbers if the predetermined ROI is not met then budgets get cut again, or they swing away from story in order to try and recapture players they lost.

It is a pendulum, but not the nice kind in a Grand Father Clock, rather like the one in the Poe story. It swings back and forth, getting lower as the budget gets reduced until it, metaphorically, kills its player base.

Yeah... the straight up story for Knights of the Fallen Empire was, as promised, good. But, once you get through that story, and look at what there is to do, we have problems.

Group Content for Casuals: Ruined

If you're level 10 through 50, all you can do is Tacticals. But, when they are synced to level 65 content, your mixed party of primarily DPS and frequently noobs, this is a wipe fest. The goal was to increase FP availability by taking the Role out of the equation, but the end result is worse. There is no point queuing for Tacticals, because it's a frustrating, wipe-filled time.

If you're 51 to 65, you can queue for the traditional roles, but... I'm finding the PUGs are worse than ever. Lower level characters who are boosted may or may not have the gear (despite the boost) to do it. I know someone complained about one of my characters having mostly 190 gear (and a few 208 pieces); but a level 50 with 116 gear can queue for the exact same Flash Point.

Story as a Narrative... but without the Heart

So... this thing happened. It doesn't matter what the thing is. You did the thing, you experienced the thing... ok. Where the difference is, what made our original class stories good... is how the people you experienced the thing flavour your experience. It's good to experience the story arc, but what makes it your story is how it affects your relationship with your companions.

KotFE fails to bring that story to life by failing to have any Companion Content. I realize there are 32 classic companions and 10 to 20 (..?) new companions. But if our companions have to have character, or we just don't care.

The solution is to lock original companion Influence at level 10, and give them conversational arcs at Influence 20, 30, 40, 50. Four conversations per companion. That's all I'm asking here.

Game Engine: Buggy McBuggerson

Seriously?

Seriously.

...I'm no programmer... I'm a gamer. I've played a LOT of games that are a LOT less buggy than SWTOR... and some of them were entirely F2P. If you can't fix some of these issues, maybe it's time for SWTOR 2 and a whole new game engine.

Customer Service

Whatever company sets the industry gold standard, SWTOR is... basically the opposite. Automated replies are 98% likely to point to an issue that isn't even being addressed.

...I realize your report volume is probably enormous (because your game is buggier than someone suffering from

), but I'm sure a huge part of the problem is Repeat Tickets. "I submitted a ticket for this thing, that I need fixed, and your stupid auto-bot told me to reset my instance, and then go climb my thumb. Can a real person actually give me some real help???"

I mean... I have done customer service calls. The bible was always "One Call Resolution." Someone pitches you a problem, you find a solution. You make that solution happen, and they don't call again. If you file a ticket in good faith, and need assistance, but you receive the CSR equivalent of "a cuppa cheese" you're pissed off, and still going to file a ticket -perhaps an angrier ticket- because you still want/need/expect help.

TL;DR

When I spend more time on the forums talking about what's wrong with the game, than in game enjoying the game, that games days are numbered. I haven't unsubbed.... yet.

I understand the frustrations of the people who come on here to vent. I do. I sympathize. The content I love to dive into is the end game pve raids. I don't have anything new to do. That doesn't stop me from raiding. Maybe if I didn't have the team I do, or the friendships in game that I do, I might feel like I should explore other titles. Thankfully, I don't need to change one thing.

The real issue I have with these types of angry vent posts is that we all knew we weren't getting any more content this year. This was it. That fact wasn't going to magically change. We knew that next year the cycle started for the monthly releases. I'll agree that Bioware's ability to meet a monthly cadence for releasing content should be watched and paid attention to since they never have been able to come through on that kind of a promise. They've definitely made it before. And, they crashed on it. I just think these kinds of angry posts are about 2 months too early. February is the month I have my eye on. If they try to sweep everything under the rug by focusing solely on this new pvp map without even a word on anything else then yeah I'll raise the concern meter to the next level. Right now though, there are some things that I think are absolutely dumb founding such as the 224 loot issue. Right now though, we all knew that this was vacation time for the devs. It was spelled out plain as day. So I do feel like people are going all over the place when the schedule was plain as day to see and spelled out before. It's the paying attention factor.

Endgame needs love. We know it. I assume Bioware knows it. Two months with no new content is nothing new, and for me, and people like myself, those two months will definitely fly by. But, that's going to be the time to raise questions. Now though, is not. Red flag stuff all anyone may want to, but acting like Bioware broke a promise to released content this year is foolish.

Me specifically, I'm looking for a "state of the game" post that gives actual details to the plan they want to follow for 2016. If they go generic and produce bumper sticker talk I'll be concerned. If they don't mention a new operation, I'll be concerned. If they basically try to go ho hum we're keeping the status quo I'll be concerned then, but not now.

Cool your jets people. It sucks, but people get into problems when they jump too far forward. The humanized version of standing in stupid I'd say.

I have a different take on the whole thing. For me, from day one this was single player experience. Sure, the MMO aspects were there, but the meat of the game was the class stories and the occasional story heavy Flashpoint. It wasn't what I expected when I was looking for a Star Wars MMO, but I just kind of accepted it as some kind of co-op RPG. I enjoyed trying different classes and builds. I eventually left because I just got invested in other things. No big deal, happens all the time with MMOs. I left the game with a positive impression. I knew I would come back eventually.

This game shortcomings as a MMO were always present. Even back then I recall these same forums having these same discussions. But not only has this game not delivered on that front, the single player portion has had some huge failings as well. This game was never Baldur's Gate in terms of single player challenge, but damn what's been done to this game is depressing. Complete removal of builds, companions buffed to the point were players become bystanders, getting gear and leveling is completely trivial... they took the casual approach to the extreme.

I think some of the changes are good. Level sync, multi purpose companions, removal of affection. But the game is practically on rails. It wouldn't be so bad if there was an option for all this stuff. But there isn't. Those who enjoyed the game before are just out of luck. I really regret resubbing.

I'd suggest you speak with your wallet. Seems to be the only means now.

Since they gave middle finger to NIM OPS I've not had a lot of sympathy for BW losing people.

Unfortunately, that is the only way BioWare, especially EA will at least 'listen' albeit momentarily when that option is used

I understand the frustrations of the people who come on here to vent. I do. I sympathize. The content I love to dive into is the end game pve raids. I don't have anything new to do. That doesn't stop me from raiding. Maybe if I didn't have the team I do, or the friendships in game that I do, I might feel like I should explore other titles. Thankfully, I don't need to change one thing.

The real issue I have with these types of angry vent posts is that we all knew we weren't getting any more content this year. This was it. That fact wasn't going to magically change. We knew that next year the cycle started for the monthly releases. I'll agree that Bioware's ability to meet a monthly cadence for releasing content should be watched and paid attention to since they never have been able to come through on that kind of a promise. They've definitely made it before. And, they crashed on it. I just think these kinds of angry posts are about 2 months too early. February is the month I have my eye on. If they try to sweep everything under the rug by focusing solely on this new pvp map without even a word on anything else then yeah I'll raise the concern meter to the next level. Right now though, there are some things that I think are absolutely dumb founding such as the 224 loot issue. Right now though, we all knew that this was vacation time for the devs. It was spelled out plain as day. So I do feel like people are going all over the place when the schedule was plain as day to see and spelled out before. It's the paying attention factor.

Endgame needs love. We know it. I assume Bioware knows it. Two months with no new content is nothing new, and for me, and people like myself, those two months will definitely fly by. But, that's going to be the time to raise questions. Now though, is not. Red flag stuff all anyone may want to, but acting like Bioware broke a promise to released content this year is foolish.

Me specifically, I'm looking for a "state of the game" post that gives actual details to the plan they want to follow for 2016. If they go generic and produce bumper sticker talk I'll be concerned. If they don't mention a new operation, I'll be concerned. If they basically try to go ho hum we're keeping the status quo I'll be concerned then, but not now.

Cool your jets people. It sucks, but people get into problems when they jump too far forward. The humanized version of standing in stupid I'd say.

I think you miss is a few things.

First they also said they would start on new elder game once KotFE launched... That time line is a direct quote from the SDCC Cantina. Now there is no news whatsoever?

Second yes all about the story BUT in the past the "story" at least involved stuff on new planets that were repeatable... Makeb, Oricon, Rishi, Yavin etc. This time it means stuff we already did before with forced level sync.

Third: all of the bugs, an attack on exploiters (good) that rounded up more than a few innocent people (bad), and that exploit took almost 2 months to fix?. The broken event, the companion debacle? The server issues with server rests resulting in server rollbacks that cost people REAL LIFE $$$ in lost Cartel market purchases that they either can not of will not address, refund?

The stringing along of people who want playable content, not just OPs but solo too, is simply the foundation of the frustration. Everything else has piled upon it. It is NOT just about raids, but for some reason I see people who jump to BWs defense lately amost reflexively say "raids". I don't know if it is because they simply have blinders on or think that the word is controversial enough to obfuscate the other issues.

I have played MMORPGs for almost 20 years now. I have seen stuff like this when a game initially launches BUT never in a game that is 4 years old. Pretty much from any objective analysis this expac has been one mistake after another. I know players who are almost exclusive story players who have had it with BW at this point.

Edited by Ghisallo

The story bugs are really killing it for me. (See link in signature.)

I took two characters into KotFE and both had no acknowledgement of their romances. I rerolled one of them, because I'm really hoping that they care enough to fix this. But I've been playing around with a bunch of other characters that are still going through their storylines because I don't even want to gamble on it again.

Really, BioWare, I'd love to play the new content that I paid for. Too bad it's broken.

The story bugs are really killing it for me. (See link in signature.)

I took two characters into KotFE and both had no acknowledgement of their romances. I rerolled one of them, because I'm really hoping that they care enough to fix this. But I've been playing around with a bunch of other characters that are still going through their storylines because I don't even want to gamble on it again.

Really, BioWare, I'd love to play the new content that I paid for. Too bad it's broken.

On my female Jugg, I completed all the companion story missions except one. That was with Vette. I never got to do the one with her mother. I gave her enough goodies to get her to level 14 but nothing happened. They broke the companions completely with 4.0 and they have no idea how to fix it. That's some great work there. :rolleyes:

I think you miss is a few things.

First they also said they would start on new elder game once KotFE launched... That time line is a direct quote from the SDCC Cantina. Now there is no news whatsoever?

Second yes all about the story BUT in the past the "story" at least involved stuff on new planets that were repeatable... Makeb, Oricon, Rishi, Yavin etc. This time it means stuff we already did before with forced level sync.

Third: all of the bugs, an attack on exploiters (good) that rounded up more than a few innocent people (bad), and that exploit took almost 2 months to fix?. The broken event, the companion debacle? The server issues with server rests resulting in server rollbacks that cost people REAL LIFE $$$ in lost Cartel market purchases that they either can not of will not address, refund?

The stringing along of people who want playable content, not just OPs but solo too, is simply the foundation of the frustration. Everything else has piled upon it. It is NOT just about raids, but for some reason I see people who jump to BWs defense lately amost reflexively say "raids". I don't know if it is because they simply have blinders on or think that the word is controversial enough to obfuscate the other issues.

I have played MMORPGs for almost 20 years now. I have seen stuff like this when a game initially launches BUT never in a game that is 4 years old. Pretty much from any objective analysis this expac has been one mistake after another. I know players who are almost exclusive story players who have had it with BW at this point.

"Start on elder game" doesn't mean release new content. The reason there's no news might simply be that they haven't got it out of the first planning stage, so there's nothing to tell. They're not going to release the minutes of every meeting just so you can feel satisfied that they are giving you news.

True, we got new planets with past expansions - CZ (does it count?), Makeb, Oricon, Rishi, Yavin, Ziost.... not like this one where we got Ondessa and Yakuul, setting it up for the next chapters to come. Wait a second......:rolleyes:

Third.....actually you do have a bit of a point here, kinda reminds me of the 15 billion posts we've had in the last couple of weeks mentioning the exact same points. Oh, apart from the bit where you say people lost REAL LIFE $$$ in rollbacks. People are getting the stuff the bought of the market back (or a refund) since they just have to show the page from your account that shows every Cartel Coin transaction that has taken place (ie proof, and not just "chancing their arm" to see if they can get some free stuff).

Stringing along - I know it's not happened yet, but they have been setting it up - is that what you call releasing new content every month? Maybe you could call HBO and tell them that they are just stringing you along only giving you 1 episode of Game of Thrones every week.

I especially like where you "casually" throw in that you've played MMO's for 20 years. You must be such an expert [insert Wonka face here]