EricMusco

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully back to a 3.0 gear system back when 6.0 drops :D

What was so good about it?

High endurance gear from vendor nobody really used except few tanks (B mods) and healers with trust issues ("I need hp because I end up tanking everything anyway" aka "healer aggro")?

192 legacy bound companion gear you could use from 55 to 60 and never use on that character after that? Or did players do HM FPs and operations with that gear?

Or do you mean Cunning gear with Defense and Shield rating or perhaps assault cannons with Cunning on it?

Edited by Halinalle

You decided on and made visible progress toward filling a specific slot.

After servers come back online we will have exactly that. Ops bosses will drop specific gear pieces. You can read the full list on many sites. Only difference is that there's no high endurance gear available.

I have a question is there a specific reason it needs to have maintenance around 5AM-9AM PDT? Personally I remember the early years of this game it was taking down a lot earlier and brought up earlier. I think if I remember way back when the game started it was taking down around 4am est/1am PDT. For the west coast the times seem to be ok but for the east coast the times are rough. The day is almost half over by the time servers come up.

I have a question is there a specific reason it needs to have maintenance around 5AM-9AM PDT? Personally I remember the early years of this game it was taking down a lot earlier and brought up earlier. I think if I remember way back when the game started it was taking down around 4am est/1am PDT. For the west coast the times seem to be ok but for the east coast the times are rough. The day is almost half over by the time servers come up.

Here in europe, we call that "first world problems". :cool:

Here is just a little conjecture for this, BW does not have money to pay overtime for the engineers to work during night.

This is merely guess backed with no proof or data to suppport the claim. :D

For Eastern Time Zone, which I am one, coming up at 12:00 p.m. is not bad because most of the Eastern time zones would be at work (yes there are some that are not) so that works out fine for Eastern servers. The ones that really have a problem are the European Servers as it is later than that. (I believe like 4 p.m or later)

for eastern time zone, which i am one, coming up at 12:00 p.m. Is not bad because most of the eastern time zones would be at work (yes there are some that are not) so that works out fine for eastern servers. The ones that really have a problem are the european servers as it is later than that. (i believe like 4 p.m or later)

17:00 bst / 18:00 cest / 19:00 eest

Edited by Halinalle

The ones that really have a problem are the European Servers as it is later than that. (I believe like 4 p.m or later)

Well, dowtime 2pm to 6pm here in Germany....horrible for everyone who is not working till evening....

Edited by Leidian

Well, dowtime 2pm to 6pm here in Germany....horrible for everyone who is not working till evening....

Yeah... 2 hours until our raid starts... 2 hours, to open crates, wait for light side winning to get +15% on cxp packs, to play the new story, to prepare for the new op and to eat something. Bedtime right after raid ends at 10:30 pm because the clock rings tomorrow morning at 6 am.

So much to do, so little time...

For Eastern Time Zone, which I am one, coming up at 12:00 p.m. is not bad because most of the Eastern time zones would be at work (yes there are some that are not) so that works out fine for Eastern servers. The ones that really have a problem are the European Servers as it is later than that. (I believe like 4 p.m or later)
I work Wed-Saturday 12 hr days so Im off on tuesday :( .

The whole idea that Bioware thinks it's the right decision to make BiS gear drop only from the last boss in NiM Operations while PvP components can buy you that gear and can be gained just by showing up and taking the piss in warzones is rather disturbing to be frank.

Tell you what, lets just make it equal in "time spent" to get a BiS piece from PVE and PVP. Lets see currently it takes couple hours to get one if you are lucky, maybe twice needed with OPS, whereas it would take MANY weeks to get one PvP. If it was fair it would be 1 BiS handed out with every PvP weekly. Not all PvEers are whiners because they realize how quick you can gear up with OPS compared to PvP.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

Yeah... 2 hours until our raid starts... 2 hours, to open crates, wait for light side winning to get +15% on cxp packs, to play the new story, to prepare for the new op and to eat something. Bedtime right after raid ends at 10:30 pm because the clock rings tomorrow morning at 6 am.

So much to do, so little time...

And thats the moment, when SWTOR twitters "need about 2,5 hours more for patching".....so at 9pm youre raidgroup looks like this:

4 people still downloading

2 got problems with launcher after patch

1 decided to go out because "BW won't bring the servers up anyway"

and you decide to change the raid notice to "never raid on patch day" ^^

2 hours, to open crates, wait for light side winning to get +15% on cxp packs, to play the new story,
Don't forget - there will be new CXP boost packs in CM that give a bonus of 100% for 3 hours. If you have CXP packs saved up, it could be worthwhile to pop one of those when you have DvL 15% on before opening the packs and crates. I don't buy any CM consumable items (or gambling packs) but am going to make an exception just this once. This boost doesn't impact disintegration of crate items. If you have a spare 3.5 million lying around, you could also get the Character Perk that adds another 10% bonus.

Don't forget - there will be new CXP boost packs in CM that give a bonus of 100% for 3 hours. If you have CXP packs saved up, it could be worthwhile to pop one of those when you have DvL 15% on before opening the packs and crates. I don't buy any CM consumable items (or gambling packs) but am going to make an exception just this once. This boost doesn't impact disintegration of crate items. If you have a spare 3.5 million lying around, you could also get the Character Perk that adds another 10% bonus.

Aren't these boosts available at a vendor to spend Command Tokens for? I have 5000-6000 left inside of some command stashs, so that wouldn't be the point.

Aren't these boosts available at a vendor to spend Command Tokens for? I have 5000-6000 left inside of some command stashs, so that wouldn't be the point.

I don't think the vendor ones give 100% bonus; for that you have to spend real money (in the form of CC.)

I really wish they would make that legacy wide instead of per character. With over 14 characters........