Legacy Name opt out

Tannim

You CAN opt out by simply never inputting one into the system. However, you will occasionally get a pop up asking you to input your legacy surname. Hitting ESC will close the pop every time. The pop up may eventually start getting annoying. You will also continue to gain Legacy experience even without the surname. I went through several levels without activating my Legacy because I wanted to spend more time thinking about what my Legacy surname would be. Edited by BlackRifle

You CAN opt out by simply never inputting one into the system. However, you will occasionally get a pop up asking you to input your legacy surname. Hitting ESC will close the pop every time. You will also continue to gain Legacy experience even without the surname. I went through several levels without activating my Legacy because I wanted to spend more time thinking about what my Legacy surname would be.

Well, that works for me. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'd really prefer to see last names as a completely separate feature. I dislike the fact that they are tied to the Legacy system. My characters are not related to one another in any way, shape, or form. It is inappropriate for them to share the same last name. Is a native of France likely to have a last name with a formation/structure that's similar to a last name for someone from the Netherlands? It is unlikely, just as it is unlikely that a Chiss naming structure would be similar to that of a human's. It's a cultural and linguistic difference.

If I choose to not display a last name for any character but one, then that means that only my main gets to have a last name.

I would like to see this functionality changed, and the last name feature detached from the Legacy system. Mythic got it right way back in Dark Age of Camelot a decade ago. It surprises me that BioWare went this route, because I think a lot of roleplayers are unhappy with it.