Guide to Beating Lightspring Easily

Zaodon

There is a trick to this encounter that makes it very easy to beat. The fight starts off with Jedi vs Jedi, and Diago up in the air via Force Lift. You are not yet in combat.

Step 1: Move away from the fight (at least 60-90 meters) (** see below)

Step 2: "Pull" Diago away from the Jedi fight (* see below)

Step 3: Kill Diago easily

Step 4: Heal to full, get your energy back, apply stims, etc.

Step 5: Kill Jedi

Step 6: Profit

* "Pulling" is a technique in MMOs where you shoot an enemy then run backwards, forcing it to chase you far from its starting point.

** Diago is a chump when he is not standing within range of the Jedi fight. Once you realize this, the encounter becomes laughably trivial to solo. I set up my Companion behind the bridge you crossed to get to the encounter, and put him in Passive mode. I then went within 30m, shot Diago once, then ran across the bridge. Once he arrived, well out of range of the Jedi fight, I put my Companion back to attack mode and ate Diago's lunch.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's how I did it.

1. Sat in cover.

2. Activated All In.

3. Bowdarr tanked the jedi.

4. I spammed aimed shot and charge shot against the jedi.

5. When she died, killed Diego.

Was pretty easy after upgrading all my gear to the level cap.

Also...

"EVEREEEONE!"

Edited by StealthNerf

There is a trick to this encounter that makes it very easy to beat. The fight starts off with Jedi vs Jedi, and Diago up in the air via Force Lift. You are not yet in combat.

Yeah I figured out that this way was much easier. I just had Corso pull Diago to me and we both knocked him out. The fight after that was easy.

Edit: ^Ditto: EVERYONE!

Edited by Lexio_Strata

What level were you when you took him out? I was level 31 a t last attempt and still failed. I was successful grouping with someone else and defeating him...but when he left the entrance it wouldn't let him back in to help me. The other guy I tried this with logged out on me.I'm very frustrated.

OP's way is pretty much how I did it. The beginning of the fight when they're all bunched up is the hardest part, really. You really don't even need to run away if you bring Corso along. Set him on passive, and when the fight starts back as far up as you can. Once Diago is out of the CC he starts in, have Corso harpoon him back towards you (for once, it's useful!), then go to town on him. Alternate stuns and interrupts to stop his healing move, and he should go down easy to concentrated fire.

Once Diago's down, the fight with the Jedi/Sith is cake. Just interrupt when you see the little AoE targeting icon on the ground, and there shouldn't be any trouble.

Bam, one dead Force user and one complete class quest.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, so my doing this at 26 kinds of explains it... I can seperate him from the Jedi/Sith. But Bowdaar and Corso both end up getting killed and I can't dps enough to over-come his constant self-heals.

And the Jedi does nothing. She acts like she does... Lots of animations and noise and effects.. But no actual DPS.

The second time I tried I killed the Sith first. Still had the problem of Corso dying and my being unable to break his heal-spam even though I had him, before Corso died, down to 1/3 HP...

I'm going to just finish the rest of the Tatooine quests. I should be 27/28 by then and be able to upgrade all my gear and skills. Hopefully that'll work.

EDIT: Geared up at 27, worked like a charm...

Edited by Blackfriar

It really is a basic exercise in threat management. Here's how I did it, being on the Jedi's side:

1. Pull Diago

2. Kill Diago

3. Rest up, apply stims, etc, letting the girls fight it out

4. After you've chilled for a moment, the Jedi should have a reasonable amount of threat. Start hammering the Sith.

5. Profit.

All I did was put corso on passive, use his harpoon to bring a stunned diego out of range. Put corso on agressive and kill diego before he comes out of immune from the jedi stun.

Then, since the jedi can never die, i just hit the sith with a few lasers every 30 seconds as to not pull aggro, and she died.

Pulling Diago isn't really necessary. At least not as GS (probably is as scoundrel so you can avoid the Sith's AoE's while punching the fat man in the face). He's just as much a chump next to the sith/jedi as away from her. You just have to avoid AoEing so as to keep from pulling the force user.

S'How I did it. Only movement Diego got was when I planted an aimed shot into his face and threw him against the wall.

Edit: Used Bowdaar, too, instead of Corso. Don't... really like Corso.

Edited by KryloKillian

What I did was have bowdaar go into dps mode, turn off his threatening abilities, and burn down Diago while he was still CC'd. Then passive back, heal up and energy up, then send him back in and just used vital shot and flurry of bolts so that I didnt pull the sith off of the jedi, and used my interrupts/stuns/blinds to stop her from healing.

Diago was easy. That was never a problem. For me, the problem was always with 'Kill the Jedi'. Our Jedi just couldn't keep threat and first the Jedi would take out Corso, and then take me out pretty quickly. Am I bad or something?

The only way I found to complete this was to just sit watching the fight, interrupt heals when I could, do a little Charged Burst every 30 seconds or so. I died like 5 or 6 times before finally giving in and being reaaaaallllly patient just to get through this.

Cheers.

* "Pulling" is a technique in MMOs where you shoot an enemy then run backwards, forcing it to chase you far from its starting point.

** Diago is a chump when he is not standing within range of the Jedi fight. Once you realize this, the encounter becomes laughably trivial to solo. I set up my Companion behind the bridge you crossed to get to the encounter, and put him in Passive mode. I then went within 30m, shot Diago once, then ran across the bridge. Once he arrived, well out of range of the Jedi fight, I put my Companion back to attack mode and ate Diago's lunch.

yeah ... Once i saw that we could heal up things were fine. That was the first instance where we are allowed to do that. It made sense to pull Diago away from the Jedi ! I did not do all in etc .. until after we finished him off ! After that it was done. It took me a littile longer since I did not have good weapons at the time. Since then I have good dual pistols for me ... BUT Now I need a good blaser for Corso ! Alderain is a bit tough (especially with taking out the three Siths ... BUT that is another thread.)

Hd I paid attention to the fact that we could heal midstream on this one ... It would have saved a bit of concern early on !

BTW... I appreciate the posts here !

Thanks

Thank you for this thread. I'm not generally one for spoilers, but I had head so many horror stories about Lightspring that I was nervous. I picked up the quest at level 26 and really wanted to progress the class storyline but was worried that I would have to level to 30+ to get it done or call in friends.

Pulling Diego away made it simple. Completing it in one shot was still a surprise. :D

I did it with another Smuggler and THAT made it super easy mode, was my 1st try and got it done. Remember if you're stuck you can always ask for help! Someone have a vid of choosing to help the Sith and kill the Jedi? I know someone here did, I saw it last week I think, wants to show a friend.

Lightspring is both my favorite questline in the smuggler story due to the insanity of the characters in it and at the same the most annoying fight I've ever done in the game. I died 5 times then got a friend to help me with it: soon as the Sith ***** goes down he's cake. Edited by Abanoth

I would have loved to solve this battle on my own but it takes a few deaths to figure out the following dynamics:

1. The Sith will absolutely crush you if you draw aggro.
  2. Don't think you can heal your companion or yourself through her damage.
  3. Diago will heal the Sith if you break the lift on him.
  4. The Sith AoEs periodically so you can't get close to her to Blaster Whip for Pugnacity or Kolto Pack making energy consumption a challenge if you do try (in vain) to heal through her damage.
  5. The Jedi is virtually indestructible so you can take your time and you don't need to heal her.

If you went Scoundrel, you don't have to kill the droids on the way in. Just hit sneak and stealth past them.

Great battle.

Pulling Diago with the harpoon allows you to kill him easily with just one heal interupt - he spends most of his time under the Jedi's stun. Turn off your taunts before the battle and, once Diago is down, apply damage to the Sith at a reasonable rate and this is cake.

Have fun.

I would have loved to solve this battle on my own but it takes a few deaths to figure out the following dynamics:

Pulling Diago with the harpoon allows you to kill him easily with just one heal interupt - he spends most of his time under the Jedi's stun. Turn off your taunts before the battle and, once Diago is down, apply damage to the Sith at a reasonable rate and this is cake.

Have fun.

This is a good strat. I did it slightly different with good results also.

I used Bowdaar initially in tank stance and passive then pulled diago way back to kill him first. He trys to heal a lot but you have a lot of interrupts. The standard short cd interrupt, stun, and flash grenade. Then I switched him to dps mode with taunts and aoe's off and proceeded to kill the objective.

I guess the best thing to keep in mind is there is no rush once diago is dead. The sith and jedi can fight each other forever with no outside intervention.