Hello everyone this is WIZBASKY - Tell me your complaints.

WIZBASKY

Hi guys,

I thought I would do a forum post covering various issues people seem to have with me, and I hope you will take this opportunity to give me constructive feedback on what I might be doing wrong in general or be very specific if you want.

I will firstly put up a list of possible reasons why people have issues with me, if I have left anything out please add to the list but please be constructive, I am always trying to improve myself and my swtor content, telling me "I suck" might get that off your chest but helps no one.

Reasons why I think certain players do not like me or my videos.

1) I leave games.

- I will admit when I was doing ranked games to get geared up I left a fair few games in a row, some to teach a particular griefer a lesson other because it was a waste of a game. (like 2 healers on 1 team and we had none)

- I did leave a fair few 8v8 games out of frustration and to this day I still do now & again

BUT - I have never left a ranked game or joined one for that matter that affected anyone’s ranks level, it was all preseason, I RARELY leave 8v8 games now as I feel I have learnt my lesson on this topic and I stay and do my best regardless of outcome. But occasionally I still do for various reasons; dinner is ready, phone call, real life stuff.

2) I suck at pvp.

I think people say this because of my play style of my classes like using unload on a powertech or fusion missile on an arsenal merc, I have my styles to playing classes and I enjoy my styles, in die hard pvpers minds it not the right way to play the classes BUT it is my way.

I think they are upset mostly because they know I do poor rotations and I do videos suggesting on how to play and I am giving the wrong advice.

- I NEVER claim this is the way to play a class and the only way, at worst I say this is how I play my class, this is my rotation, now some people might be interested in seeing how I play and my rotation as I do get results in 8v8 pvp, and that's why I make videos to show them how I play, not how to be the best Ranked pvper in the land.

- I will never change my play style to suit others unless a small improvement can be changed in my style to improve my overall game play. I am happy to hear suggestions and I will try your suggestions but in the end it will end up being a style others probably disagree with.

3) I give stupid noob PvP tips in my videos

YES I 100% AGREE - that's who they are there for, I see countless people doing weird things all the time I started adding obvious tips encase they were not aware of it, I highly doubt I can give advice to a ranked player, when I do not play ranked myself.

- I am always trying to improve myself and my videos for the community sorry if my tips are obvious and stupid, if you feel this way they were not intended for you, but for new players who do not understand swtor pvp.

4) you don't duel people so you must be scared or skilless

People ask me all the time to duel them, 99% of time I say no, main 2 reasons are because you are trying to prove I suck and you don't, and second is it is not convenient to duel, I have to travel to a planet and meet you there, if this was WoW I would be duelling all the time between 8v8 pvp warzones which is what I did.

But in SWTOR there is no one place people congregate to duel, if they did I would be there with bells on.

- The other reason I do not duel you is you were being obnoxious or annoying in game pestering me to duel you, calling me names saying I am scared or no skill.

Why would I waste my time proving I can beat you when you show me no respect or kindness in being polite?

Be nice / play nice is, my motto, you troll me or annoy me I put you on ignore, hell I rarely even duel anyone in my own guild for same reasons above, too inconvenient to meet up, I might be on a planet questing or looking for loot and you want me to come to you.

I KNOW there are more reasons, I am giving you this opportunity to say them here & now, and I will respond, please TRY and keep it civil, and I will gladly respond to any concerns you have about me.

Keep this in mind, if I was just an average Joe subscriber with no YouTube channel you would not care 1 bit what I did in this game, especially if I did not bad mouth anyone and I just kept quiet, you would not even know I existed, but because I have a YouTube channel with almost 10,000 subscribers everything I do gets put under a microscope.

I try and be the best ME I can, but I can't please everyone. But I do try.

Thanks for reading, and please let’s keep the following posts civil so we can work out any issues that are lingering about.

Thanks

WIZBASKY

Edited by WIZBASKY

Wiz, you have no reason or obligation to explain yourself to anyone. You make an effort for the community, thats enough for me. I don't always agree with everything you say or do but for that reason alone you and others like you that do similar things have my support.

You put it out there, you have the courage to put your name to it and behind it... i respect that a lot more than the "anonymous" trolls. Minor differences and such that at the end of the day result in minor changes to the bottom line aren't worth the grief some people wanna throw around.

Wiz, you have no reason or obligation to explain yourself to anyone. You make an effort for the community, thats enough for me. I don't always agree with everything you say or do but for that reason alone you and others like you that do similar things have my support.

You put it out there, you have the courage to put your name to it and behind it... i respect that a lot more than the "anonymous" trolls. Minor differences and such that at the end of the day result in minor changes to the bottom line aren't worth the grief some people wanna throw around.

Appreciate that Flop, and you are right, but understanding what I might be doing wrong can help me to become better, people obviously have issues with me, and I would like to know what they are, and why and to see if it's just a misunderstanding.

Such as people still say I leave warzones, but I rarely leave now and have not left for ages, but they still think I do.

So just trying to clear some of these issues up, doing so , helps me , helps them and helps me grow as a player and as a youtube provider.

I was there too and if I was Wizard's GM, I wouldn't let those Sebbas-like *******s join any kind of pvp wz.

More than ruining the game and kicking other's elo it ruins the Guild reputation and his GM in the same time.

I was about to join Floplag in thanking you for what you do on your Youtube Channel (nodoby should forgeg that thoses public vids bring ppl to join Swtor and populate our deser servers too...and give them a quick overview of the pvp side) despite your lack of skill...

You need to show authority upon your guildmates and respect to others Pvpers by remove that kind of crap from WIZs.

Force and Honor,

Enjoy the pizza!

Aka

PS : french is my native language, don't mind the gramma dramma

Edited by akahigesama
PS

You're the W I Z A R D S guild GM?

:D

I've seen 2 people from that guild hacking themselves blue in PVP areas to gold farm, lol.

someone else said this, yet no one proves it, you know what they says screen shot or it did not happen, but in this case I would need video.

I was there too and if I was Wizard's GM, I wouldn't let those Sebbas-like *******s join any kind of pvp wz.

More than ruining the game and kicking other's elo it ruins the Guild reputation and his GM in the same time.

I was about to join Floplag in thanking you for what you do on your Youtube Channel (nodoby should forgeg that thoses public vids bring ppl to join Swtor and populate our deser servers too...and give them a quick overview of the pvp side) despite your lack of skill...

You need to show authority upon your guildmates and respect to others Pvpers by remove that kind of crap from WIZs.

Force and Honor,

Enjoy the pizza!

Aka

PS : french is my native language, don't mind the gramma dramma

mate if every GM kicked a member because someone did not like what there members did in PvP, no guilds would have members, people should not focus on a guild name and focus the individual, if he is doing something wrong, do what everyone else does.

make fun of them, vote kick them from group, report them, don't blame the guild.

mate if every GM kicked a member because someone did not like what there members did in PvP, no guilds would have members, people should not focus on a guild name and focus the individual, if he is doing something wrong, do what everyone else does.

make fun of them, vote kick them from group, report them, don't blame the guild.

That individual is advertising your guild name. It's one thing to do that in unranked, but ranked is a whole other bag. If a GM of whatever guild aren't punishing or kicking people from guild who are doing that, what message does that send?

That individual is advertising your guild name. It's one thing to do that in unranked, but ranked is a whole other bag. If a GM of whatever guild aren't punishing or kicking people from guild who are doing that, what message does that send?

Like I said proof or it did not happen, anyone can make up lies about someone in the hopes of causing them trouble, but no one is proving anything by just stating words.

Fraps it, Load it, show it - only way to go nowadays

Like I said proof or it did not happen, anyone can make up lies about someone in the hopes of causing them trouble, but no one is proving anything by just stating words.

Fraps it, Load it, show it - only way to go nowadays

Picture is enough proof though I'm not surprised this is your attitude towards it, during pre-season you would leave games if when you got on my team simply because I called you out for leaving other games as soon as you loaded in and saw the team match up. Pre-season or not leaving games is not wanted

Edited by Dysfunxtional

Picture is enough proof though I'm not surprised this is your attitude towards it, during pre-season you would leave games if when you got on my team simply because I called you out for leaving other games as soon as you loaded in and saw the team match up. Pre-season or not leaving games is not wanted

screen shot proves nothing on glitching, and beside I really don't want to hear about what others are doing, telling me your problems with then does nothing, if you have problems with them hacking / glitching, what is telling me going to do.

Get them kicked from the guild? so what, they will continue hacking / glitching, tell bioware your issues with glitchers, not me.

Dear Wizbasky;

I'd like to say thanks rather than complain.

I really appreciate the time you've taken to put up your videos, their quality, and all the tips that come up during the footage.

You've really enhanced my enjoyment of pvp and given me lots to think about. The videos have helped me transition from a sucky pvper to one that more often gets what to do in certain situations. From sucky to average I guess! But mainly you've helped me enjoy the game a lot more. And I'm getting a lethality operative up through the 40s now and having real fun with it. ( I have fully pvp geared 60 merc., snipe and tank PT.)

More hardcore gamers often don't appreciate that the whole game can be enriched if players who are less skilled and/or have less time to commit are shown the ropes and just supported a little bit, rather than told they are noobs or to ****. I also have a slight disability which impacts on my manual dexterity at the keyboard, so anything which improves my skills is always welcome.

As for all the qq-ing about your supposed behaviour, I really don't give a crap about any of that. I think that sometimes leaving a wz or arena is OK.....for example while levelling last week, the third arena pop that day was yet another high 50 something tank w high 50 something healer and two 50 something dps vs 3 of us lowbie dpses - that was my "feck this" moment so I quit. I see that kind of quitting as helping the game long term ironically - if Bio records quits and works out how unbalanced their arena system matching can be that is. That said there may be something to be said for the "scaredy cat" 15 minute time out like they did on WoW. I don't know.

Anyway, thanks so much for what you do - keep on doing it!

Chris

Dear Wizbasky;

I'd like to say thanks rather than complain.

I really appreciate the time you've taken to put up your videos, their quality, and all the tips that come up during the footage.

You've really enhanced my enjoyment of pvp and given me lots to think about. The videos have helped me transition from a sucky pvper to one that more often gets what to do in certain situations. From sucky to average I guess! But mainly you've helped me enjoy the game a lot more. And I'm getting a lethality operative up through the 40s now and having real fun with it. ( I have fully pvp geared 60 merc., snipe and tank PT.)

More hardcore gamers often don't appreciate that the whole game can be enriched if players who are less skilled and/or have less time to commit are shown the ropes and just supported a little bit, rather than told they are noobs or to ****. I also have a slight disability which impacts on my manual dexterity at the keyboard, so anything which improves my skills is always welcome.

As for all the qq-ing about your supposed behaviour, I really don't give a crap about any of that. I think that sometimes leaving a wz or arena is OK.....for example while levelling last week, the third arena pop that day was yet another high 50 something tank w high 50 something healer and two 50 something dps vs 3 of us lowbie dpses - that was my "feck this" moment so I quit. I see that kind of quitting as helping the game long term ironically - if Bio records quits and works out how unbalanced their arena system matching can be that is. That said there may be something to be said for the "scaredy cat" 15 minute time out like they did on WoW. I don't know.

Anyway, thanks so much for what you do - keep on doing it!

Chris

1) Chris I am glad you enjoy my videos and thankyou for tanking the time to say so instead of just posting a complaint.

2) I play SMITE a MOBA style game when ever I just want to have 30 minutes of fast action 3v3 gameplay, and I get told I suck all the time in that game by lots of people so annoying, that no one just relaxes and takes the time to helps. Telling me I suck doing a basic thing over & over is counter productive, tell me how to do it right and I will stop sucking.

3) I think you will really enjoy lethality Op at 60 especially if you slight disability as you can just stand in the back and double dot & heal team mates, and when in trouble roll away and heal your self, such an easy class. Obviously to play it to it's fullest would require 100% hand eye coordination, but I have proven you can still do well by doing nothing else but (tab select target and double dot) all game and do nothing else and still get kills and help the team.

so I am sure you will find a playstyle they suits you best, but I think Leth op will be best for you.

4) people only QQ about me leaving games as I am well known, if some Joe Blogs casual player left, no one would care. but you are right if bioware added a 10-15 minute cooldown to rejoin another warzone que that would solve a lot of issues.

anyway thanks again and enjoy my vids & the game.

someone else said this, yet no one proves it, you know what they says screen shot or it did not happen, but in this case I would need video.

Your just to *********** ignorant to realize they are to be honest. If everyone is saying there hacking its for a reason. Everyone isn't just going around saying there hacking for no reason, your just to *********** dumb to realize it.

Dropping in to show support, from another average pvp'er, I dont play ranked, i just play to have fun (fully 2018) expertise fun to be clear.

I watch your vids, enjoy the tips , and your not some over the top cocky dude like almost every other pvp channel out there. So it makes it easy to watch your vids.

So expect a / Salute, or / Wave from me in a wz .

Edited by Scyphon_